List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whose the last one we traded out that got really good value? Barry Brooks way back in the early 2000's? We suck at extracting value from players going elsewhere.
And even then it only got us an early pick in the last draft as dodgy as this one

May 9, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Aaron young & Jack Hombsch ring a bell we got peanuts for them
Cause that was what they were worth. Young had one good year, after that his form dropped significantly and we were likely to delist him. Hombsch if the Gold Coast weren't desperate for key position players we'd have gotten nothing for him anyway. That's not a crack at those two, it's just the facts of it. AhChee is another, peanuts were paid cause that's all we could get for them. We got good deals for Wingard and Polec but the demand was higher for those two and North and Hawthorn were willing to pay a hefty price to get them.

We could've held out for more for Young, Hombsch and AhChee but likely we'd have gotten nothing and they go into the pre season draft.

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don't feel sorry for Gibbs. I feel sorry for his wife and child. But this is a mess of his own making, and he's a guy who's been given more chances in life than countless others in a similar mire who started life way behind the eight ball and who nobody will ever give a s**t about.

I'm not going to laugh, point, and celebrate it, because bad s**t can strike down anyone at any time, but i'm not about to donate to a Bryce Gibbs Go Fund Me page either.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Whose the last one we traded out that got really good value? Barry Brooks way back in the early 2000's? We suck at extracting value from players going elsewhere.
I know..it even annoyed me a bit Chris Davies saying we would like to keep all our talls but he would understand if some of them wanted to leave for better opportunity. Meanwhile Dodoro says Fantasia is not on the table. A poker player Chris Davies ain’t.

To be honest we are in bed of our own making with Ladhams and Hayes. Spent big on Lycett who will only ever be a mid range ruckman on a long term deal. Already had Ryder who despite being poor forward actually rucked ok for the portions he could run out this year. If one of Lycett/Ryder weren’t at the club the questions probably wouldn’t be getting asked of Ladhams. he and Frampton probably would have played 10 games between them too.

Last year Ryder looked (and still looks) on his last legs, Ladhams was in borderline delistable form, and Hayes was a teenager coming off of a knee reco with about 5 SANFL games to his name. We actually take steps to build some ruck depth for the first time this decade, and half this board sees fit to complain about it.

ctpower

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Last year Ryder looked (and still looks) on his last legs, Ladhams was in borderline delistable form, and Hayes was a teenager coming off of a knee reco with about 5 SANFL games to his name. We actually take steps to build some ruck depth for the first time this decade, and half this board sees fit to complain about it.
Agree
At least we’ll get something for Ladhams should he decide to leave.

MALTSY

Club Legend
May 2, 2011
silver sands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Yep. Crazy.
It's an investment that will pay dividends through our ruckmen becoming Port Adelaide champions or by trading and securing us draft picks/players that meet a need.
This is good.
No ruckmen bad

yes lol Lycett was near BOG last game and now some are ruing the fact we brought him in.

This board has stockholm syndrome from years of having zero depth and Jackson Trengove and Justin Westhoff tandem rucking.

If we have great depth so be it, great problem and if some look for more opportunity because our first 22 are performing then we'll be compensated for it.

I'm happy with Lycett if he keeps his form, he's the first ruck we've had in a long time that uses his size on the field with aggression. We've had passive ruckman for awhile now and let's face it, aggressive big men are intimidating. LOVE IT!!! I'm not going to stress about losing young potential, they stay cool, leave recruit more. Our problem has been not recruiting enough to give us options IMO.

Wingard strangely enough.

Leaveit2charlie

Club Legend
Jan 29, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
In hindsight a straight swap burton and wingard we got overs... let alone the 1st rounder they gave us.

I'd let it play out but unless Chad finds All Australian form again those Hawks supporters who were totally against the trade in the first place are going to give him a pretty hard rime for the next couple of years.

I think Goldstein, Naitanui and McEvoy might have something say about this list.

It is such a shame Naitanui has had those knee injuries. He is an amazing athlete and footballer. He was more than holding his own with Grundy last night and NicNat was half fit.

Leaveit2charlie

Club Legend
Jan 29, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
In hindsight a straight swap burton and wingard we got overs... let alone the 1st rounder they gave us.

I'd let it play out but unless Chad finds All Australian form again those Hawks supporters who were totally against the trade in the first place are going to give him a pretty hard time over the next couple of years.

Fox sports have an article out at the moment saying Ryder almost certain to leave and has been heavily linked with both nsw clubs. Any trade ideas of value from either Sydney or gws?
Pick 80.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back