Autopsy Swans Vs Carlton Round 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough, without strong enough evidence to support me I'll concede that. I didn't mind having someone who acquitted themselves well as a ruck go up, but I could have also gotten that wrong too.

I was OK with Horse trying it last week. I foresaw the problems with it but I also saw the logic of Aliir rucking. Where my tolerance for the experiment ended is when Horse tried it again, despite seeing it not work last week, except this time against a far better opponent than Zac Clarke. It was complacency mixed with stubbornness IMO.

It was a really poor game, but all this hand wringing is over the top. It’s just not our season, but this group may yet come good. There’s no reason for despair. Also, Longmire is here to stay and has proved over a long time that he’s not the worst coach in the world as some here would have you believe, so it’d be nice if we could tone down the pointless whinging just a little.

Fair enough, without strong enough evidence to support me I'll concede that. I didn't mind having someone who acquitted themselves well as a ruck go up, but I could have also gotten that wrong too.

Look it’s a lose/lose for Horse. Knoll is going ok today but he plays him against Kruezer and he’d be slaughtered. But Aliir into defence shifts Dawson to a wing and suddenly we look far more dynamic, even though we’re being flogged in clearances.

It was a really poor game, but all this hand wringing is over the top. It’s just not our season, but this group may yet come good. There’s no reason for despair. Also, Longmire is here to stay and has proved over a long time that he’s not the worst coach in the world as some here would have you believe, so it’d be nice if we could tone down the pointless whinging just a little.
Shall we shut down Big Footy too?

Look it’s a lose/lose for Horse. Knoll is going ok today but he plays him against Kruezer and he’d be slaughtered. But Aliir into defence shifts Dawson to a wing and suddenly we look far more dynamic, even though we’re being flogged in clearances.
Well at least going forward the risks are minimised and we can see if this guy has anything

I was OK with Horse trying it last week. I foresaw the problems with it but I also saw the logic of Aliir rucking. Where my tolerance for the experiment ended is when Horse tried it again, despite seeing it not work last week, except this time against a far better opponent than Zac Clarke. It was complacency mixed with stubbornness IMO.

It’s neither complacency nor stubbornness. Neither Cameron nor Knoll are ready. Horse is playing a longer game than Round 16 2019. Like he did with Aliir and like he did with Dawson.

And this is why he should have been given 5 years and not 3.

If we picked knoll we would have won..not because of knoll but we then play aliir in defence and free up others
Some might call that team balance

Jack is now doing serious damage to his legacy as a player. Going to be remembered by many as just an ordinary player, when he was a star until the end of 2015.

Maybe, but was he supposed to waive off the $1.2 mill over 3 years or whatever he is on? That's a nice living plus another property investment at $500-600 per week net for life. Nobody is walking away from that. And maybe we gave him an extra year on a wink for underpaying him previously? Who knows....
Good on him for getting what he could. (but wouldn't pick him again - he should captain the 2s)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There appears to be a lot of comments here which to my mind miss the mark

The reality is that like last week we had umpteen chances but our inability to hand pass four metres to kick to a player and kill the ball from inside defensive fifty and indeed in the goal square were overwhelming.

Someone did say it earlier - our kicking has always been shocking but our hands are really really bad.

The whole team needs skills training more than anything else. Time after time we butcher the ball when running through the middle of the park - just kick it straight to the defender. I wonder how it is actually possible to watch such low skills as a coach and not think to yourself - I wish these guys would just go the park and kick it each other instead of having an effing soy latte at Bondi.

Lloyd gets good meters gained but just doesn't seem to be damaging with any of his disposal. If we had an option to move him elsewhere I'd like to see that for the remainder of the year.

Heeney just isn't lifting us out of the poop when he seems the most likely. I defended Hayward for being called soft and still will but I'm finally on board for give him a rest.

Alliir is showing signs of a good future ahead, Rampe is wasting his best season on a flat 2019 team effort.

Jack can't really be blamed when everyone else was at his level today but clearly his last year.

Got to hold firm I suppose but something's just not right with this outfit at the moment.

Problem is here people don't realise that this group of players are not that good in the overall scheme of things where the competitions other lists sit. Would probably also be a good idea for The Board's Fanboys to take your rose coloured glasses off and realise your player favourites are not as good as you think they are. Would stop a lot of dribble being spoken. That said an Abysmal performance by the whole side including the coaching staff but LMFAO @ Jack playing being the reason why the side lost. Lost at selection ? Game was lost between 1.45 pm and 4.30 pm by 22 footballers.

Problem is here people don't realise that this group of players are not that good in the overall scheme of things where the competitions other lists sit. Would probably also be a good idea for The Board's Fanboys to take your rose coloured glasses off and realise your player favourites are not as good as you think they are. Would stop a lot of dribble being spoken. That said an Abysmal performance by the whole side including the coaching staff but LMFAO @ Jack playing being the reason why the side lost. Lost at selection ? Game was lost between 1.45 pm and 4.30 pm by 22 footballers.

How convenient that your theory places all the blame on the players and not the coach. Are you honestly saying you think CARLTON have a more talented list than us?

Whatever the opposite of fanboys is ? Hater ? Then that pretty much sums up your posts. Ever got anything positive to add than to bemoan positivity and go on hulk smash rants. You have a great football mind, I genuinely mean that as I have seen that but try and lighten up a little because you make this negative prick even more depressed.

Whatever the opposite of fanboys is ? Hater ? Then that pretty much sums up your posts. Ever got anything positive to add than to bemoan positivity and go on hulk smash rants. You have a great football mind, I genuinely mean that as I have seen that but try and lighten up a little because you make this negative prick even more depressed.
Have to agree WW, you’re never positive...you should become a fanboy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back