RDFNL 2019 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets hope your right. Although heard this before for about 5 years. AFL Goldfields did their review it was not supported, other regions have reviewed and I think for all but the one down mornington way nothing (could be wrong) has changed. Lets hope your right, as long it is not an announcement of a process to review which takes another two years before an outcome is realised. The evidence is there for all to see. Change is required, so make change. This is just as big an issue for the powerful clubs in this comp as the weaker. Could clubs like Diggers, Romsey, Macedon Riddell actually raise their level (money and performance), probably not as they all have relatively small junior programs so they need this comp to work. Whereas Rupo, Centrals, Wallan have larger junior programs and more population to draw from and probably have the ability to evolve into whatever is put in front of them. Makes you wonder whether these three clubs are actually underachievers.

A standard one chooses to walk by is a standard you’ll keep.

If (and I say if) clubs feel strongly and passionately enough, or maybe delegates don’t share the same feelings about the long term future of ...
(1.) their individual clubs
(2.) the comp as a whole
(3.) local football in general

Because surely if so, Something would’ve happened a long time ago in my opinion.

Unsure if it’s fear, confidence to drive something of this magnitude or something completely logical we are unaware of - but there are some amazing (business minded) volunteers working in the RDFL but for some reason nothing has ever come from collective concerns .... and maybe it never will.

As Morgs has highlighted there is apparently some news coming soon. Even though we have heard this before over the past 3-5 years, finally let's pray for some clarity and a genuine direction going forward from higher above. Goldfields for all the frustrations at times they get branded with/for, only actually go off their own directive's from City Hall, I kinda get the impression they too are seeking something to outline the futures within their region.

I just read Broadford FNC are having a meeting for all past/present players, members in a week or so ... maybe it's in relation to this very topic.

Hoping to see more clubs look to break into this market .. an awesome way to stay involved and in-formed about the club while in another part of the world.

BEYOND THE NEST | Episode Six
While the Senior teams have the bye this weekend, the action doesn't stop on Beyond the Nest. Join Undiscovered Media's Jack Dynon and Chris Yeend as the pair look back at Round 12, chat with Woodend Hesket Masters Football Club president Ben Bush, look at this weekend's matches in the Woodend Junior Football Netball Club and look at the run home for the Senior football teams.

This edition is all thanks to the tremendous support from Buffalo Sports.

Listen online via the links below -

Spotify - https://spoti.fi/2JbU0lG
iTunes - https://apple.co/2NMQFxB
Podbean - https://bit.ly/2xKH6Es
#3Clubs1Community
#Woodend
#BuildingTheNest
#TheNest
#Podcast
#Football
#Netball
#MentalHealth
#MastersFootball
#Community

Lets hope your right. Although heard this before for about 5 years. AFL Goldfields did their review it was not supported, other regions have reviewed and I think for all but the one down mornington way nothing (could be wrong) has changed. Lets hope your right, as long it is not an announcement of a process to review which takes another two years before an outcome is realised. The evidence is there for all to see. Change is required, so make change. This is just as big an issue for the powerful clubs in this comp as the weaker. Could clubs like Diggers, Romsey, Macedon Riddell actually raise their level (money and performance), probably not as they all have relatively small junior programs so they need this comp to work. Whereas Rupo, Centrals, Wallan have larger junior programs and more population to draw from and probably have the ability to evolve into whatever is put in front of them. Makes you wonder whether these three clubs are actually underachievers.
From a Centrals point of view I wouldn’t say we are under achievers, our Junior program has gone from strength to strength since the move from Macpherson Park to Arnold’s Creek but it is only now that we are really starting to see strong numbers and lots of juniors transitioning through to our senior and reserve teams. If we are seeing similar results in 3-4 years then the argument for under achieving would be fair but I don’t think this is the case as we speak.

I don’t think Jensen would be that stupid to play in the RDFL next year, after burning his x team mates at Romsey. I may be wrong, I believe he was employed by Corey Romsey coach as part of him playing for Romsey.
I reckon you’ll find he’s employed by a Diggers sponsor.

Nah, a very close source told me he’s too old and retired. Nothing left in the tank. Washed up. 👴🏻
Played 2’s last week, trained both nights this week, but yeah well and truly washed up. Only needs to play 4 and then the finals. I’m sure most oppo teams will keep an eye out for him.

How bout young Cannolo? How’s he tracking?
Glad for the lad no opposition were aware of his body the days he’s been pencilled in.

Wise by Rupo too, doing it on days against less challenged oppo where a walk on/walk off tick in the book was never gunna cost the team.

How bout young Cannolo? How’s he tracking?
Glad for the lad no opposition were aware of his body the days he’s been pencilled in.

Wise by Rupo too, doing it on days against less challenged oppo where a walk on/walk off tick in the book was never gunna cost the team.
I watched a Coburg physic injury update last week, mentioned Billy 2 weeks away, imagine he would be at Rupo before back in the Coburg line up, will be qualified though I suspect and ok come finals time Doon.Apparently keen to lengthen his season after Coburg finish. Good news for the tank.

I watched a Coburg physic injury update last week, mentioned Billy 2 weeks away, imagine he would be at Rupo before back in the Coburg line up, will be qualified though I suspect and ok come finals time Doon.Apparently keen to lengthen his season after Coburg finish. Good news for the tank.

Good news, I’m sure the club will be all over it in terms of qualification

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done to Wallan today, way too good, our boys showed a bit in patches but outclassed overall. Despite the fact it was very cold it was actually fairly good conditions for footy.
Good spread at halftime. 👍🏻

Noticed young Fowler on crutches with an ice pack on his knee at halftime, fingers crossed for Wallan that it’s nothing serious, hate to see young stars of our comp injured.

All the best in the finals.

Well done to Wallan today, way too good, our boys showed a bit in patches but outclassed overall. Despite the fact it was very cold it was actually fairly good conditions for footy.
Good spread at halftime. 👍🏻

Noticed young Fowler on crutches with an ice pack on his knee at halftime, fingers crossed for Wallan that it’s nothing serious, hate to see young stars of our comp injured.

All the best in the finals.

Saw him after the game and he was struggling. Hopefully not too serious.

Thought your ruckman was outstanding with his work around the ground. Weir disappointing.

Two excellent 1/4s into the wind was the difference. Shaun Stewart was excellent down back along with Benello (again) Ricky Schraven, and Cam Nickson who did the job on Weir.

Massive game for Wallan next week.

Saw him after the game and he was struggling. Hopefully not too serious.

Thought your ruckman was outstanding with his work around the ground. Weir disappointing.

Two excellent 1/4s into the wind was the difference. Shaun Stewart was excellent down back along with Benello (again) Ricky Schraven, and Cam Nickson who did the job on Weir.

Massive game for Wallan next week.
How many did Perri get this week?

Diggers with plenty out too good for Rupo today, slow start for the Burra but after quarter time controlled the game. One of the the friggin coldest days ever at the football. Not very enjoyable but still better than a good day at work.

For those interested Billy Cannolo and Brett Chambers both got thru unscathed in the reserves game, the senior coach has footage of them going on if anyone wants to see it.

For those interested Billy Cannolo and Brett Chambers both got thru unscathed in the reserves game, the senior coach has footage of them going on if anyone wants to see it.
How good is that, taping the two’s for game review and feedback.
Not many clubs would do that below the seniors 👍

Diggers with plenty out too good for Rupo today, slow start for the Burra but after quarter time controlled the game. One of the the friggin coldest days ever at the football. Not very enjoyable but still better than a good day at work.

Only footage for this week?

The odd idiot playing 3rds footy..That’s a concern about young kids playing in the 3rds senior comp or club 18s as you call them. Most don’t train and the odd person still living in the past by whacking blokes by way of cheap shots.

He actually played in the 19 s game and was then doubling up in the clubbies to assist teammates. Not an odd idiot at all in my opinion. There were other youngsters also playing for both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back