My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 24, ghostdog

Last edited by a moderator:

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Best bit was that he never went into his shell. Kept getting the footy and taking the game on despite multiple utensil ups. Shows he is mentally strong.

Had a bit of a ā€˜mare though.
On reflection, you are absolutely right. He made some shocking errors, but he did not give up and was desperate til the end. Some miggt drop their heads, but redman did not.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Made soon poor errors but worked hard to make amends, plenty worse. Zaharakis for one

YourƩ making excuses and deflecting the fact. Mason was crap

Had 15 possessions, 7 CLANGERS. 3 free kicks against (iirc, all 3 ere all holding the ball).

Was poor last week also, with guys putting pressure on in the reserves, I'd be looking to give Mason a rest.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
YourƩ making excuses and deflecting the fact. Mason was crap

Had 15 possessions, 7 CLANGERS. 3 free kicks against (iirc, all 3 ere all holding the ball).

Was poor last week also, with guys putting pressure on in the reserves, I'd be looking to give Mason a rest.
Who replaces him? We have let senior players coast on below par games so many times and we finally find a kid thatā€™s not only talented but tough as nails and you want to drop him? We need more Redman types not fewer in our side.

Oct 12, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics
His contested aerial work really stifled Norfs ability to get the ball into their forward 50, he was involved in a plethora of contests and he was remarkably composed for a high pressure game.

I actually thought that was one of his best games he's played to date.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
if people were happy with his performance then they really are delusional. Out positioned numerous times, turnt it over (DE 57%), poor choices throughout the game (7 clangers) and hardly a weapon like he is usually (only 2 rebound 50's).

Call me silly, but knowing he can be better has made me aware that if we are a fair dinkum football club that we wouldn't be happy with a second below par performance.

But hey, at least he tried hard

Oct 12, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics
if people were happy with his performance then they really are delusional. Out positioned numerous times, turnt it over (DE 57%), poor choices throughout the game (7 clangers) and hardly a weapon like he is usually (only 2 rebound 50's).

Call me silly, but knowing he can be better has made me aware that if we are a fair dinkum football club that we wouldn't be happy with a second below par performance.

Mate, you have head ****ed me so hard right now. To each their own I guess.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Ridley doesnā€™t offer the physicality and we are going backwards playing Dea and neither have really played well enough to dislodge Redman.
Guelfi goes to a more defensive role and Ridley comes up to a running role that Guelfi seems to be playing.

If Dea was on our list, what's the point in not playing him if he is in good enough form?

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Mate, you have head fā€™ed me so hard right now. To each their own I guess.

I'll dumb it down

He's been crap the last two weeks. People don't like to hear it. Im suggesting he go back to the VFL to gain form. People don't like my suggestiong

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Dea isnā€™t in good form anyway

When Redman is up and running he is far more damaging in defence than Guelfi

REDMAN HAS BEEN BELOW PAR FOR THE PAST TWO WEEKS!!

What don't you understand about this?

I'll just agree to disagree. I won't be surprised to see a Ridley, or Dea selected on Thursday night with Redman omitted

Made a few poor choices, but worked his way through it. Was great in the last quarter to run back get the ball and turn the North guy. Effort was always there.

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon

Wasn't a great game overall, but his tackling, physicality and crucial saves got us into the game. No way he gets dropped. Sounds like you're skipping all the good things he did.

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
I can't believe people are even discussing dropping Redman. He's been the perfect counterpoint to Saad and McKenna all year. He has it all, pace, kicking skills, good in the air, disciplined and has an aggressive streak in him. He made a few blues today but he rebounded quickly from them and kept his head up and also was part of some very good chains of ball forward, including his great bit of playing running straight past Hrovat, winning the ball then turning on a dime and pinpointing a player. This was during the last quarter when we couldn't get the ball out of our 50.

Apr 26, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Aston Villa
He
Wasn't a great game overall, but his tackling, physicality and crucial saves got us into the game. No way he gets dropped. Sounds like you're skipping all the good things he did.
He did more bad things than good things.

I wouldnā€™t drop him though. I love that heā€™s a bit of a hard nut and we have so few of them.

Back