No Oppo Supporters The TAN 72 - Politics, s**t talk and Equus' secret love for MAFS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigerbob68

????????????
May 19, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I know... especially if the stumps are in deep!
rimshot.gif

RFCGloryJC

Publicity for Ricky Nixon and the St Kilda Girl
Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Inter Milan, Real Madrid 👑
New documentary on Michael Hutchence, "Mystify".
Maybe the song "Disappear" is named after Michael's estate.
He had investments worth approximately $15 million. All gone.
Apparently taken by his lawyer, who had organised a tax shelter.
Only left the suicide belt for his brother, Rhett.

Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Anyone know a way to stop a burnt thumb from hurting, I’ve already run it under cold water. :(
yeah late to the party but i'm posting this in hope of remembering it (yellow mustard)

aloe vera makes the most sense to me by far but mustard ? well i suppose if the finger resembles a hot dog...ok
fair enuff...put mustard on it

Last edited:

Tiges1229

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 26, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Anyone know a way to stop a burnt thumb from hurting, I’ve already run it under cold water. :(
Old wives tales or quack remedies dont work. The pain is all in your mind, not your thumb.

A good trick is to rub some extra strength dencorub on another part of your body, preferably on a sensitive part like inside your thigh, because physically you cannot feel pain in two places simistainally, and your mind will focus on the dencorub and forget about your thumb.

This Is Anfield

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Podcaster
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, England, Furies
Old wives tales or quack remedies dont work. The pain is all in your mind, not your thumb.

A good trick is to rub some extra strength dencorub on another part of your body, preferably on a sensitive part like inside your thigh, because physically you cannot feel pain in two places simistainally, and your mind will focus on the dencorub and forget about your thumb.
Burning your other thumb would work just as well.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Burning your other thumb would work just as well.
Haha so true.
One of the tests used to explain how you cannot feel pain in two places on or in your body at the same time is the ear lobe pinch test.
Pinch both earlobes until they really hurt and see if you can feel the pain in both at the same time. You can't, it's impossible. You can only feel either left or right, but if you focus hard enough you can centralise the pain away from where you're actually pinching into the center of your head.
Pain management with mind control is a fascinating subject

Drofder

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 18, 2014
37.8265° S, 145.0069° E
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, Niners
Haha so true.
One of the tests used to explain how you cannot feel pain in two places on or in your body at the same time is the ear lobe pinch test.
Pinch both earlobes until they really hurt and see if you can feel the pain in both at the same time. You can't, it's impossible. You can only feel either left or right, but if you focus hard enough you can centralise the pain away from where you're actually pinching into the center of your head.
Pain management with mind control is a fascinating subject

I find beer numbs a lot of things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TigerTime_89

4x Jack Dyer Medalist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melb Storm, Liverpool, S Thunder
I hope Federer wins tonight. Never liked Novak very much, or his Dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back