2019 Formula One Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Not Important

never test the depth of water with both feet.
Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
rumour floating around the vettel is considering pulling the plug. opens the door for daniel if there's anything to it.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong

davis_756

Cancelled
May 24, 2008
unknown
AFL Club
Carlton
Bit of a nothing article, if Ferrari start winning again seb will continue if they fade he will retire but then the gig looks no better then Renault.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Seb’s a spoilt child. Who was lucky enough to be in the right place.
I’m not taking anything away from him in terms of his talent. He is one of the better drivers in this era. But there are equivalent or better drivers over the past decade that could have achieved championships in the right car.
He came into the right place at the right time as a very young man. To have such success at such a time in your life means that when that success evaporates it’s very hard to process.
Seb will be fine once he has a win. Right now, he’s very “woe is me they robbed me of a win”. A win puts all that behind him.
Zero chance he walks away, zero chance Renault release Daniel from his contract.

David Schwarz

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 30, 2013
M9 - M10 Standing Room
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur

10 years on ... Brawn GP.

Still a hideous looking machine

Carl Eclair fastest again, running super softs again against Mercedes mediums

The wallaby that comes to our backdoor to eat our leftover vegetables has more racing nous than those individuals that run Ferrari

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just Vettel, AWOL 2 races in a row now maybe there is some truth to him retiring at the end of the year just doesn't look focused.
I’m sure he is upset with two recent decisions going against Ferrari. I can under.
But the man is paid $50 million a year. Even more than Hamilton.
So the expectations from his employer is that he can put that behind him and focus on the job at hand.
I believe the championship is gone for 2019, but he has to give his employer, his fans and himself much more than he is giving right now.
As I’ve said before, spoilt child.

davis_756

Cancelled
May 24, 2008
unknown
AFL Club
Carlton
I’m sure he is upset with two recent decisions going against Ferrari. I can under.
But the man is paid $50 million a year. Even more than Hamilton.
So the expectations from his employer is that he can put that behind him and focus on the job at hand.
I believe the championship is gone for 2019, but he has to give his employer, his fans and himself much more than he is giving right now.
As I’ve said before, spoilt child.
Always has been, can't recall him throwing the towel in like this though unless it's just extenuated by Leclerc hitting form.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
It's kind of weird how subtle racing is. Many fans are miserable at Hamilton's success. Think about how many campaigners living vicariously through Hamilton and justifying everything he does and diminishing others? Think about how many people shitting on Bottas even though he's been fantastic this year?

Hamilton's leading by 39pts this year. But look how much he's gained through doing nothing.

- Bahrain. Running 2nd, Bottas 3rd, which is +3 points difference. Leclerc has the engine issue, and Hamilton still finishes 1 place ahead of Bottas, but it's a 7pt margin. So that 4 extra points.

- Monaco. Running 1st with Bottas 2nd. An unexpected safety car compromises Bottas. The ensuing drama relegates him to 3rd when it was otherwise an easy 2nd. SO that's 3 extra points Hamilton gets on Bottas.

- Canada. Hamilton 2nd and Bottas 4th. Vettel had a moment which got in the way of Hamilton, who otherwise didn't do anything impactful. Vettel cops a penalty and Hamilton wins. That's 7 extra points on Bottas.

- Britain. Hamilton's 2nd with Bottas leading. Bottas pits and Hamilton goes on an extended run when the safety car is realised and give him an opportune pitstop. Hamilton wins and Bottas is 2nd. A 14 point turnaround with Bottas having the moral win.

That's 28 points Hamilton has got on Bottas by just being up there without doing anything exceptional.

Bottas is not racing against Hamilton. He's racing against the "Hamilton Aura".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back