Lack of Respect for the History of our Great Game by Interstate Clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

So it's a perception then that all Victorians disregard non vic top tier leagues. Just as I thought.
Projecting your narrative much? When did I ever say anything about any other leagues? All I've said it's the AFL and to say interstate teams shows a super vic centric view of the national league. Nowhere you can even entertain any idea of meNtioning any other league bar the AFL

Yeah that's right
It was all Elliott and Vic
Sanfl and wafl had nothing to do with said plan which is common knowledge in SA
myopia is what we are talking about after all

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

The reason its very relevant in the history of game is IMHO, it left WA out - subsequently WA were determined to not be left out.

Projecting your narrative much? When did I ever say anything about any other leagues? All I've said it's the AFL and to say interstate teams shows a super vic centric view of the national league. Nowhere you can even entertain any idea of meNtioning any other league bar the AFL

I asked a question of another poster and you replied with a perception - just so you know it's not about you saying anything about any other leagues.

What is this narrative you speak of that I'm projecting?

Last edited:
I’m sure you have stats/info that backs this up because frankly I call bulls**t.

Yes, WA footy was struggling but they had just received a $2 million bail out from the state government and the WAFC had been formed to investigate ways of keeping WA footy financially stable and avoid further bailouts.

In nothing that I’ve ever read has it ever been stated that all those clubs you’ve named would instantly collapse had the Eagles not joined the VFL.

Read back a few pages laddie.

I'm not going to keep on quoting the same referenced information to denialists.

Hint. The figure was 2 mil plus 6 mil bailouts; and another 10 mil or so.

The WAFL and its clubs had double the debt AFTER the bailouts of the Vic equivalent, and had 1/10th of the income.

Frankly I don't give a s**t if you want to look reality in the face or not. I'm sure the version daddy fed you suits you better.

Sure, here’s one from yesterday.

From this very thread too.

Lack of Respect for the History of our Great Game by Interstate Clubs

Where does that say wc are not a real footy club because they have not existed for 60+ years?

You are aware he represented Victoria when he was still a teenager

One good year in 6.

Versus every top level award in the SA bush League; including 3 times THE BEST player in the whole show.

All of this after the Collingwood President sold him down the river to an SA business associate in return for a minor favor.

Keep trying though. It is quite amusing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One good year in 6.

Versus every top level award in the SA bush League; including 3 times THE BEST player in the whole show.

All of this after the Collingwood President sold him down the river to an SA business associate in return for a minor favor.

Keep trying though. It is quite amusing.
Seriously, you're a fool

Haha, nice try dude. You might want to think about what the poster (and other similar posts) is implying and how that relates to my statement.

So you're perceiving that another poster is implying your club not a real club because of the word franchise and not because of the fact that it is not 60+ years old.

Got it, insecurity confirmed.

What other state leagues are you talking about and when were they officially relegated to 2nd tier status?
VFA relegated to 2nd tier status by virtue of the majority of strong clubs moving their season to season premier competition under the title of VFL in 1897.
SANFL essentially relegated to 2nd tier status when they entered their own team as a team in this premier league in 1991.
WAFL spiritually relegated to 2nd tier status in 1987 when they entered their own team of West Coast Eagles in this premier league and lots of fans would not stay around to watch the next tier down play after it at the same ground.
VFA killed off gradually during late 1980s and early 1990's to be merged into the 2nd tier state league we have now in Victoria but it is no longer VFA. Got gobbled up by the premier league and identity of long time VFA clubs mostly gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back