2nds Casey Demons 2019 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Casey are winning contested footy and being dominated. Amazing how we continue to push this terrible style through the whole club.
That early game I thought highlighted our lack of leg speed, & across our list.
The doogies out sprinted us to be first to the ball, much nore often than not. And so they spread better, as well.

We won most contested ball, but they won most loose ball or contested loose ball, just by getting to it in front.
When we won a contested possession, we just coughed it up, with really poor disposal.
We've got some work to do in recruiting.

Disappointed today in the early game, with JKH and also Maynard.

The only class I saw, was oBaker.

7Yl0qQD.png

a3cMhcO.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think at some point we are going to have to decide whether to ditch Casey or take them over completely and become the Melb reserves. I watched the game (Casey ) v the Bulldogs and 3 of the better players were not Melb listed . I don't think it helps us apart from previewing some players , and i do think it prevents some of our younger players from developing as they have to fit non AFL players into the team taking positions that would be otherwise there for our youngsters. It would also open up spots for us to recruit for . I also don't understand why as the club that pioneered recruiting Irish lads we are now ignoring that potential recruiting ground while other clubs benefit. We may not find any legends , but we won't find anything if we don't look.

I think at some point we are going to have to decide whether to ditch Casey or take them over completely and become the Melb reserves. I watched the game (Casey ) v the Bulldogs and 3 of the better players were not Melb listed . I don't think it helps us apart from previewing some players , and i do think it prevents some of our younger players from developing as they have to fit non AFL players into the team taking positions that would be otherwise there for our youngsters. It would also open up spots for us to recruit for . I also don't understand why as the club that pioneered recruiting Irish lads we are now ignoring that potential recruiting ground while other clubs benefit. We may not find any legends , but we won't find anything if we don't look.

If they became 'Melb reserves' we'd still need VFL players to fill up a 22-man team, especially when our injury list is as long as it is currently. I don't see how it would make it any different to how it is now.

If they became 'Melb reserves' we'd still need VFL players to fill up a 22-man team, especially when our injury list is as long as it is currently. I don't see how it would make it any different to how it is now.
Agreed. And given we play largely kids at Casey, it helps for them to have a few older and wiser heads to support them and get them a taste of winning. Playing only developing kids and losing all the time wouldn't help.

We already have taken them over. Happened when they changed their name to the Demons. The only separation is the name - they are the exact equivalent. We took their coach back six weeks ago.

Yeah we took over a couple of years ago. I'd imagine they're only still "Casey" to keep the connection to the area, and also because we don't have a home base in the city for them to play out of anyway. The connection with the VFL team is probably one of the few things that are working well to be honest, given the number of players we've recruited from there, it shows players shopping around for a VFL club that they're only a strong season away from getting a shot on an AFL list, and contrary to your point, having a strong non-listed group of players in your VFL team is really important for the development of your young players. I think it was Alistair Lynch who was s**t talking the NEAFL the other day as one of the reasons GC are so crap, because they have to fill the void in their reserves team with U18 players from their Academy, rather than being able to have a squad of established state league players - not that that has anything to do with the NEAFL, more the lack of depth in the youth of QLD.

Yeah we took over a couple of years ago. I'd imagine they're only still "Casey" to keep the connection to the area, and also because we don't have a home base in the city for them to play out of anyway. The connection with the VFL team is probably one of the few things that are working well to be honest, given the number of players we've recruited from there, it shows players shopping around for a VFL club that they're only a strong season away from getting a shot on an AFL list, and contrary to your point, having a strong non-listed group of players in your VFL team is really important for the development of your young players. I think it was Alistair Lynch who was s**t talking the NEAFL the other day as one of the reasons GC are so crap, because they have to fill the void in their reserves team with U18 players from their Academy, rather than being able to have a squad of established state league players - not that that has anything to do with the NEAFL, more the lack of depth in the youth of QLD.
About time the club got serious and moved to Casey Fields lock stock and barrel, men’s and women’s AFL, men’s and women’s VFL, academy and community programs all under the one roof and access to federal, state and local funding.

Next stage to redevelop oval 1 already approved and in planning along with the removal of local sports clubs from oval 2 and 3 to open them up as training venues. Opportunity for the club to take steps toward finally establishing an elite training set up, no more public paddocks beside main roads.

About time the club got serious and moved to Casey Fields lock stock and barrel, men’s and women’s AFL, men’s and women’s VFL, academy and community programs all under the one roof and access to federal, state and local funding.

Next stage to redevelop oval 1 already approved and in planning along with the removal of local sports clubs from oval 2 and 3 to open them up as training venues. Opportunity for the club to take steps toward finally establishing an elite training set up, no more public paddocks beside main roads.
And ask the folks from Toorak and Brighton to drive to the outer burbs? They wont even go across the cbd to etihad.

And ask the folks from Toorak and Brighton to drive to the outer burbs? They wont even go across the cbd to etihad.
New train station in the pipeline as well, I’m certain they would all enjoy a day trip to cranbourne east to watch training

Remove this Banner Ad

Back