Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I don't recall Bevan or Hussey batting at number 3.

Hussey started out as an opening batsman, actually.

What does failing to rotate the strike like a good batsman have to do with batting at 3?

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Hussey started out as an opening batsman, actually.

What does failing to rotate the strike like a good batsman have to do with batting at 3?
Debuted in the test team as an opener and looked shithouse against the windies I reckon

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Debuted in the test team as an opener and looked ****house against the windies I reckon

Hussey spent most of his time at WA opening up. I recall Bevan getting a gig somewhere at the top of the order for a bit and not cutting the mustard, but he was never overly excited about facing raw pace.

Still seeking clarification on why number 3's don't need to rotate the strike.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Hussey spent most of his time at WA opening up. I recall Bevan getting a gig somewhere at the top of the order for a bit and not cutting the mustard, but he was never overly excited about facing raw pace.

Still seeking clarification on why number 3's don't need to rotate the strike.
Yeah he was an opener right up until we shoehorned him into the middle order. Turned out he was actually better there.

Bevan and Ramprakash stand out as 2 who had unreal first class records but nothing at test level

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I have one of mankind’s great natural hair helmets, but even I bow to Novaks.

It never moves! Likely never eats, sleeps or prays too. Helmet is, helmet does.

Proper Gander the answer is yes.

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
Thanks - that's really cool.

No worries - I’ve always been a bob Seager fan. When you hear that you realize how Much craft went into each song

I was lucky enough to hear it randomly in my car driving to the hardware store

I had no idea he was recording is muscle shoals so much

No worries - I’ve always been a bob Seager fan. When you hear that you realize how Much craft went into each song

I was lucky enough to hear it randomly in my car driving to the hardware store

I had no idea he was recording is muscle shoals so much
I've not really delved into the Seager catalogue so this was one of those "oh this is actually a decent song" moments for me. Especially understanding the double tracking of the drums and the keys, and then the importance of breath in the vocals.

The use of the Silver Bullets as the backing band for the rock tracks and the Muscle Shoals band for the bluesier tracks was also fascinating.

Time to make random chat, random again. What do you guys think happened in Roswell in 1947?
have you been watching all the Bob Lazar stuff?

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Time to make random chat, random again. What do you guys think happened in Roswell in 1947?
I didn’t know anything had happened in Roswell 1947 until you asked and I consulted Wikipedia.

Please don’t tell me you find the UFO story compelling.

Great listen. You don't wanna believe it but some of the s**t he has been proved right on is very strange
Yeah like telling us about an element that had not even been discovered and hand bone structure scanner (which was technology that was sci-fi at the time)

His story is defiantly one that has to be taken very seriously (can't believe I am saying that about aliens/ufos)

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Yeah like telling us about an element that had not even been discovered and hand bone structure scanner (which was technology that was sci-fi at the time)

His story is defiantly one that has to be taken very seriously (can't believe I am saying that about aliens/ufos)
I can’t believe you are saying that either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back