Votes: 109 49.1%
  • Jayden Short

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 175 78.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Good solid team effort. At times completely dominant. Still those little fade outs we need to stop. Usual suspects did well.

I want to talk about some of the other suspects. Especially kids

But firstly, BEllis was really good today. Lot of body on line and defensive work. but good run and carry. Very happy with him.

On the tall kids. Soldo really has stepped up a notch. Didn't dominate, but rucked well and impacted around the ground (few seconds more and he'd have had a goal). Chol is not a first ruck. But he's a damn good second ruck / tall utility. Really nice combo. No need to rush Nank back - although obviously an in form Nank is better. So we've got good depth here and really added to our ability match other teams in the ruck contest.

Eggman, some great stuff and some not so good stuff. But a heap to work with. really happy because I reckon we've got a genuine keeper here.
Stack was mostly good again. Few unusual poor disposals. But he looks the genuine goods.
Shai was very good. He's a mid and needs to be played in a way that enables him to be involved. We still need big inside mids to help him out. But Shai might just be very close to an A grader over time.
Rioli - bit more mature but has been out of from. Some stuff is still not on point. But he did some absolutely lovely things today. Looking proomising he'll be back to form.

On other things, the JR Tom show looked very nice. If this works out gee we are a much better team.

Overall, good game. Cotch and Dusty did well - still can improve.

Defense good. Short in and out, but he's got the goods.

Anyone coming in deserves their spot. No real passengers I thought.

That’s the hardest I’ve seen Brando go at the ball and contest, best game he’s ever played imho
He had a good game put his body on the line then absolutely showed no composure and s**t himself in the last quarter in the back 50 handballing blindly over his head .
After 150 games he shouldn't be doing that .

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He had a good game put his body on the line then absolutely showed no composure and s**t himself in the last quarter in the back 50 handballing blindly over his head .

shafted his team mates for open goals a couple times

not the most composed in the team

Theoretically speaking you just know if Coniglio was playing for Richmond our medicos would never have allowed him to play today, regardless of that fact that today's game was an 8 pointer. And if Riewoldt had injured his PCL as a GWS player he would have played 2 weeks ago, well before he was deemed 100% ready. Today I tip my hat to our brilliant trainers, doctors and coaches who never panic and who always back our quality of depth to get us the desired result.
And to add to that, it’s easy to manage players returning when you’re winning games and everyone else is fit like last year. But this year when we were missing a million players and we’ve been losing games they’ve refused to change their mantra and for that we’ve given ourselves every chance of being at or near full strength at the right time of the year.

They all handball over their heads at times, I saw who he was hoping to hit, but it didn't. Kick off the ground 20m out that went straight to them was iffy, but again, it looks bad when it doesn't come off. I'm 50-50 on Brando, but he was good and has been good most of the season.

Out: DES, going okay, but it was just a taste.
Stack back to HB
In: Caddy for sure, just because they will not give him 2 weeks in the ressies, even though there is no real spot.

Short was average, but he is a dry weather player. Baker will be pushing, but Rioli was much improved so no spot.

A very good win today by the lads considering I felt we went in too tall as well as too outside in the middle.
As I said yesterday I didn’t rate GWS and still don’t bc they’re very poor defensively and rely more on midfield ball win. We really needed a couple of blokes that could give us first use today as we were smashed at the stoppages. Our Silky midfielders looked good today mainly bc of the great work our backline was doing in setting up so they could find space.
Graham is a needed commodity as we will get butchered by teams who have more than two decent forwards and a cameo effort by a highly talented first gamer. We just can’t afford to allow easy balls won by the opposition in the guts as our backline will eventually buckle. I still don’t know how to fit our Wonkavision Mike TV version of Tom Lynch in Josh Caddy into our team as after today Lynch is a massive upgrade on him. Caddy will make us slower in every position and can’t tag, so Graham still wins. Dusty is not doing enough and Cotchin is still rusty with only some hint of magic.
Egg was fumbling in the conditions , but still has some upside and I think he still needs to play. Short was horrid today and will need to lift his game with better teams coming up as he may end up feeling the wrath of 2017.
His 2018 final series was a worry so he will be on notice.
Soldo is a liability and we need Nakkers back ASAP , but really he should never have played in the inclement conditions.
Tom Lynch was very good today and earned a second vote from me this year. Great to see JR return safely.
Stack is still the revelation of 2019 with Bolton mounting a challenge.
Another box ticked.

Last edited:
Good win

Felt we were a bit light in the midfield even with them losing Cognilio early.

Out: Egg
In: Graham/Caddy/Higgins (delete as appropriate)

Boltons put in two great games on the bounce.

Soldo and Chol doing great too. On that note how pleasing is it to have gone from having only one AFL standard ruck in Nank before the season started to having two quality 1st rucks and two of the most exciting and athletic young 2nd rucks in the comp!

On POT-LX1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

100% yes. The circle is for the 22 on the ground, no exceptions have been made since that came in place. Why break it now because Dusty felt like uncle mushy. Maybe next week George can bring in his 6 year old next door neighboure because shes a tiger fan and its her birthday.
Maybe I have a relaxed approach to footy tradition than you do, but I don’t think it’s such a big deal personally. To each their own

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack R seriously unhappy about BEllis's shot at goal at the end of the second quarter when a lace out pass to Jack was an easier and more productive option. Brandon is earning his keep but the occasional brain fade makes decisions on whether to trade him easier. Other than that, this game showed up the value of hard bodies at the contest when we get into prefinals mode. Jack G, Liam B, Caddy and Jack H just need to stay focused and present wherever they are playing. The game against the Power will tell whether we are in it (albeit deep) to make up the numbers or to go through to the end.

Jack R seriously unhappy about BEllis's shot at goal at the end of the second quarter when a lace out pass to Jack was an easier and more productive option. Brandon is earning his keep but the occasional brain fade makes decisions on whether to trade him easier. Other than that, this game showed up the value of hard bodies at the contest when we get into prefinals mode. Jack G, Liam B, Caddy and Jack H just need to stay focused and present wherever they are playing. The game against the Power will tell whether we are in it (albeit deep) to make up the numbers or to go through to the end.

Hmmmm....port are getting their sphincters handed to them by the lions

He may not be great at this point, but I love the big bugger Soldo. Think he's worth persisting with, if for no reason but that Mo!
Surprisingly he was leading the AF in the second quarter until the last few minutes when Bolton overtook him. He was leading the tackles and pressure count and had a few score involvments and intercepts. Shame he tapered off a bit in the last half, plus hes still a pup at 23.
One thing with him is he's very quick off the mark for the first 10 meters then slows dramatically, thats why he's valuable at a stoppage as he's very damaging with his pressure and tackles.
I think people judge unfairly based on perceived pace and agility and not what his contribution to the structure actually is.

Surprisingly he was leading the AF in the second quarter until the last few minutes when Bolton overtook him. He was leading the tackles and pressure count and had a few score involvments and intercepts. Shame he tapered off a bit in the last half, plus hes still a pup at 23.
One thing with him is he's very quick off the mark for the first 10 meters then slows dramatically, thats why he's valuable at a stoppage as he's very damaging with his pressure and tackles.
I think people judge unfairly based on perceived pace and agility and not what his contribution to the structure actually is.

Soldo and Nankervis would be 'interesting'

Jack R seriously unhappy about BEllis's shot at goal at the end of the second quarter when a lace out pass to Jack was an easier and more productive option.
Then Jack goes and does the exact same thing halfway into the last qtr. Strange he wasn't unhappy with himself :)

Back