Toast Josh Dunkley

Remove this Banner Ad

I always thought Dunks had JPK like traits. In saying that the club certainly has some big decisions to make regarding guys like Dahl & Wallis. We cannot carry multiple guys with poor speed and foot skills into the future. If the club backs Dunks to be our number 1 inside midfielder long term, then we must surround him with elite kicks and guys with pace.

Josh Dunkley had one game of 25 plus possessions in his first 34 games of footy.

He has done it in 7 of the past 8 games.

For those who see similarities to Josh Kennedy, he did it 5 times in his first three seasons (37 games).
Daniel Cross was a fringe player until the second half of his 4th season. He had only two touches in his first game. Dunkley will be more than fine, the run-with roles are the making of him - great for his education.

The coaches seem to have settled on the best positions for a few players, after some pretty wild experimentation through the first 2/3 of the season.

It’s no coincidence that we’ve jagged a few wins as Dunkley, JJ, Richards, Naughton, Cordy, Trengove, etc have been able to settle into positions they are best at.

29 disposals, 7 tackles, 4 clearances and 11 CPs per game over the last 8 weeks. That puts Dunks in some pretty good company.

We probably need one more contested bull alongside him to release Macrae and Bont a bit more. That could easily be Libba.

The coaches seem to have settled on the best positions for a few players, after some pretty wild experimentation through the first 2/3 of the season.

It’s no coincidence that we’ve jagged a few wins as Dunkley, JJ, Richards, Naughton, Cordy, Trengove, etc have been able to settle into positions they are best at.

29 disposals, 7 tackles, 4 clearances and 11 CPs per game over the last 8 weeks. That puts Dunks in some pretty good company.

We probably need one more contested bull alongside him to release Macrae and Bont a bit more. That could easily be Libba.
Bailey Williams?

Bailey Williams?

He certainly has the physical dimensions and showed a bit of an aptitude as a mid for a few games in the middle of the season, but he’s still unproven as a contested ball-winner at the AFL level (was pretty prolific as a junior). His work at half back this year was really good.

Given that Williams is still only 20 years old and improving he could be in that mix for sure.

Had a good couple of months in the midfield, but really needs to fix his kicking. It’s horrendous right now, as displayed on Sunday. If he can improve that, will be a top 10 player for us

In regards to Dunkley, and at the risk of sounding a tad homoerotic, I really like his big, strong, thick body. I think he will be a real bull when he puts on a tad more muscle. Would definitely let him bang my wife while I watch.
Josh Cuckley

Had a good couple of months in the midfield, but really needs to fix his kicking. It’s horrendous right now, as displayed on Sunday. If he can improve that, will be a top 10 player for us
Not far off top 10 already. If he can fix his kicking he'll be close to top 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not far off top 10 already. If he can fix his kicking he'll be close to top 5.
I'm rapt he's come on like he has. Gave me reason to doubt him mid year but he has answered in the best way possible after swapping with Wallis and getting more midfield time. Looks every inch the big bullocking midfielder I thought we might have to draft. I feel confident I can cross that one off the list now.

Since Round 15, Dunkley's averaged 29 disposals and 7 tackles a game. Beveridge needed to stop dicking around with him in the forward line and give him a proper go in the middle. That's exactly what he did, and he was one of our best, most consistent players in the latter half of the year.

Watch this space, he's set for a big year next year.

Since Round 15, Dunkley's averaged 29 disposals and 7 tackles a game. Beveridge needed to stop dicking around with him in the forward line and give him a proper go in the middle. That's exactly what he did, and he was one of our best, most consistent players in the latter half of the year.

Watch this space, he's set for a big year next year.
Or he was learning while playing in those positions and it was the cause for his excellent end of year form.

Kudos Bevo, kudos.

Glass half full type? His confidence was shot after the game against Adelaide.
lol the whole teams confidence was shot after that disgusting game, s**t, even optimistic dogs confidence was shot, and he's like... an optimistic dog man.

lol the whole teams confidence was shot after that disgusting game, s**t, even optimistic dogs confidence was shot, and he's like... an optimistic dog man.
I seem to remember Dunkley receiving the bulk of the criticism. I just don't think he's a natural forward, or that he was gaining much being stationed there. As soon as he moved to the midfield, his performances improved drastically.

We need more craftiness up forward. A solid citizen like Dunks can't be a crafty maestro.

I seem to remember Dunkley receiving the bulk of the criticism. I just don't think he's a natural forward, or that he was gaining much being stationed there. As soon as he moved to the midfield, his performances improved drastically.

We need more craftiness up forward. A solid citizen like Dunks can't be a crafty maestro.
Criticism from where? Bigfooty? Irrelevant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back