Player Watch Pick #18 (2016) - Sam Powell-Pepper

Kiss from a Rozee

Goddess
Bring Back the Bars
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Kiss from a Rozee just got schooled mother f***er
Except I wasn’t even questioning his ability to run with the ball and kick it, just his ability to play as a forward/wing.

I’m surprised by his score involvements though.

I just don’t see why people who complain literally endlessly about players being played out of position want SPP played out of position.

He’ll be back!
He’s a young player with plenty of exposure, lists and careers need to be managed through. As one of the younger mids he has a long future with us.

SPP is the unfortunate victim of Wines having co-captain immunity. If i had to choose between the 2, I'd drop Wines.
And the ex captain...though Boak is better.

He is a draftee in a position we have a captain, ex captain and high profile free agent.

Oh and the GOAT rotating through.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
SPP is the unfortunate victim of Wines having co-captain immunity. If i had to choose between the 2, I'd drop Wines.

But if we're going by most recent their most recent game, Wines is better.

Honestly some of the criticism levelled at Wines AND SPP on this board is over the top at times.

AFC AFeederClub

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
from what ive seen SPP should be playing, id certainly have him over butters even if his role is different, Butters is hardly setting the world on fire at the moment

AFC AFeederClub

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
And the ex captain...though Boak is better.

He is a draftee in a position we have a captain, ex captain and high profile free agent.

Oh and the GOAT rotating through.
SPP's run and spread has been pretty good this year, i dont think he is a 1 dementional player, you could certainly play him on the half forward with a negating role on their running half back and he'd most probably end up with 3 or 4 shots on goal himself

SPP's run and spread has been pretty good this year, i dont think he is a 1 dementional player, you could certainly play him on the half forward with a negating role on their running half back and he'd most probably end up with 3 or 4 shots on goal himself
I want him in, I reckon I’m one of his biggest fans here.

Just outlining some reasons, it isn’t his game as much as the queue ahead.

porttoport

All Australian
Feb 27, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Tell your son that he needs to learn to play outside of the centre square to be selected when we already have Boak, Gray, Rockliff and Wines who are higher priority for that role.

Wines has years ahead others months

An remember Boak was busted as inside mid 2 years ago by KH his career looked to be closing . Returned after unsuccessful stint half toward to inside mid this year and superb

Does bring KH judgement into question

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

porttoport

All Australian
Feb 27, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He’ll be back!
He’s a young player with plenty of exposure, lists and careers need to be managed through. As one of the younger mids he has a long future with us.

He has one year left on contract so this ideal time for Port to move on or alternately SPP hold ground become free agent next year .

He has one year left on contract so this ideal time for Port to move on or alternately SPP hold ground become free agent next year .

That’s not how it works.

ClickBOOM1870

All Australian
Jul 27, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I haven’t researched this so it might be a completely outrageous comment but I feel like SPP has been shoved into that high half forward role Boak played last year. Boaks career barely survived that role and his disposal was s**t poor while he played it.

Cant believe there are people on here calling to move SPP on. The kid is only 21 years old and in his third season for * sake.

He’s got plenty of development left ahead of him and is on track to be a an absolute beast in the midfield in the future.

AwwThatsApples

Cancelled
Mar 24, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
HFL

This will be good for our midfield, and prevent us from cramming in more beefy inside players into the center square, but the fact that the club wants to move him up the ground could be a sign that our small forwards are still weak. Still might work though.

This will be good for our midfield, and prevent us from cramming in more beefy inside players into the center square, but the fact that the club wants to move him up the ground could be a sign that our small forwards are still weak. Still might work though.

Or it’s a blatant signal that once again, we’ve been unable to develop a player we expressly traded into a draft to get.

He’s now outright favourite to become this year’s scapegoat for the Hinkley regime’s failings.

Hinkley would of got this idea when he narrowly lost on a trifecta to a dog named Sammy Up Forward.

Or it’s a blatant signal that once again, we’ve been unable to develop a player we expressly traded into a draft to get.

He’s now outright favourite to become this year’s scapegoat for the Hinkley regime’s failings.

IDK, the smart money should be going on a fast firming new favourite. ;)

Powell-Pepper has to spend more time forward because Wines demonstrated a completely inability to play forward last year.

My personal theory is that Wines will spend most of his time in the middle and everyone else will slot around him.

Back