Autopsy Port v Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

SPP is the worst coached player in the AFL. He’s a ball getter and we fu** around with him out of position and needlessly complicate the game. It was bench/half forward today, we’ve seen him on a wing, tagging, playing random defense roles at stoppages.

He’s been thrown around almost as much as Howard this year.

Yeah, but we have underperforming senior players in his preferred role that we have to protect. We couldn't run the risk of him outperforming Wines or Rockliff, could we?!

- Where is the on field leadership when we are a couple goals down? Slow the game down for goodness sake.
To be fair, we couldn't even get hold of the ball. I don't think we had a possession in the first 7 minutes that wasn't from a free, or under immense pressure in the contest that just ended up turned over.

- Why was Sutcliffe selected? Thats as bad as the A Johnson in the first showdown.
His resume keeps growing.

Typical SPP shots for goals early in the last quarter. In front, 40 metres out and looking straight at the goals, yes he had people around him, first shot missed to right, second shot missed to the left. Perhaps the next shot straight through the middle. I doubt it! A SPP specialty!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So how would we have gone if our head coach wasn't at the top of his game?
Hinkley is so far on top of his game that, if he was the state employment minister, his strategy to fix unemployment would be to increase the minimum school leaving age to 47.

The absurd thing is that Damien Hardwick would be crapping his pants tonight, as he contemplates the thought of good Port showing up at the MCG next Saturday.
I feel like tonight was the breaking of the dam, we've struggled along WLWLWLWL, now we've had the worst loss, I can see multiple coming in a row.

3 minutes in I wrote in a facebook group game over. 3 minutes. When they got successive easy centre clearances to start the game I knew we were done. You could tell so easily. That first quarter was the most insipid I can remember, including the 10 goals to 1 against the Dogs in 2011. We allowed a young Brisbane team to come to our home ground and bully us. And bully us they did. Copping it from guys like Witherden and Lester. Shouldn't happen.

Remember back when we had the stigma of No Pearce, No Port, and how that wasn't really a thing but it kind of became a thing when we kept losing everytime Pearce got shut down. Well this WLWLWLWL crap is now definitely a thing. Just insipid. Not in it from the first bounce. Might as well have gone home. One of my friends literally left at 1/4 time.

It's clear we can't play in the wet, but our gameplan is just crap. The players choke and do the same things over and over again. I'd like to say we 'blindly' kick it forward, but we don't. We knowingly kick to horribly out numbered contests like we expect a flat footed Ebert to take a contested mark 15 out from goal against 3 opponents 15 times a game. Dixon was crap, but i'm not sure its his fault to be honest. Yeah he doesn't lead, but whats the point of leading if he's just going to have to double back and cope with 3 blokes banging into him from behind. Its no wonder he never takes any marks. Its garbage. And that's the kicks when they are looking. How many blind kicks to noone were there tonight? Just kick it so its not my problem anymore. The amount of pointless handballs to players under pressure is mind numbingly painful to watch.

Hartlett played the worst game of his career tonight. He was utter crap. Rockliff was awful. Should be dropped on that performance. At least look before you dispose of it. SPP, jeez. At least have some idea of where you want to kick it. Ebert did nothing. Dixon did nothing. Jonas was terrible.

Westhoff, on what planet this guy resides I have no clue. You know its going to be a long night when this muppet gifts the opposition 2 goals with his first 2 touches, then drops a sitter inside 50 himself. Amon!! After all the good work he's done this year, that first quarter was one of the worst individual quarters of football i've seen in years. Was ok after half time, but the game was over. Rozee was disappointing at times.

Robbie was good. Sam was servicable. Bonner was decent enough. I surprisingly didn't mind Motlops game. I thought Clurey did some good things. That's about it.

I've said before this year. All you want from your football team is effort. You want to go to the football knowing that the effort is a non-negotiable. Whether you win or lose, that will take care of itself, but so long as there is effort, you know they are going 100%, then you can get behind it. Whats that now, 5 times this year we've been cooked barely after the ball has been bounced?

Not acceptable.

I feel like tonight was the breaking of the dam, we've struggled along WLWLWLWL, now we've had the worst loss, I can see multiple coming in a row.

Except that we have the worst loss every second week. Although I think today's wasn't as bad as the Dogs, or Freo, or Hawthorn, or ... ahh stuff it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back