Prediction Brisbane....they are a genuine chance of winning the flag

footyfan000001

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
They are a mix between our 2015 and 2016 seasons imo. 2015 nobody thought much of us, we played fast exciting footy and won some big games. I’d be excited if I were a lions fan and I couldn’t be happier for them and the way they are going. Hats off to Fagan.

Eternal Schism

Senior List
Feb 17, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Souths
If it happens then only Clarkson and his former assistants are allowed to win the flag by the footy gods it seems. Can we please have one of them?

Man if Hodge plays in his 5th flag, what a move for him personally.

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 25, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think the lack of finals experience will be a problem. Hopefully the steps in the right direction this season yield a flag in the next couple of years. Geelong is the last club to win a flag without playing finals the year before but they played finals in 2004 and 2005 en route to the 2007 premiership. Brisbane's last finals match was in 2009.

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Why can’t they win it, playing great footy and no real injuries either.

People who have the attitude that they aren’t ready and it will happen in the next couple of years, need only to look at Melbourne. (Not that Melbourne are stuffed for all eternity but this year shows you take nothing for granted)

Take your chances when you get them.

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
If it happens then only Clarkson and his former assistants are allowed to win the flag by the footy gods it seems. Can we please have one of them?

Man if Hodge plays in his 5th flag, what a move for him personally.

Sammy Mitchell was a year away winning one at the Eags, and the Dees with Jordan Lewis were a game away...but one game and a vast gulf lol.

Paganism mark II

Etihad Stadium, Locker room end
May 15, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think the lack of finals experience will be a problem. Hopefully the steps in the right direction this season yield a flag in the next couple of years. Geelong is the last club to win a flag without playing finals the year before but they played finals in 2004 and 2005 en route to the 2007 premiership. Brisbane's last finals match was in 2009.
Richmond didn’t play finals in 2016 before winning it in 2017

Occidental

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
You don’t need experience, you need a top 4 finish and a healthy, confident list.
Whoever does this at Round 22 has an absolute shot at the Premiership.
And yes, this could very well be Brisbane.
Experience gets you through those stages of finals when your opponent gets on top of you. It’s that calm determined resilience to hold fast and weather the storm. Experience can provide that, but so can good leadership and good coaching.

Last edited:

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah idk how big a factor lack of finals experience is. I think it'll factor, but we haven't seen the Lions play in too many close high stakes games.

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Never in my wildest dreams would I ever think BigFooty would have a “brisbane Lions to win grand final” forums hahha

No matter where we finish or what happens. Bloody proud of this club from where we were and everything. Just absolutely wrapped

You still have that threepeat. Which is more than the Saints or Bulldogs have won in their entire history lol.

WCEbrody

Premiership Player
May 17, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea,Chicago Bulls
Genuinely wouldn't be surprised if anyone in the top 6 won the premiership this year. GWS getting injuries at the wrong time though, feel like we're never gonna see the core of that team fully fit for a finals series.

Lions wouldn't be my first choice but all the top teams look very beatable this season.

Simbatheking21

All Australian
Sep 11, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
You still have that threepeat. Which is more than the Saints or Bulldogs have won in their entire history lol.
I understand that but I meant in the last few years of being rock bottom. Home sickness. Club legends fired. Priority pick talk. Etc etc

I had them winning 7 games this season.

Just proud that’s all

Back