Current Claremont Murders - The Bunker

Is Bradley Edwards the Mystery Man in the CCTV?

• Yes

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the Police would be searching for people who use to attend drag meets at all. It just doesn't make sense.
So they speak to someone who thinks they may have seen him but can't be sure of when or where. With the publicity and publishing of his picture and other information (vehicle and work details) anyone who had something worth while to say to Police, would have done so.

I would say that someone is possibly telling a fib to insert themselves in to the story. Just my opinion.

I don't think the Police would be searching for people who use to attend drag meets at all. It just doesn't make sense.

There's been quite a lot the police did over a twenty plus year investigation that didn't make any sense at all. ;)

Considering a forum members previous comments and the fact Ciaras mother was a teacher at Iona, it wil be interesting to see if the prosecution is asking the right people the right questions and of the 580 witnesses whether those people are present.

If the accused has not heard in discussion of the Iona families, more so the possiblity work done at the school under multipe positions at Telstra, I will be very surprised. Either that, or previous forum member content is further misinformation.

The connections of the accused with staff at Iona is too coincidental. Not implying involvement, but maybe passing comment influenced victims targeted.

If those persons are not questioned by the prosecution, I dare say they will be notified.

Melsy. I hate to comment but you do comment all over the show. Murders in Midland. Comments everywhere. BRE was an outcast, and isolated from chicky babes in Claremont. Until he could snatch two. But his DNA is matched to a third at Karrakatta Cemetery.

Hey BRE. If you can get a glimpse of this comment. SS will be found (IMO) before you are found guilty. Veils can hide your face from the sun. Until your next incarnation. Imagine BRE you being born, experiencing being a todder, teens, A young lady. Then being abducted & murdered three times. Not once but three times. Bradley seeing what you did to these ladies being done to you even in three lifetimes. Ouch that must hurt maaaate. Welcome to the joys of Karmic debt.. Bradley.

Does anyone have descriptions of POIs not listed here, details of other attacks nearby or other attacks with the same descriptions or attributes?

1996 (August) Article "Fear of serial killer after body found in bush". Claims of 6 attacks on women in Claremont in 4 years. So 1992 to 1996 & perhaps these:
  1. Subway (January 1994) Article "Woman knees attacker". Gugeri/Stirling red light, dragged from car. Escaped.
    • 1.8m, slim stringy build, blonde hair cropped in a skin head cut on top & long at the back. Faded jeans, long sleeve blue fleecy top, black running shoes, around 25yr
  2. Broken ankle/2 man Taxi (October 1994) CBV to Princess Road. Man couched in back grabbed her. Escaped
  3. Rape (before 1995) possibly Coles Loading Dock. Woman taunted by phone afterwards.Called police again after BRE arrest.
  4. KK. (February 1995) • 183cm tall (6'1") medium to solid build, dark collar length hair driving a light coloured panel van. Released naked.
  5. Golf Course/Taxi (1995) picked up from Claremont stripped of clothes. Escaped.
  6. Church Lane Attack (March 1996Article "Hunt after sex attack outside club". Bashed head, tore skirt, discovered shirt on backwards later. Fought & escaped. Article "Hunt after sex attack outside club".
    •Long sleeved denim shirt, dark jeans, 25yrs old, medium stocky build, Caucasian with dark features and dark hair.
    Article "Police look again at attack in March". • 178cm tall, olive skin, thick dark wavy collar length hair. Blue collared shirt with jeans.

Or the 2 girls who were raped adjacent to the Swanbourne Train Station in 1992 whilst walking home from CBV.

Unreported Claremont attacks at that time:
1989 (Reported November 14, 2015) Article "Kidnapped Teen in Claremont Attack".
Drunk teen removed from car parked opposite Cottesloe Hotel late 1989, transported to another car & driven to old Swanbourne Drive In, attempted rape. Escaped, recaptured on Alfred Rd, escaped.
•Reported to Police after reading SCS were investigating other potentially connected incidents in October 2015 Post article.
• station wagon or hatchback, more stocky than tall, whiskers, assumed at least 30yrs.

1994 (Reported December 22, 2015) Article "Teen lured into Claremont Car". Women in large car park likely Coles, approached to assist man finding keys in backseat of Commodore. Brother arrived and asked what the hell are you doing and they left.
• Reported to police with description of person after reading 2 new clues to serial killer article 05Dec15.
• Post declined to publish description

1995 December (Reported August 6 2016) Article The West Australian. Police requesting prostitute who had approached them previously about an incident in Claremont to contact them again.

Attacks elsewhere with similar attributes:
1988 (May 28) Article "Woman tells of nightmare on Hill St". Dorothy dragged from car on Hill St at 1am after leaving Sheraton and beaten for 3 hrs then wrapped like a mummy in packing tape. Taken in small yellow car, possibly a Toyota, with metal bucket seat to Wilson and dumped, covered in plastic sheeting.

(April 23) Article "Clubber: I was raped"
girl picked up by 2 guys from Hay St Subiaco around 2am and raped down a track off Underwood Ave Floreat near CSIRO after telling her they'd take her to Northbridge.
Red Holden Commodore
• 175-183cm, Olive complexion, 23-25yrs

Other descriptions relating to Claremont:

Guys seen on security videos.

1997 (March 22) From article "Theories could hinder the hunt" West Australian.
• Long haired young man speaking to unidentified girl on video shot inside hotel just prior to CG disappearance.

•Blonde guy with bobbed hair about 24 y/o in Claremont saying his dad was a cop & offering lifts to women. Looked similar to the blonde guy seen on video footage speaking to JR according to Camille Maclean.

Guy in taxi with SS
1997 (March 21) Steve Ross Ford taxi quoted on ABC Radio.
• well dressed, tall, good looking, blonde man.
From letter to Post "Police have proof I did not abduct Sarah Spiers".
• white shirt, black trousers, knew how to talk to women.

Guy in apartment block in South Perth
2005 (October 2) Article "I saw Sarah too: witness backs taxi driver" The Post
Reported by Mr Boudville. Saw man with SS the morning she disappeared.
• tall, well dressed, skinny with sharp features, black hair, with small curls at the back.

Fake taxi drivers
1996 (January 14) SAS guy given lift $15 from Swanbourne Hotel to Campbell Barracks (waited for him to shower & change) then onto Hippie Club. Says the white Ford had no computer or meter but had official exterior identification.

Swanbourne TAB worker Steve Harris corroborated that it was a 1980's model white Ford Falcon with all exterior decals & roof lighting. Claims it was parked at the hotel with the driver in the car from 6.30-9pm.

1996 (April 27) Another fake taxi. A couple left CBV, charged $5 to go to Swanbourne. Claim it was a white commodore without computer or meter and only when getting out did they notice it wasnt a taxi.
• Description of the driver - In his 30's, medium build, short brown hair with a European accent.
good work spy think you might be onto something there all those sicko rapists operating in the same area around the time of the csk murders some operating as duos and trios good of you to raise it again after 20 years makes you wonder if they were operating together and what common links then and now they have blonde hair guy taxi driver and old mate in back in swan taxi attempted abduction rape by two men in red commodore three men at swanbourne bash women after trying to abduct her tall skinny well dressed dark hair and curls seen with ss what has happened to mystery man from conti identikids and the like sas guy in fake taxis swna taxis sound slike a real wolf pack of campaigners karma plot thickens

good work spy think you might be onto something there all those sicko rapists operating in the same area around the time of the csk murders some operating as duos and trios good of you to raise it again after 20 years makes you wonder if they were operating together and what common links then and now they have blonde hair guy taxi driver and old mate in back in swan taxi attempted abduction rape by two men in red commodore three men at swanbourne bash women after trying to abduct her tall skinny well dressed dark hair and curls seen with ss what has happened to mystery man from conti identikids and the like sas guy in fake taxis swna taxis sound slike a real wolf pack of campaigners karma plot thickens
It does make one wonder if there were a group that grew or diminished to do some things together and individuals that struck out on their own. Whether all the attacks were known to every individual of the group is a big question, but if there was such loose association, then 20 or 30 odd years of passing before an arrest, which doesn't appear to be from information passed onto Macro, would suggest that anyone else in the group either had no idea, or that the group decided to self abandon at the time of the CSK in fear of being accused, maybe without realising the decision to lay low & go mum was being pressed by the actual perpetrator?
If the accused was part of this group, was he the leader of just a patsy of it? I wonder if someone else in the group knew of his past alleged offences? That knowledge would give a perpetrator considerable advantage to deflect an investigation into a patsy. The reports of the accused masturbating into sandwich bags, throws opens a possible patsy theory, because if a perpetrator got hold of such a sandwich bag before the CSKs, it opens an avenue for spiking the crime scenes at the time of offence, or even much later if the same perpetrator ever got access to the collected exhibits, prior to the retesting which was reported to of occurred some 10 odd years later.

What caused me to speculate upon this theory has been posted beforehand. The names have been given to Police. Some here know those names.

There's one chap which is a friend of the accused since childhood association at Claremont Speedway with the accused who could fit the description of skinny with blonde hair, although he hardly has hair now. Compare him with the CCTV imagine at the Conti. And someone who once worked at Kewdale Telstra depot as a technician who after taking a redundancy once had a job looking after exhibits, has an interesting online presence upon sex dating sites.

None of this proves the theory. It just makes the theory possible.

Whether the alleged attacks involving more than one person prior to the CSKs are related in any way shape or form to the CSKs must be proved first IMO before the theory can be advanced.

At present there is no evidence of anyone who knew the accused being alleged to of being involved in any crime, or cover up.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If the accused was part of this group, was he the leader of just a patsy of it? I wonder if someone else in the group knew of his past alleged offences? That knowledge would give a perpetrator considerable advantage to deflect an investigation into a patsy. The reports of the accused masturbating into sandwich bags, throws opens a possible patsy theory, because if a perpetrator got hold of such a sandwich bag before the CSKs, it opens an avenue for spiking the crime scenes at the time of offence, or even much later if the same perpetrator ever got access to the collected exhibits, prior to the retesting which was reported to of occurred some 10 odd years later.

The sandwich bags thingy might have been a fairly recent behaviour witnessed by one we'd have to assume after the murders. Why he was doing it and what he did with the bags is mildly curious. Even if he threw them straight into the bin would anybody going through that bin know what it was they were looking at? The odds of an evidence plant seem extremely unlikely. That the prosecution raised this sensitive sandwich bag evidence makes it even further unlikely imo.

To being part of a group, maybe he had company at some point in more minor incidents that didn't end in rape and murder but to these charges, it doesn't appear with living witnesses both victims and those who narrowly escaped, that he did. It seems he acted alone.

The sandwich bags thingy might have been a fairly recent behaviour witnessed by one we'd have to assume after the murders. Why he was doing it and what he did with the bags is mildly curious. Even if he threw them straight into the bin would anybody going through that bin know what it was they were looking at? The odds of an evidence plant seem extremely unlikely. That the prosecution raised this sensitive sandwich bag evidence makes it even further unlikely imo.
I'm counting upon that being the case Shelly, because you know what it means if it isn't.

Extract»
One former WA police officer has spoken out about these crimes, and has questioned Taskforce Macro’s secrecy and obsessive focus on singular suspects. Con Bayens served as a police officer for 26 years, and headed the prostitution unit. In 2000, he was part of an organised sweep, Operation Bounty, through Northbridge in Perth, which focused on sex workers and their clients. He has stated that he did not believe that Lisa Brown was killed by her pimp – a story proposed by WA police – because, he has said, sex workers on the street do not have pimps, but are highly disorganised and have terrible drug habits. They work for cash, and move around spontaneously.

Con Bayens has a disquieting story that during Operation Bounty he investigated a suspect who had called a sex worker to his car. Bayens described the suspect as having an air of authority, and good communication skills. As outlined in Debi Marshall’s book Devil’s Garden, the boot of his car was found to be lined with plastic, and to have “an arsenal of abduction weapons, zip ties, … scissors”. The suspect had: “completed a taxi driving course and done one shift. He was so hot as a possible Claremont suspect …”

In 2015, Con Bayens said that: “What I saw that night has haunted me for a lot of years.”

He states that he reported this to Taskforce Macro, and they told him not to worry about it, because: “We’ve got our man”. As Bayens concluded: “But as time was to tell, they had sweet * all”.

Extract»
One former WA police officer has spoken out about these crimes, and has questioned Taskforce Macro’s secrecy and obsessive focus on singular suspects. Con Bayens served as a police officer for 26 years, and headed the prostitution unit. In 2000, he was part of an organised sweep, Operation Bounty, through Northbridge in Perth, which focused on sex workers and their clients. He has stated that he did not believe that Lisa Brown was killed by her pimp – a story proposed by WA police – because, he has said, sex workers on the street do not have pimps, but are highly disorganised and have terrible drug habits. They work for cash, and move around spontaneously.

Con Bayens has a disquieting story that during Operation Bounty he investigated a suspect who had called a sex worker to his car. Bayens described the suspect as having an air of authority, and good communication skills. As outlined in Debi Marshall’s book Devil’s Garden, the boot of his car was found to be lined with plastic, and to have “an arsenal of abduction weapons, zip ties, … scissors”. The suspect had: “completed a taxi driving course and done one shift. He was so hot as a possible Claremont suspect …”

In 2015, Con Bayens said that: “What I saw that night has haunted me for a lot of years.”

He states that he reported this to Taskforce Macro, and they told him not to worry about it, because: “We’ve got our man”. As Bayens concluded: “But as time was to tell, they had sweet fu** all”.

Carmel is still waiting for taxi evidence, I wonder if that's it. That BRE did a taxi driving course.

Wouldnt Con have the drivers name in his notebook?

You'd think he would and if he has BREs name in it, would push the CSK investigation into a Royal Commission imo. If it wasn't already headed there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carmel is still waiting for taxi evidence, I wonder if that's it. That BRE did a taxi driving course.

BRE had a job with telstra pretty much from finishing school till arrest. why would he need to do taxi driving? After the HH incident, was he suspended from Telstra pending the investigation and court case and such, resulting in him instigating work elsewhere?

Con Bayens surely noted the drivers name in his notebook, and if so has anything been done about it since? was this person investigated at a later time? did macro investigate him once LW collapsed as a suspect? was he possibly investigated/locked up for other crimes? Given that the name of this driver has never been released makes me think he was either investigated and cleared, or he has never been looked at since. If Con's claims are true and this person has been cleared of the claremont attacks, have they been looked at for any other crimes such as Sarah Mcmahon, Lisa Brown and the like? Although surely if he was investigated and cleared, then Macro would of come public with a statement to say he has been looked at, and cleared due to reason X?

BRE had a job with telstra pretty much from finishing school till arrest. why would he need to do taxi driving? After the HH incident, was he suspended from Telstra pending the investigation and court case and such, resulting in him instigating work elsewhere?

Some of them took second jobs. I had a neighbour who was a Telstra Tech and he picked up night work working door security. Prostitutes don't seem to be BREs preferred target but there's some truth in it that when women on the fringes go missing sometimes it isn't even reported.

Although surely if he was investigated and cleared, then Macro would of come public with a statement to say he has been looked at, and cleared due to reason X?

You'd reckon. Con Bayens hasn't said anything since the arrest far as I'm aware, I wonder if like Ferguson he's been dropping into the pretrial hearings.

Some of them took second jobs. I had a neighbour who was a Telstra Tech and he picked up night work working door security. Prostitutes don't seem to be BREs preferred target but there's some truth in it that when women on the fringes go missing sometimes it isn't even reported.

You'd reckon. Con Bayens hasn't said anything since the arrest far as I'm aware, I wonder if like Ferguson he's been dropping into the pretrial hearings.

Can we assume that the driver Bayens saw wasnt BRE then? if it was then surely something would of been mentioned about it by now, or he would of been called at the propensity hearings to testify that BRE was driving about with a suspicious setup. So if it wasnt BRE, nothing has been released to say this person was investigated and cleared, who was it and are they still out and about in society? Would make for an interesting conversation between the defence and Bayens.

Can we assume that the driver Bayens saw wasnt BRE then? if it was then surely something would of been mentioned about it by now, or he would of been called at the propensity hearings to testify that BRE was driving about with a suspicious setup. So if it wasnt BRE, nothing has been released to say this person was investigated and cleared, who was it and are they still out and about in society? Would make for an interesting conversation between the defence and Bayens.
Maybe the person that CB picked up was an electrician, and didn't want to dirty his boot with his tool box and work gear. .....
Maybe It's not BRE. .....
There's probably lots of tradies being pulled over all the time with stuff in the boot, that could serve dual purposes. .....
Macro probably had a few to sort through over the years, at a guess.

If it was an ex police car, it would have been bought at government auctions much like Telstra vehicles in the day.

I remember Bayens saying he had pulled over an IT worker for police.

"He stopped a man he believed to be loitering in an unmarked police car.

"The boot was lined in blue plastic. There was wire ties, a pair of pliers, some masking tape," Bayens said."

31st May 2015. It seems WA Police and Bayens are in disagreement.

dcf4edadc8c4a9e875add1660f6ad21e

Response from Con Bayens:
800cdeca44431a8059830b3e26bc8a60

Second Police Statement from WA Media Head, Neil Stanbury:
a980d85c3aabada63084412608698493

Response from Con Bayens:
988367192fc9e19c2a70d60420f64960

I thought he was off duty when he searched a car boot & found that stuff, called it in & never heard anything about it again. This was between two of the murders & not after, so most certainly not in the 2000s

The boot lined guy was dismissed by LE. EVERYONE was eliminated by DNA later in the game. So that all poi's. Main Roads guy, wannabees, Taxi guys, ex ppl in councils were eliminated. So they had no one left. Absolutely no one. So the Cops returned to the Karrakatta R... They did not forget about ppl sighting Telstra vehicles in Karrakatta Cemetery at late hours. The cops had to work on angles like that. But at the end of the day, what about the guys trying to take chicks off the streets who are still out there. The girl who jumped out of a taxi, the girl at the golf club lane, etc etc. Those dudes are still out there.

And where might BRE's trophy box be? And I mean nothing to do with Little Athletics trophies either. The BTK killer was involved in community groups. So was BRE.One top bloke. Actually both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back