Universal Love Welcome to Hawthorn: Jarman Impey extends to 2026!

His improvement in the last 2 years has been amazing.

Has a great balance between attack and defence. There aren't many rebounding defenders in the league who are also defensively strong. Think of blokes like Saad, McKenna, Lloyd, Laird, etc has real attacking, rebounding weapons, but they all get shown up in 1-on-1 defensive duals. Jars is so strong defensively, but when he has ball in hands, he really can cut up a team.

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Has a great balance between attack and defence. There aren't many rebounding defenders in the league who are also defensively strong. Think of blokes like Saad, McKenna, Lloyd, Laird, etc has real attacking, rebounding weapons, but they all get shown up in 1-on-1 defensive duals. Jars is so strong defensively, but when he has ball in hands, he really can cut up a team.
Yeah. Versatile player. When he came over it was pitched as a weakness - doesn’t know his position - Clarko wants to marry such players

Disagree with the Saad criticism there, he's always been good defensively and is someone that Breust really struggles against. Laird also.

Still definitely love having Jars more than any listed though, much more versatile and has guts for days the way he drops into the hole.

Aug 15, 2009
The Riverina
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I remember in the preseason Axeman and HH, among other track-watchers were talking about how good Jars looked.

They could not have been more spot on with those predictions. Has taken his game to a whole new level.

Congrats to those guys on picking this up so early!
Well, because I’m such a modest and humble guy I would never brag about being right on the money with my preseason observations and predictions regarding Jars, so I won’t. But I was right on the money.

Jars has become one of my favourite players and I reckon he is the personification of a Clarko prototype player. Hoping for the best re his knee.

Gotta love a bloke who many said we paid overs for with a second round pick who becomes an integral member of our best 22 and is quite possibly leading and at least in the top 3 in our B&F as it stands right now. Easily my favourite player at present.

Bloody love Jars and will be devastated if this is an ACL. I saw a couple of folk who profess to be sports injury experts on Twitter say it could well be bone bruising so let’s hope they’re right.

Apr 17, 2006
???
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins(NFL)
Gotta love a bloke who many said we paid overs for with a second round pick who becomes an integral member of our best 22 and is quite possibly leading and at least in the top 3 in our B&F as it stands right now. Easily my favourite player at present.

Bloody love Jars and will be devastated if this is an ACL. I saw a couple of folk who profess to be sports injury experts on Twitter say it could well be bone bruising so let’s hope they’re right.
I think it will be medial.
ACLs generally have a push up after impact, a sort of secondary jump.
He lands, and then his femur goes down into his tib and fib, before his ankle rolls.

I think it will be medial.
ACLs generally have a push up after impact, a sort of secondary jump.
He lands, and then his femur goes down into his tib and fib, before his ankle rolls.

The fact that he couldn’t walk off actually had me relieved. I’ve watched too many players walk off assisted or unassisted and you think they’ll be fine and then it’s always an ACL. The fact that he couldn’t put pressure on it filled me with a bit of hope.

Hawkie_McHawkHawk

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The fact that he couldn’t walk off actually had me relieved. I’ve watched too many players walk off assisted or unassisted and you think they’ll be fine and then it’s always an ACL. The fact that he couldn’t put pressure on it filled me with a bit of hope.
Agree with what you’re saying, there’s also a good chance he might have hurt more than just the ACL though causing him to feel discomfort.

That just worries me that there is more than one ligament damaged.

His knee moved in ways it should not

That just worries me that there is more than one ligament damaged.

His knee moved in ways it should not

Well being that you have an educated opinion on this and I don’t - * it.

Well being that you have an educated opinion on this and I don’t - fu** it.
Clarko indicated that there was most likely medial damage and that they weren't sure on ACL.

When you get that out of him I tend to think MCL and ACL, just a question of strain vs partial vs full tear.

Of course I could be being overly pessimistic in which case I will be quite happy when we get the good news, but I'm not expecting him back this year given even if it's just a bad hyper extension you'd expect between the strains and bruising that he'd miss 2-3 months

Clarko indicated that there was most likely medial damage and that they weren't sure on ACL.

When you get that out of him I tend to think MCL and ACL, just a question of strain vs partial vs full tear.

Of course I could be being overly pessimistic in which case I will be quite happy when we get the good news, but I'm not expecting him back this year given even if it's just a bad hyper extension you'd expect between the strains and bruising that he'd miss 2-3 months

Honestly even if he’s back in time for pre-season early next year that’s a huge win for us. If he’s on ice this year I’ll be devastated as he’s a huge out for the games we have coming up - especially when we have to win pretty much all of them to make finals. I’ll be equally devastated for him as I think he had a massive shot at a PCM. But if he’s back even early rounds next year I’ll be over the moon.

JustKickIt

Premiership Player
Sep 5, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don't think the AFL should have shown this (in great detail) as part of their 'Highlights' package of the game on their website.

Back