Autopsy Port v Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah fu** him. He's gotten a bit more personal lately in his retorts to people that question his posts, people will lay off when they stop being belittled when he's continually made incorrect predictions and then used the most tenuous of mental gymnastics to justify why he still isn't wrong.
I gave up and blocked him

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He never admits he's wrong either. There's a certain arrogance to his posts...he had a royal go at me at one point (which is fine) , after a win against the Sun's was eager to tell me he was right and I was so so wrong... LoL

I still remember his prediction that the Crows would win the grand final in 2017 comfortably, then when they didn't it was because they didn't play well and that's what his prediction was based on, so therefore he wasn't wrong, and if he had known they'd be garbage he would have said differently, or some s**t like that. Janus didn't get it wrong though. The people involved in the football match, they got it wrong.

I still remember his prediction that the Crows would win the grand final in 2017 comfortably, then when they didn't it was because they didn't play well and that's what his prediction was based on, so therefore he wasn't wrong, and if he had known they'd be garbage he would have said differently, or some s**t like that. Janus didn't get it wrong though. The people involved in the football match, they got it wrong.
To be fair most of us all predicted the crows to win the flag. Thank * that did not happen.

I just love how he attempts to explain our gameplan every week as if we had one

To be fair most of us all predicted the crows to win the flag. Thank fu** that did not happen.

I didn't. They had very questionable form at the MCG all year. That's irrelevant though. Most people would just admit they got it wrong, and boy it was good to be wrong. Not explain why it went differently to expectation and how based on that it wasn't actually wrong.

Last edited:
Are you sure the security was trying to throw them out? Maybe they were just trying to stop them from leaving.
Hey now there's an idea for the Giants game - lock the gates, to stop the crowd leaving early, "Ladies and gentlemen: please return to your seats - the game will be over soon."

I loved the part where Ken had Tom Rockliff running around the mark for the handball receive. Litterally the slowest person on the list with the least depth on his kick, was being used as a kind of playmaker. I saw it once and thought "Ah, it was just an accident. Wrong player in the right spot at the wrong time". Then it happened again.....and again.....
Rockliff is the peak Kane cornes stat filling, although way less effective.

I thought Wines, DBJ and Sam Gray all played well. Robbie and Boak were good too. Bonner was okay.

That sums up the positives.

Just an extraordinary game in how we managed to end up 7 goals down so quickly, basically dominate general play after that but constantly make terrible decisions with the ball and completely fail to mount any real comeback before finally collapsing in the last quarter.

Westhoff, SPP, Ebert, Rockliff (34% DE), Lycett, Howard and Amon were all way off it after all having great performances the week before.

We ended up throwing Butters and Rozee on ball in the last quarter which was nice to watch but showed how far off it we were.

It’s time to move on from playing Westhoff, and Ebert when we can play Frampton and Marshall in their stead. I’d even be tempted to bring Hayes into Howard’s role but at the same time I think Dougal has shown a lot in that role and should be persisted with.

Rozee and Butters need to be given more time on the ball.

If Lycett is injured he shouldn’t be ******* playing. If he wasn’t he should probably still be dropped, that was a pathetic performance.

SPP has a big future but right now he needs to be told to work on taking more time with his kicking, and taking the percentage option. He always tries to do way too much, either going for the miracle shot on goal, a kick as far down the field as he can, or some ridiculous checkside that never comes off.

Amon has less of a right foot than Polec somehow. I’d honestly consider trading him over that. He is going to get really exposed when teams put time into him. He really reverted to his 2018 form IMO missing a lot of targets despite plenty of space and just having very little impact. He has runs on the board but that was disappointing.

Sutcliffe playing was just... I mean he certainly wasn’t the difference but I haven’t seen a player that out of their depth in a Port jumper before. Just crazy stuff... and he didn’t even shut Neale down at all.

Dixon copped a lot of criticism, but I just think he didn’t come back from injury as well as we’d hoped. That goal he kicked was brilliant, but otherwise he was at his concrete hands worst. I think he will improve as the year goes on, but needs more support. Howard has been great but just vanished.

Sam Gray was great, he is a pretty clever player and managed to be probably our cleanest on the night. Remarkable that he deserved to be in a better side than was around him.

Butters was much better this week without getting super involved. That goal was awesome, and his work around the ball afterwards was great. He struggled to clear the ball with some shoddy kicks off the ground, but I was much happier with that performance.

Rozee wasn’t so great, but I thought he looked much better when he was around the ball in the last quarter. Play him there as much as possible for the rest of the year IMO.

Robbie was brilliant again honestly. I felt like he didn’t have a big impact but I think that was just because everyone around him didn’t. The intercept and goal he kicked was pure Robbie Gray and I loved it.

I honestly barely even noticed Boak, and was pretty surprised he won so much of the ball. Just wasn’t his day I guess.

Wines has really stepped up again for mine. Unfortunately his team mates didn’t go with him but he was brilliant at times last week and again tonight. Certainly not a complete performance but so much better than what he showed earlier in the year.

Rockliff got a lot of the ball but just... him calling for the ball while running past only to kick it straight to a Brisbane player while getting tackled was just peak selfish football. I have no idea why he would do that other than for the stat. Terrible night with the ball, and almost droppable after that.

Byrne-Jones was my BOG for us. He was everywhere, marked almost everything he had a look at and used the ball really well on a night where our kicking was just deplorable. For some reason he is widely considered outside of our best 22, when he plays like this he is in our best 10.

Motlop I thought was fine, he helps us drive the ball forward so well, but still doesn’t get nearly enough of it.

Bonner was very good. Used the ball to an elite level really, and that goal was brilliant.

Howard was almost anonymous before playing OK down back. I hope he improves.

Ebert was terrible. I don’t really like him in the side, just represents all the worst things about our team for mine.

Clurey was pretty strong again IMO.

Jonas ranged between terrible and solid. Poor performance overall.

Burton was solid until that hamstring. Just a really consistent contributor.

I’m not sure where we go from here, but I’d really like to see us prioritise youth. Woodcock, Garner, Frampton, Marshall, Ladhams and Hayes should all get a shot while Rozee and Butters should get more time on ball. If we make finals while doing that so be it, but there is no point trying to force it from here.

SPP is the worst coached player in the AFL. He’s a ball getter and we fu** around with him out of position and needlessly complicate the game. It was bench/half forward today, we’ve seen him on a wing, tagging, playing random defense roles at stoppages.

He’s been thrown around almost as much as Howard this year.
I think it’s fine he’s being made to develop his outside game, but it should be happening in the SANFL.

To be fair most of us all predicted the crows to win the flag. Thank fu** that did not happen.

One poster who will remain nameless predicted the crows would win by 100 points.
But then again I got a feeling he is a Closet Crows supporter.

I thought Wines, DBJ and Sam Gray all played well. Robbie and Boak were good too. Bonner was okay.

That sums up the positives.

Just an extraordinary game in how we managed to end up 7 goals down so quickly, basically dominate general play after that but constantly make terrible decisions with the ball and completely fail to mount any real comeback before finally collapsing in the last quarter.

Westhoff, SPP, Ebert, Rockliff (34% DE), Lycett, Howard and Amon were all way off it after all having great performances the week before.

We ended up throwing Butters and Rozee on ball in the last quarter which was nice to watch but showed how far off it we were.

It’s time to move on from playing Westhoff, and Ebert when we can play Frampton and Marshall in their stead. I’d even be tempted to bring Hayes into Howard’s role but at the same time I think Dougal has shown a lot in that role and should be persisted with.

Rozee and Butters need to be given more time on the ball.

If Lycett is injured he shouldn’t be ******* playing. If he wasn’t he should probably still be dropped, that was a pathetic performance.

SPP has a big future but right now he needs to be told to work on taking more time with his kicking, and taking the percentage option. He always tries to do way too much, either going for the miracle shot on goal, a kick as far down the field as he can, or some ridiculous checkside that never comes off.

Amon has less of a right foot than Polec somehow. I’d honestly consider trading him over that. He is going to get really exposed when teams put time into him. He really reverted to his 2018 form IMO missing a lot of targets despite plenty of space and just having very little impact. He has runs on the board but that was disappointing.

Sutcliffe playing was just... I mean he certainly wasn’t the difference but I haven’t seen a player that out of their depth in a Port jumper before. Just crazy stuff... and he didn’t even shut Neale down at all.

Dixon copped a lot of criticism, but I just think he didn’t come back from injury as well as we’d hoped. That goal he kicked was brilliant, but otherwise he was at his concrete hands worst. I think he will improve as the year goes on, but needs more support. Howard has been great but just vanished.

Sam Gray was great, he is a pretty clever player and managed to be probably our cleanest on the night. Remarkable that he deserved to be in a better side than was around him.

Butters was much better this week without getting super involved. That goal was awesome, and his work around the ball afterwards was great. He struggled to clear the ball with some shoddy kicks off the ground, but I was much happier with that performance.

Rozee wasn’t so great, but I thought he looked much better when he was around the ball in the last quarter. Play him there as much as possible for the rest of the year IMO.

Robbie was brilliant again honestly. I felt like he didn’t have a big impact but I think that was just because everyone around him didn’t. The intercept and goal he kicked was pure Robbie Gray and I loved it.

I honestly barely even noticed Boak, and was pretty surprised he won so much of the ball. Just wasn’t his day I guess.

Wines has really stepped up again for mine. Unfortunately his team mates didn’t go with him but he was brilliant at times last week and again tonight. Certainly not a complete performance but so much better than what he showed earlier in the year.

Rockliff got a lot of the ball but just... him calling for the ball while running past only to kick it straight to a Brisbane player while getting tackled was just peak selfish football. I have no idea why he would do that other than for the stat. Terrible night with the ball, and almost droppable after that.

Byrne-Jones was my BOG for us. He was everywhere, marked almost everything he had a look at and used the ball really well on a night where our kicking was just deplorable. For some reason he is widely considered outside of our best 22, when he plays like this he is in our best 10.

Motlop I thought was fine, he helps us drive the ball forward so well, but still doesn’t get nearly enough of it.

Bonner was very good. Used the ball to an elite level really, and that goal was brilliant.

Howard was almost anonymous before playing OK down back. I hope he improves.

Ebert was terrible. I don’t really like him in the side, just represents all the worst things about our team for mine.

Clurey was pretty strong again IMO.

Jonas ranged between terrible and solid. Poor performance overall.

Burton was solid until that hamstring. Just a really consistent contributor.

I’m not sure where we go from here, but I’d really like to see us prioritise youth. Woodcock, Garner, Frampton, Marshall, Ladhams and Hayes should all get a shot while Rozee and Butters should get more time on ball. If we make finals while doing that so be it, but there is no point trying to force it from here.

Thanks for the detail and the constitution to sit through the whole game, it is much appreciated - I switched off at HT. I liked DBJ again, he's been pretty good over the last month, even in the s***show games. Everyone else can donate their match payments to charity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Amanda tweeted yet? I'm just interested to see what someone who's in a position to do something about this cluster**** we find ourselves in is going to do about it.
She’s going to do about as much as did when her Lib mates gave $20million to the Cows and SFA to Port. ******* nothing.

Well that was ******* putrid. DBJ can hold his head up . First year players are excused for the occasional poor one. The rest can get ******! Working your way into a game after it is shot is not good enough.
The coach is Elmer ******* Fudd. The senior players have let us down again. And Brisbane are a dinkum footy team. Tough, skilled, and most importantly the right ******* attitude to be a contender. We are just a middle of the table team who are poorly skilled and mentally weak when the blowtorch is applied.
I'd be drawing a line through a number of the senior players now. Enjoy your retirement. Congrats to the fans who sat through that disgusting effort.

wXz5dv3.png

1 year ago today we were gunning for a top 4 spot and lost to Freo.
Right on cue Port. Best part is, we know what will happen next.

I sure hope the club has calculated the cost of keeping Ken vs letting him go. I can't imagine an ever growing, disengaged supporter group that is losing faith in their coach or team is cheap.

And I think the Burton injury was the result of either a dropped mark or another stupid turnover. I can't remember which and don't wanna go back and check. I'm gonna be fangry till Thursday at least.

Well I guess I wasted 3 hours of my life on that rubbish.

It's a disgrace that we've had so many games this year that have been over well before quarter time. Hell, even at the 2007 Grand Final I didn't think the game was gone until about 10 minutes into the second quarter.

Who to blame this time? Of course there are the usual suspects that many here have already mentioned. I'd like to add a couple of new ones - Amanda Vanstone and the mid-season draft.

Vanstone, as a former minister in Howard's government (that's John, not Dougal) gets the blame for encouraging the club to be "relaxed and comfortable" after a big win over the Crows, who are in reality just about the worst team we'll play in the last 8 weeks of the season.

The mid-season draft gets the blame for giving us Cam Sutcliffe, who must be the worst Sutcliffe since the Yorkshire Ripper.

My dilemma now is what do next week? Should I go to the game or not?

The case for:
It's Port's turn to have a good week.
It's at the MCG and not Docklands.
We haven't lost to Richmond at the MCG for 21 years.

The case against:
Richmond are looking ominous.
We've already lost to their VFL team this year.
My train line isn't running next weekend.
Punt Rd traffic.
The weather will probably be s**thouse.

It's a tough call, but no tougher I suppose than those made at selection by Ken and co - I mean it must be a very difficult task not only to decide which out of form obscure player to bring into the team but also to come up with a "job" for him to do to justify the decision.

A word of advice Ken, if you're reading this.

If you are planning on plucking someone else from obscurity and playing them this week, can you please let it be Kai Pudney? That would sway my decision to go to the game, as I used to work with his dad.
Sorry mate it won’t be kai, poor kid has glandular fever.

what's our record in the 4.10pm Sunday timeslot, I remember losing to this mob when they were no where near as good as they are now.

I don't think it's that great.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back