Current Disappearance of 3yo William Tyrrell * The foster mother has been recommended for charges of pervert the course of justice & interfere with a corpse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Criminal charges the former foster parents currently face as at 15 April 2022 include:
  • Apprehended Violence Orders on both (AVOs)
  • Lying to the NSW Crime Commission on former foster mother *Not Guilty
  • Lying to the NSW Crime Commission on former foster father *Not Guilty
  • 2 x charges of assault against a child on former foster mother *Guilty
  • 1 x charge of assault against a child on former foster father
  • Stalking &/or Intimidation on both
  • Dummy bidding real estate fraud *Guilty
TIMELINE

Where's William Tyrrell? - The Ch 10 podcast (under Coroner's subpoena)

Operation Arkstone

Last edited:

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Jubelin must of got too close to someone... Stinks of a witch hunt to me.

A source close to Mr Jubelin said he had only been performing basic duties to obtain information from a suspect.

"He doesn't even know if he has been suspended from duty," the source said.

Before announcing his resignation, the detective had been confined to desk duties while the professional standards probe took place.

William Tyrrell Biological family secure legal-aid funding to pay for own lawyer

Why shouldn't they have legal representation when everybody else including the foster family in whose care their biological child was when he went missing?

Far as I'm aware, the foster family still has custody William's sister. It's a very messed up situation.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Why shouldn't they have legal representation when everybody else including the foster family in whose care their biological child was when he went missing?

Far as I'm aware, the foster family still has custody William's sister. It's a very messed up situation.

So now William is gone, they go for custody of his sister? Now they go for compensation off FACs for losing their child?

If there is compensation. I bet we don't hear a word about it. Suppression order.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
The interesting thing about this child disappearance, is that the child was removed from the biological parents (This means something bad was happening).

The biological parents hid the children and went into hiding to stop their children being removed by child services.

The father was in prison when William was abducted. Biological parents have been cleared of involvement.

Not sure what the father was in for, but he may have owed people or snitched on someone when charged.

The POIs know the biological grandmother.

The interesting thing about this child disappearance, is that the child was removed from the biological parents (This means something bad was happening).

Does it? I would question this as a first. Not suggesting for a second that the foster parents had anything to do with William's disappearance but disappear on their watch he did.

I personally think the biological parents in this situation got a raw deal. It appears to me the reason William and his sister were removed in the first place was because they essentially went on the run with their kids to avoid the authorities. I'd have done the same thing if it was mine. Ask the 'stolen generation' how they might feel about it.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Does it? I would question this as a first. Not suggesting for a second that the foster parents had anything to do with William's disappearance but disappear on their watch he did.
I personally think the biological parents in this situation got a raw deal. It appears to me the reason William and his sister were removed in the first place was because they essentially went on the run with their kids to avoid the authorities. I'd have done the same thing if it was mine. Ask the 'stolen generation' how they might feel about it.

There is information in this thread for reasons they were removed. It is a bit more than that. I don't know what Williams father went to prison for.

The court heard how Tyrrell's parents were in a "troubled relationship" with a history of substance abuse and domestic violence when he was born on June 26, 2011.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
William just didn't disappear. He was abducted.

The British Prime Minister left his child at a pub. This isn't a case of misadventure. Looking forward to the findings.

Iworkthecircus

All Australian
Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
From watching a video of the father one of those Sunday specials he smells off like rancid dunno if anyone else got the same feelings

I think we don't even know the half of the story yet.

Surveillance Devices Act NSW (2007)

Police powers
A police officer can use a listening device in the following circumstances:
  • There is an imminent threat of serious violence to a person or an imminent threat of substantial damage to property;
  • A serious narcotics offence is being committed or will be committed;
  • The circumstances are so serious or of such urgency that use of a listening device is necessary and the circumstances make it impracticable to apply for a warrant;
  • The listening device is a body-worn video device, is visible and the officer has produced identification to the parties to the private conversation; or
  • The officer has obtained a warrant permitting the use of the listening device in certain circumstances (see below).

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
I think we don't even know the half of the story yet.

Surveillance Devices Act NSW (2007)

Police powers
A police officer can use a listening device in the following circumstances:
  • There is an imminent threat of serious violence to a person or an imminent threat of substantial damage to property;
  • A serious narcotics offence is being committed or will be committed;
  • The circumstances are so serious or of such urgency that use of a listening device is necessary and the circumstances make it impracticable to apply for a warrant;
  • The listening device is a body-worn video device, is visible and the officer has produced identification to the parties to the private conversation; or
  • The officer has obtained a warrant permitting the use of the listening device in certain circumstances (see below).

He had his mobile phone on record in discussion. The way they are talking, this is standard practice by cops. albeit inadmissible in court.

I think one POI has already sat a prison sentence for a reason. They can't say but they got him indirectly.

I think one POI has already sat a prison sentence for a reason. They can't say but they got him indirectly.

The old by hook or by crook method of policing. That prisoner/paedophile could end up out of jail looking at a multi million dollar compensation payout and become one of the untouchables.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
The old by hook or by crook method of policing. That prisoner/paedophile could end up out of jail looking at a multi million dollar compensation payout and become one of the untouchables.

The evidence is just inadmissible. Jubelin knows the repercussions of going down that path. That is not going to look good on his career.

Lets see how this pans out for the police force, apart from a large pay out to Jubelin.

Which prisoner has been let out of prison from such police impropriety in a murder investigation? The lesser impropriety recording the conversation on a mobile phone?

The evidence is just inadmissible. Jubelin knows the repercussions of going down that path. That is not going to look good on his career.

Lets see how this pans out for the police force, apart from a large pay out to Jubelin.

Which prisoner has been let out of prison from such police impropriety in a murder investigation? The lesser impropriety recording the conversation on a mobile phone?

And I thought you'd been watching the Royal Commission in Victoria. As an aside Jubelin is a popular cop, I don't know if he's decorated or not but you can bet your butt he's got away with a lot before it got to this. Charging heroes on the force is such bad PR it's a last resort.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
And I thought you'd been watching the Royal Commission in Victoria. As an aside Jubelin is a popular cop, I don't know if he's decorated or not but you can bet your butt he's got away with a lot before it got to this. Charging heroes on the force is such bad PR it's a last resort.

Has any prisoner been let out on police impropriety?

We need to know and what level. Right now, this is just your usual public servant back stab which goes on so some incompetent can preserve their seat. What sort of complaints do staff have? Work load? The bloke drinks green tea.

I'm not into the sensationalism. Ill just wait for the outcomes being mindful it is a Royal Commission. Too much media in a storm cup. Better things to do with my time.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox

Lets see how this pans out for the police force,
1. The evidence is inadmissable
2. It can only pan out with a not guilty verdict

I appreciate the concern for children but the Law protects Everybody. As distasteful as that may be at times it must be. Or we may as well have the lynch mob start up

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Jubelin says the conversations were critical for solving William's abduction. Notice the past tense. He seems to believe he's solved what happened to William.

He would also have written notes, which are admissible to evidence. However if the witness or suspect he was conversing with then denied the facts he had a back up. He is defending the charges vigorously so 30th July hearing should be very interesting.

I assume that he'll say the circumstances were of such urgency and seriousness that the recording was necessary and lack of time made it impractical to apply for a warrant.

He's also testifying at the inquest which reopens in August, so one way or another we should get to hear who Jubelin thinks abducted William and what's happened to him

Jubelin says the conversations were critical for solving William's abduction. Notice the past tense. He seems to believe he's solved what happened to William.

He would also have written notes, which are admissible to evidence. However if the witness or suspect he was conversing with then denied the facts he had a back up. He is defending the charges vigorously so 30th July hearing should be very interesting.

I assume that he'll say the circumstances were of such urgency and seriousness that the recording was necessary and lack of time made it impractical to apply for a warrant.

He's also testifying at the inquest which reopens in August, so one way or another we should get to hear who Jubelin thinks abducted William and what's happened to him

On the face of it with little information it might look a bit petty or as if he's rubbed a few people up the wrong way and they got it in for him but pretty sure this isn't how they'd do it to a cop of Jubelin's profile and with some regard to how popular he is. They would have diminished him by putting him off with a diagnosis of PTSD or on mental health grounds ... something else.

Could be wrong of course but I suspect he's really screwed up somewhere and we're just being given part of the story so far.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
On the face of it with little information it might look a bit petty or as if he's rubbed a few people up the wrong way and they got it in for him but pretty sure this isn't how they'd do it to a cop of Jubelin's profile and with some regard to how popular he is. They would have diminished him by putting him off with a diagnosis of PTSD or on mental health grounds ... something else.

Could be wrong of course but I suspect he's really screwed up somewhere and we're just being given part of the story so far.
Definitely looks like he's rubbed a few people up the wrong way. Influential people or organisations I'd say, as well.

It may be why he's got a Coroner's Inquiry relatively early compared to Daniel Morcome and still none for young Gerrard Ross. The evidence put on record as Jubelin is aware often is enough to point to a guilty person.

Both his court case and William's Coroner's Inquiry should be very interesting.

The biological parents were seeing William and his sister on visits while they were in foster care. Not sure I understand why if the foster parents were adopting the children. The process seems off.

The father said he had been “shocked “ to learn at the inquest “that William was being placed up for adoption without my knowledge or consent”.
He said before his son disappeared from the out-of-home care foster family, “William’s mother and I … were actively pursuing attempts to regain care status.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back