Coach Fremantle: where to now after Lyon?

Remove this Banner Ad

I am not deflecting. I know where Freo are at and not deluded where Freo are on the ladder. But to say Ross Lyon hasn't played youth this season reeks of ignorance. You only post here like most Saints fans unleashing your venomous post on this board because you hate Ross Lyon
Have a check of the posters on the page, they're freo supporters saying he doesn't play youth and that the rebuild excuse shouldn't been getting rolled out anymore.
Ostrich.

Dropped Bewley, Banfield, Logue and Crowden.
Play Colyer, an underdone Stephen Hill.
This rebuilding is garbage.
Cerra and Blakely- natural midfielders. Playing them half back and half forward. Seriously something wrong.
Played all the youth last year and haven’t debut one this year. There’s more experienced then inexperienced out there. Can’t use the rebuilding excuse anymore.
This ^^

Ross Lyon being a great coach is fake news.

He got to the Saints at the perfect time and took over a superb, mature list. Should have won a flag with it and didn't.

Then he did the same thing at Freo. Harvey built them up and Ross came in at the exact moment he needed to as the list was primed to go deep in finals.

Didn't win a flag with either.

I dislike Lyons coaching style as much as anyone but he is a good coach. Thomas couldn’t get the job done with that list and yes Lyons didn’t win s**t either, but two close Grand Final losses you would put down to bad luck more then inept coaching. They were just unlucky to come up against a Geelong side in 09 who refused to lose;anyone else and they win.

And Harvey may have built a list, but there was immediate results from Lyon when he took over. He is a great coach, he just isn’t good at development or rebuilding.

I actually think he would be great at Carlton. The foundation is there, he will make something if it. Not that I am saying they should get him but people undersell him.

He’s run his course at freo message is a bit tired now but what did you think about rd 1?
He’s game plan is just to demanding so we full off a cliff midyear

North had the guts to get rid of their coach and look how it's paying off. A near miraculous snap at goal with 20 seconds on the clock away from winning 5 from 6. If your lot was to play North this weekend I'd back the result to be reversed.

Sometimes you just have to make the hard call.

I still think you need to keep him until his contract end, love him or hate him. In soccer arsenal do it with Wenger compare to Chelsea.
The wenger comparison is Hilarious. Won a lot of trophies in his 1st 10 years from october of 1996 ending that decade with a champions league finals loss to barcelona on may of 2006.

from may 2006, he only won 3 fa cups.

Had he won an EPL title in 2007-8 and left in 2012 or 2013, Wengers legacy would not be badly tarnished.

you being a liverpool fan.... 1999-2009 was interesting. 1999-2004 liverpool had gerrard houlier and the undisputed best season was 2000-2001 was the treble of the League cup, fa cup, UEFA cup. they then won a league cup in 2003 then he was gone in 2004.

Rafa Benitez was there in 2004-9. Won the champs league in 2005, then an FA cup in 2006. got sacked in 2009 for finishing 7th. Not making top 4 to get champions league is sackable. Finishing top 4 to get champions league equals more money and a better chance to lure good players.
Ross Lyon being a great coach is fake news.

He got to the Saints at the perfect time and took over a superb, mature list. Should have won a flag with it and didn't.

Then he did the same thing at Freo. Harvey built them up and Ross came in at the exact moment he needed to as the list was primed to go deep in finals.

Didn't win a flag with either.
Mark Harvey wouldnt of got us to a grand final in 2013. Let me assure you on that one.

We should pay Ross the rest of his contract and let him go after this season is over and bring in someone like Jarrod Schofield to try and revitalise this team. Stephen Hill again shouldn't have been played this week yet they did anyway. Having players like Colyer in the team does absolutely nothing, Langdon should have been dropped to the WAFL weeks ago and I'll be happy to let him walk at the end of the season., Cerra and Blakely need to be played in the midfield rather than in defence where players who shouldn't have been dropped in Logue and Duman should be playing (Nyhuis will get delisted and rightly so, he adds nothing and did nothing yesterday, I'm preparing for all the Nyhuis dick riders to attack me). The Match Committee will probably bring in Sandilands again this week when the guy shouldn't even be playing football anymore, let the man retire in peace like he wanted to earlier this season, the amount of people who think he'll save us is pathetic. Hogan needs to be rested for the rest of the year as we aren't making finals and I'd rather that he be fully fit for pre-season. Bring back players like Banfield, Crowden, Bewley, Schultz and Carter who are actually performing at WAFL love and drop those who aren't up to speed.

Have a check of the posters on the page, they're freo supporters saying he doesn't play youth and that the rebuild excuse shouldn't been getting rolled out anymore.
Ostrich.
Freo supporters saying Lyon hasnt played youth this year is an absolute lie.

In 2017 these blokes got debut games: Logue, Cox, Darcy, Ryan, De luca, Nyhuis and Balic. Deluca and Balic are gone.

In 2018 these blokes got debut games: Cerra, Crowden, Brayshaw, Banfield, Giro and Duman.

thats 13 debuts in 2 seasons.

Mind you they only given debuts to a couple of Mature agers in Bewley and Schulz.

North had the guts to get rid of their coach and look how it's paying off. A near miraculous snap at goal with 20 seconds on the clock away from winning 5 from 6. If your lot was to play North this weekend I'd back the result to be reversed.

Last time freo had an Interim coach was Ironically Mark Harvey in mid 2007 coached 7 games. 4 wins and 3 defeats. lasted until 2011 until he was ironically replaced by ross lyon.

Did you read my quote I stated his done at freo but unfortunately I’m only a member I don’t make those decisions
The rd 1 reference was just to show that the boring coach that the north supporter referred to beat his team by 80 pts if an eagle supporter said it fair enough there would be no rd 1 analogy

The wenger comparison is Hilarious. Won a lot of trophies in his 1st 10 years from october of 1996 ending that decade with a champions league finals loss to barcelona on may of 2006.

from may 2006, he only won 3 fa cups.

Had he won an EPL title in 2007-8 and left in 2012 or 2013, Wengers legacy would not be badly tarnished.

you being a liverpool fan.... 1999-2009 was interesting. 1999-2004 liverpool had gerrard houlier and the undisputed best season was 2000-2001 was the treble of the League cup, fa cup, UEFA cup. they then won a league cup in 2003 then he was gone in 2004.

Rafa Benitez was there in 2004-9. Won the champs league in 2005, then an FA cup in 2006. got sacked in 2009 for finishing 7th. Not making top 4 to get champions league is sackable. Finishing top 4 to get champions league equals more money and a better chance to lure good players.
Mark Harvey wouldnt of got us to a grand final in 2013. Let me assure you on that one.
Lyon will never take us to another grand final. Let me assure you of that one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should pay Ross the rest of his contract and let him go after this season is over and bring in someone like Jarrod Schofield to try and revitalise this team. Stephen Hill again shouldn't have been played this week yet they did anyway. Having players like Colyer in the team does absolutely nothing, Langdon should have been dropped to the WAFL weeks ago and I'll be happy to let him walk at the end of the season., Cerra and Blakely need to be played in the midfield rather than in defence where players who shouldn't have been dropped in Logue and Duman should be playing (Nyhuis will get delisted and rightly so, he adds nothing and did nothing yesterday, I'm preparing for all the Nyhuis dick riders to attack me). The Match Committee will probably bring in Sandilands again this week when the guy shouldn't even be playing football anymore, let the man retire in peace like he wanted to earlier this season, the amount of people who think he'll save us is pathetic. Hogan needs to be rested for the rest of the year as we aren't making finals and I'd rather that he be fully fit for pre-season. Bring back players like Banfield, Crowden, Bewley, Schultz and Carter who are actually performing at WAFL love and drop those who aren't up to speed.
Schofield will never go to freo. Lots of bad blood there.

Longmuir better fit.

Dunno maniac, besides Fyfe, there wasn't a great deal to like about Freo down in Tassie.
Freo will say rebuild and the faithful will probably start getting excited about a decent draft pick which, for mine, isn't the answer.

I watched Brayshaw, Cerra and notably Logue was omitted on the weekend. Picks 2,5 and 8 I believe.

Couldn't help but think I'd take Worpel, Sicily and Hardwick in a heartbeat over those. Picks 54, 45 and 44.

Im not even convinced we fielded a better team. Freo's list has potential. A new coach, well overdue. It just seems so glaringly obvious.
Don't know if the Freo hierarchy has the brass clankers to pull the trigger. Interesting off season to come.

Dunno maniac, besides Fyfe, there wasn't a great deal to like about Freo down in Tassie.
Freo will say rebuild and the faithful will probably start getting excited about a decent draft pick which, for mine, isn't the answer.

I watched Brayshaw, Cerra and notably Logue was omitted on the weekend. Picks 2,5 and 8 I believe.

Couldn't help but think I'd take Worpel, Sicily and Hardwick in a heartbeat over those. Picks 54, 45 and 44.

Im not even convinced we fielded a better team. Freo's list has potential. A new coach, well overdue. It just seems so glaringly obvious.
Don't know if the Freo hierarchy has the brass clankers to pull the trigger. Interesting off season to come.

Your crazy. Brayshaw is a star in the making, and Cerra has a quiet year but he will be great once he is played where he belongs, in the middle. Out of the three you list, Sicily is of their potential equal.

Your crazy. Brayshaw is a star in the making, and Cerra has a quiet year but he will be great once he is played where he belongs, in the middle. Out of the three you list, Sicily is of their potential equal.
Respectfully disagree.

I just don't see it with Brayshaw. He's a toiler and works hard. By all accounts a good clubman but but elite he's not. His kicking is pretty dismal. Should never have gone pick 2. I don't know how on earth you can say he's a star in the making? A good B grader at best perhaps.

Cerra has shown a lot more and I agree he does seem to have significant upside. Potential to be elite. However this year he's plateaued, as such its hard to guage where he's at.

As it stands, I would 100% take our 3. I'm guessing you didn't watch Worpel on the weekend. Was immense.

Respectfully disagree.

I just don't see it with Brayshaw. He's a toiler and works hard. By all accounts a good clubman but but elite he's not. His kicking is pretty dismal. Should never have gone pick 2. I don't know how on earth you can say he's a star in the making? A good B grader at best perhaps.

Cerra has shown a lot more and I agree he does seem to have significant upside. Potential to be elite. However this year he's plateaued, as such its hard to guage where he's at.

As it stands, I would 100% take our 3. I'm guessing you didn't watch Worpel on the weekend. Was immense.
Worpel was very serviceable in my fantasy team this year so I'm inclined to give the tip to him just for that

Brayshaw was a reach at 2. Cerra Justifyed his pick 5.

I will say this.... to trade pick 3 in 2016 in my opinion was worth it. We got Cam McCarthy, Pick 8 (Logue), Pick 32 (Sean Darcy) pick 72 (Luke Ryan)

Logue could be a dud. But getting 4 solid players for pick 3 is a good deal.

The loss of Lachie Neale was a disaster for Freo. Fyfe is carrying the load in the midfield on his own. The club have recruited really well in the last couple of years with Lobb, Hogan, Conca, Cerra and Brayshaw. They need 2 A grade mids eg Kelly, Coniglio if they are going to play in finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back