Cars & Transportation Vent about all things traffic

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Dickheads who are so eager to get to wherever they are going. w***er yesterday kept going onto the other side of the road to see if its clear to overtake on double lines but cars coming the other direction almost hitting him and having to swerve to avoid him. Then when it was clear would overtake one car only to be held up by the 10 cars in front of that person......why bother?

I followed him for 5kms (we were going the same direction) and ended up stuck at the same light after all the effort and dangerous driving to get no further up the road than everyone else.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Dickheads who are so eager to get to wherever they are going. w***er yesterday kept going onto the other side of the road to see if its clear to overtake on double lines but cars coming the other direction almost hitting him and having to swerve to avoid him. Then when it was clear would overtake one car only to be held up by the 10 cars in front of that person......why bother?

I followed him for 5kms (we were going the same direction) and ended up stuck at the same light after all the effort and dangerous driving to get no further up the road than everyone else.
People like this are such flogs.

Always laugh when I see someone fly past only to be at the same red light, or a massive one car in front.

L-Plater yesterday on a busy 3 lane road, everyone doing the 60km/h limit and they are doing 20km/h, obviously s**tting themselves and not ready to be on a major road. Poor by the parent to have them on a busy road when clearly not ready.

I give L platers the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps the L plater was nervous, or had a meltdown, or even a medical episode that resulted in this.

Besides, how does one determine when someone's ready to hit a particular road or street? Just gotta get on it and give it a go. Like riding a bike, if you never try you'll never know.

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants
I give L platers the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps the L plater was nervous, or had a meltdown, or even a medical episode that resulted in this.

Besides, how does one determine when someone's ready to hit a particular road or street? Just gotta get on it and give it a go. Like riding a bike, if you never try you'll never know.

im the same, i try to give them the benefit of doubt aswell, we all have been there before

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
im the same, i try to give them the benefit of doubt aswell, we all have been there before

Exactly right. Yeah, it's annoying if their "supervisor" has them on a major road before their ready - but I never view that as the learner's fault. As you rightly say, we were all learners once.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Really hate being tailgated in a roadworks zone. fu** me for not wanting to get a speeding ticket, right?

Roadworks are such an awkward area when there's no active works. Do you speed? Do you go the speed limit even if it's really slow and no one is around? I usually just go halfway between the original limit and the roadworks one.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Roadworks are such an awkward area when there's no active works. Do you speed? Do you go the speed limit even if it's really slow and no one is around? I usually just go halfway between the original limit and the roadworks one.

I have to go through roadworks on the way home, it slowed down to 40 in a 70 zone because of steel plates on the road in a turning lane to a shopping centre, its a 50m stretch of road and hardly anyone slows down for it

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Exactly right. Yeah, it's annoying if their "supervisor" has them on a major road before their ready - but I never view that as the learner's fault. As you rightly say, we were all learners once.

i've seen some in my area try to merge into a 80km/h road and you can see they have no confidence in doing it and this is with a instructor

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
I have to go through roadworks on the way home, it slowed down to 40 in a 70 zone because of steel plates on the road in a turning lane to a shopping centre, its a 50m stretch of road and hardly anyone slows down for it

I've got a 100 zone that's been dropped to 60 for about 500m and I almost always do 80.

Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
One thing that really shits me, is when I merge off the road to give The emergency services the right of way (be it Police, Ambo) the car behind has on two seperate occasions has not pulled over sooner, and when he finally does, he just has to overtake myself in the process of blocking the Ambulance (which i might be wrong here, but is that illegal to block the lane if a police or ambo has their lights on?) TL; DR Cars are pulling over to let ambo through, campaigner behind me decides he will pull over only after he over takes myself to let ambo pass. Tunrs out his turn was only a few KS away. My sarcastic honk n clap was well earnt

I honk him cause he's obstructing the Ambo (and being a campaigner about it)

Dec 12, 2007
The North
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
One thing that really s**ts me, is when I merge off the road to give The emergency services the right of way (be it Police, Ambo) the car behind has on two seperate occasions has not pulled over sooner, and when he finally does, he just has to overtake myself in the process of blocking the Ambulance (which i might be wrong here, but is that illegal to block the lane if a police or ambo has their lights on?) TL; DR Cars are pulling over to let ambo through, campaigner behind me decides he will pull over only after he over takes myself to let ambo pass. Tunrs out his turn was only a few KS away. My sarcastic honk n clap was well earnt

I honk him cause he's obstructing the Ambo (and being a campaigner about it)
By the letter of the law it's illegal, doubt they'd actually be fined unless they were deliberately obstructing an emergency vehicle. It's s**t driving more than anything, people don't bother checking their mirrors or are driving with headphones in.

If you want to know the best way to get out of the way of an emergency vehicle just;
1. Move left when possible (safely with space) and indicate early.
2. Slow down after moving left, no point moving left but still blocking due to other obstacles on the road.
3. If at a red light DO NOT go through the light. It's illegal and incredibly dangerous. Move left when safe to do so. Also if you see lights in your mirror and the turning lanes are free keep them free, emergency service vehicles will go down them.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
That was more the point of my complaint, supervisor should know better to let them on a busy road if they can't go faster than 20kmh. I could understand 40kmh in a 60 zone but not 20kmh

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Major roadworks near me and a section has been finalised but still road signs up and speed limit at 40 but clearly no roadworks/workers. When finished it will be an 80kmh section. Presently everyone does 60+. Police could fill their boots in a day.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

I get that every day. Always have to race ahead. Getting one car in front or stuck at the lights. When they decide to merge back they slam the brakes on.

Mr X

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2003
Round here
AFL Club
Geelong
In what must be a podium finish in complete and utter stupidity and self-absorbing behaviour that is somewhat typical - how was the minor nose to tail crash this morning that caused a train to plow through both cars......because they got out to exchange details right where the crash happened - on railway tracks on a busy line.

So often I see people who refuse to drive on and pull over to a safe place to exchange details - but rather get out in a running late in peak hour or high speed area. So stupid......

Jun 5, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
In what must be a podium finish in complete and utter stupidity and self-absorbing behaviour that is somewhat typical - how was the minor nose to tail crash this morning that caused a train to plow through both cars......because they got out to exchange details right where the crash happened - on railway tracks on a busy line.

So often I see people who refuse to drive on and pull over to a safe place to exchange details - but rather get out in a running late in peak hour or high speed area. So stupid......

Wow. That's freaking insane. Never ceases to astound me how many people lack basic common sense.

That story has now changed to a car rear ending another and being pushed onto the tracks just before a train came through.

Mr X

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2003
Round here
AFL Club
Geelong
That story has now changed to a car rear ending another and being pushed onto the tracks just before a train came through.
That at least makes more sense. Unfortunate misinformation given initially about the accident for those involved.

Doesn’t excuse many other idiots who have no sense if their own safety or the world around them when stopped where they stacked to exchange details rather than pulling over out of the way

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Eastlink this morning sudden traffic jam. Cars jam on their brakes, nearly rear end crashes everywhere. I'm wondering what the hell caused it. 2kms up the road, a ******* cop car sitting in the side with his lights flashing for no reason.

the traffic offender probably just left and the copper just finishing up the paperwork, seen that before

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Back