Autopsy Port v Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

I was thinking during the game who Sutcliffe reminded me of. Then when he set up one of our players with a hospital handpass in the last qtr it came to me. Big Matty T.

I left at 1/2 time and there were plenty of others who did the same.
Got home in time to watch most of another goal-less last qtr by which time the empty seats told me thousands and thousands had done the same.
Last night might end up being the last straw for many. Can't see a good crowd at AO for the rest of the year.
A lot of angry people on the bridge and in the train.
Got a call during the week thanking me for my support in buying club raffle tkts. 5 books so far this year at $60 each.
Bought another one on the back of our showdown win.

They say there's one born every minute but this idiot is very close to checking out.

Picking a tagger in theory wasn't the problem it's just you need a good one and not have a such a hard-on sole focus for one oppo player.. win the the bloody ball and "terrorize" (lol) is a distant ******* secondary agenda.

This was us 1/2 way thru' the 1st qtr and a lazy 7 goals down and game over.
Yep game done n dusted inside of 20mins. A shell shocked crowd in the cold and wet sat there stunned angry and bitter.
I was laughing at us.
Thanks Ken and btw before I forget..... get f'ed. Right now your poison to Port and toxic to me.
The goal-less last qtr where we racked up a lazy 9pts straight was just about the last straw but wait the icing on the cake......
Charlie misses from metres out and the siren sounds.

YAY :mad:

What a night of sport. Djokovic beats Federer in a five set epic decided in the first ever fifth set 12 all tie break in the men's Wimbledon final.

England win the one day cricket World Cup on the last ball of a super over.

Port Adelaide play Brisbane and are beaten 7 minutes into the first quarter.

One of these things is not like the others.

What a night of sport. Djokovic beats Federer in a five set epic decided in the first ever fifth set 12 all tie break at Wimbledon.

England win the World Cup on the last ball of a super over.

Port Adelaide play Brisbane and are beaten 7 minutes into the first quarter.

One of these things is not like the others.

Give us a hint. Was it that we had more spunk than the others?

Picking a tagger in theory wasn't the problem it's just you need a good one and not have a such a hard-on sole focus for one oppo player.. win the the bloody ball and "terrorize" (lol) is a distant ******* secondary agenda.

Telegraphing the intent to rough Neale up, with one of his actual mates no-less, gave the Lions a strategic advantage.

Neale expected it. Fagan expected it. The other midfielders expected it.
They then used our aggressive tactics against us by going on a 10 min blitzkrieg at the start of the game.

10mins is all it took to undo everything our coaches planned.

10mins is all it took for supporters to see how this game would unfold.

10mins to kill our season.

This idiot keeps telling himself he’s checked out and then gets seduced every second week only for his heart to get ripped out again.

We should form a self-help support group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give us a hint. Was it that we had more spunk than the others?

I'm not even going there for fear of summoning tribey and an enigmatically explicit but inappropriately funny bukkake comment.

Neale's not even the best mid in the league. He's around the top echelon but we didn't tag Treloar, Bontempelli, Macrae, Sidebottom, Fyfe, etc in games we've played.

Sure he hurt us last time and I don't philosophically disagree with the idea of taggers, but picking one basically from AFL retirement specifically for one player in one game was inexplicable. We gave them ammunition and ourselves a distraction right from the outset.

We are such a confused football club.

A few here would remember when we picked Max James for the 1984 grand final. It played out like that idea. Not well.

I left at 1/2 time and there were plenty of others who did the same.
Got home in time to watch most of another goal-less last qtr by which time the empty seats told me thousands and thousands had done the same.
Last night might end up being the last straw for many. Can't see a good crowd at AO for the rest of the year.
A lot of angry people on the bridge and in the train.
Got a call during the week thanking me for my support in buying club raffle tkts. 5 books so far this year at $60 each.
Bought another one on the back of our showdown win.

They say there's one born every minute but this idiot is very close to checking out.

When a bloke who is as rusted on as you Greg, someone who has sat through the wind and rain for decades bails out at half time, then surely the powers that be HAVE to eventually get the message that this sh*t can't continue.

I reluctantly renewed my membership this season to give the club some financial support, but my ticket hasn't been used, and it won't be, until win, lose, or draw we get a coach and heirarchy that believes in the real PAFC and its values, and not this crow's light franchise that we are unfortunately becoming.

The way I feel atm I won't be rejoining next year, and I have been a member since the early 1970's.

Telegraphing the intent to rough Neale up, with one of his actual mates no-less, gave the Lions a strategic advantage.

Neale expected it. Fagan expected it. The other midfielders expected it.
They then used our aggressive tactics against us by going on a 10 min blitzkrieg at the start of the game.

10mins is all it took to undo everything our coaches planned.

10mins is all it took for supporters to see how this game would unfold.

10mins to kill our season.
I was going to post something simpler this morning.
We have a very dumb coach advising what our tactics will be to the Brisbane coach.
From that moment, dumb Hinkley was out coached ... simple .. bugger it.

Thinking this through a little more because that's what I like doing, so we've plucked a guy from obscurity mid season, without really seeing if he can do what he was sent out to do by the usual channels like preseason training, extended game simulation or whatever, and put him up against one of the premier midfielders whilst offering not much else. Who thinks this up and who goes along with this? Logically it doesn't make sense.
Btw bringing in a small forward with no form and putting him up against one of the best defenders in the comp makes about the same amount of sense.

Still haven’t seen wines or Jonas speak after a loss
Me either maybe coz I don't listen to MMM or AA but it's disgraceful and gutless how they skulk away from the TV cameras
when the heat's on. For the good time moments Jonas is front and centre.
2nd qtr after one of their goals our defence re-grouped to get things sorted. Hammer did the talking while TJ looked on.
Then they scored another goal and it happened again. Another crisis meeting and the same dynamic.
Ugg Boots is not a Port Adelaide captain's bootlace. Ollie is not much better.

So I got a free GA ticket just because I rocked up to the Bulldogs game. What the fu** are the club going to give me for rocking up to the s**tshow yesterday?

an email from KT saying how great we're looking despite the loss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back