News Bulldogs release 'Fightback of 89' retro guernsey and merch

Remove this Banner Ad

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
885C533B-5F4B-4A23-BEA7-F5B886EBB017.jpeg

Sentinel has knocked this up, well done. The one on the left is probably a truer reflection of what we wore in 1989, but maybe that’s why the League wanted us out because we let our guernsey get that bad? The one on the right is a beautiful jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who_let_the_dogs_out

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Let’s hope we see a few longies on the weekend from the dogs because this is one of their best. I’m keen to buy one if they sell longy versions.
Pretty sure I saw a comment from the club via Facebook that the long sleeve version won't be for sale.

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
Can anyone make out the original pic that’s used on the back?
I would say it is a picture of the then Western Oval with the 10 000 supporters in October 1989. This image is on the Western Bulldogs website as a background at the moment. I have not seen it stated anywhere that it is but that event is being highlighted as what saved the club.

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
I would say it is a picture of the then Western Oval with the 10 000 supporters in October 1989. This image is on the Western Bulldogs website as a background at the moment. I have not seen it stated anywhere that it is but that event is being highlighted as what saved the club.
Thanks for that, yeah, I found it in the club's proportion of the game.
It's what I've used on the back of the jumper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back