Autopsy Port v Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

I sure am getting tired of sitting in the rain and cold to watch nothing but rubbish.

Brisbane are very good and came to play from the opening bounce, but i feel we did ourselves no favours with certain things.

Lachie Neale is having a great season and has hurt us in the past, but we focused wayyyy too much on him early, i mean the guy isn't prime Gary Ablett Jnr. Some of our boys lost their primary focus.

Also, one week after Robbie Gray gets BOG playing as a full time midfielder, starts the game forward to accommodate Cam fricken Sutcliffe. I get the notion of him tagging Neale, but it meant we were essentially one ball winner short at the stoppage. Centre square clearances are crucial now with 6-6-6 rule and we just couldn't get any clean touches in the first 15 mins - we lost the game right there, needed Gray around the footy more.

Lastly, why was Duursma dropped...

Poor coaching moves hurt us as much as the Lions' play did.

Yep was one of the dumbest announcements by our coaching group ever and also gave the commentators open slather to go on and on about Port’s ‘rough house’ tactics. I have seen dumb before, but this was the dumbest.
Also the umps had a heads up from get go.

Feel a bit for Sutcliffe, in hindsight he was doomed from the start! First AFL game for a long time against a skilled and quick Brisbane outfit who were well prepared by OUR coaches for the inevitable tag. Will likely mess him up mentally.

Last edited:

Lastly, why was Duursma dropped...
Even if he was does Ken have to blurt it out. Couldn't he have said we're resting/managing the work load he has put in this year.
Right up there with throwing the tea over his shoulder pre China game.
You could accuse Ken of many things but having even a tiny grasp of how important his role is as senior coach is lost on this buffoon.
Ken you really are a dumb car hunt*.

*courtesy of JBC

Last edited:
Yep was one of the dumbest announcements by our coaching group ever and also gave the commentators open slather to go on and on about Port’s ‘rough house’ tactics. I have seen dumb before, but this was the dumbest.

Feel a bit for Sutcliffe, in hindsight he was doomed from the start! First AFL game for a long time against a skilled and quick Brisbane outfit who were well prepared by OUR coaches for the inevitable tag. Will likely mess him up mentally.
A disaster all round.

What a night of sport. Djokovic beats Federer in a five set epic decided in the first ever fifth set 12 all tie break in the men's Wimbledon final.

England win the one day cricket World Cup on the last ball of a super over.

Port Adelaide play Brisbane and are beaten 7 minutes into the first quarter.

One of these things is not like the others.
Yes. Roger did not deserve to lose 😥

It's messed me up mentally. The only goal I can think of right now is going for my Doctor Feel Badge on here.

Want to let us in on his thoughts.

I was kind of paying more attention to Waldorf and Statler in front of me.

The players get a script that comes straight from the press conference.

He looked to be hurting and said the stuff about how disappointing it was for the players and supporters but as Waldorf and Statler slurred, Yeah but watcha gonna do bout it Tom?

What a night of sport. Djokovic beats Federer in a five set epic decided in the first ever fifth set 12 all tie break in the men's Wimbledon final.

England win the one day cricket World Cup on the last ball of a super over.

Port Adelaide play Brisbane and are beaten 7 minutes into the first quarter.

One of these things is not like the others.

And I stayed up to watch the other two because i didn’t feel like sleeping after our game. Feeling it today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A disaster all round.
It defies logic. However that idea came about, and whoever put it into practice should be ashamed of themselves. It astounds me still how anyone thought in this day and age thought it would be let go. The umpires were onto it straight away, Brisbane were ready for it and did the right thing by just playing the ball. Meanwhile we were just trying to bundle Neale over whenever we could. It handed them the momentum and was a huge factor in them getting their tails up, from there there was no way back.

I said it last night, and will say it again that's the end of Hinkley. There is no coming back from it. Now the board need to man up. I saw KT at the post game function and he looked defeated. Like he knows Hinkley is tactically shot, and the players are lost to Hinkley. Emotion only gets them up now we all know it.

Under the Hinkley tenure we have been caught and overtaken by a Brisbane team that during that time have lost the following players to other clubs:

- Yeo
- Polec
- Crisp
- Docherty
- Redden
- Aish
- Beams

You can also throw in Hanley, Mayes and Schache as depth for good measure.

Edit: oh, and Rockliff

Spot on

As obvious to all of us as that thing on Don Pyke's nose

Neale's not even the best mid in the league. He's around the top echelon but we didn't tag Treloar, Bontempelli, Macrae, Sidebottom, Fyfe, etc in games we've played.

Sure he hurt us last time and I don't philosophically disagree with the idea of taggers, but picking one basically from AFL retirement specifically for one player in one game was inexplicable. We gave them ammunition and ourselves a distraction right from the outset.

We are such a confused football club.

A few here would remember when we picked Max James for the 1984 grand final. It played out like that idea. Not well.
Neale is everything we hoped Rockliff would be. And a South Aussie to boot.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Autopsy is definitely the right label for this thread. I have sat through some absolute debacles of games over the years, but last night I knew ten minutes in that we were never coming back from that deficit. Not just because of the scores, but because of the atrocious way we were playing. Last night is the first time ever that I thought about leaving early, at quarter time no less, and catching up with friends for tea. I ended up seeing it through, but I'm not sure why.

I left. I left at half time. I have never left a game early prior to yesterday. I tried everything possible to convince myself not to to do it, but realised I wasn't even watching the game anymore. I was completely and utterly removed from the experience. A big jet flew over the ground.

I will be taking my 7 memberships off auto-renewal. I won't be back until there are changes.

Ken, Keith and David, you have broken my football club. The Port Adelaide we are is not Port Adelaide.

Bring us more Antonovs

049d2bccdecfac6b9f3552fa623e454b

Perhaps Ken could have used any other word but no he blunders into a word that's a white hot button around the world

Port coach Ken Hinkley told Fox Footy's David King before the match the plan was to "terrorise" Neale.

Onya Ken. Still from a man who slings tea over his shoulder pre our China game maybe my expectations of you are too sensible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back