Vents and Regrets Thread 2019 Edition

Shannon Hurn

• H2TYW was right and I'm a smart Kent for not listening to him but now feel silly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so much worse when you get screwed over by players from your own club. Shoutout to Brayshaw you **** stain!

Hear, hear
* Smiff and Sloane

I like this new censorship of swear words too. Not quite fully censored, not Australian levels of bent over by Murdoch levels of internet full pirate websites blocking censorship.

Me: Every season, under no circumstances, what so ******* ever, have a KPF in your team.

Me: Bring in Jeremy front runner Cameron.

Turning point of my season.

Coniglio, Roughy moves and the scotch and cokes and beers have brought me here..........

F@rk, where to start with this rant???

Regrets, I have a few (Frank Sinatra)

Lets go right to the beginning of yet another frustrating season.

Trading Ridley > Wilkie in round 2. Wilkie was a good rookie but Ridley was just a dud of a pick.

Traded out Hore and Gibbons in round 3 for Petrol and UDL. UDL was a disastrous trade in and I was really keen on Rooze (right Jiska ) I felt like I just traded for the sake of it being the tradeaholic that I am. I seriously have a problem. :'(

Petrol was a meh rookie too and I would have been better saving a trade if I had of known Hore would be back but at the time it looked like too many were in front of him for a spot when he got dropped. I think I made the right call here going Hore > Petrol but I would end up Roughy moving Hore back in. LOL!

Gibbons was a slow burn but has played every game. Ended up making over $200,000. I should have held onto him.

First Roughy moves in round 4. Traded out Dunkley who was stuck up forward and Fyfe (knocked out) to fix up backline as I only had one premo back (Williams) so used the opportunity to bring in Whitfield and Boak. Whitfield would end up getting injured more than once so could have waited to bring him in later. End result was that I wasted 4 trades as I traded Dunkely and Fyfe out but ended up trading them back in. Just can't do this s**t again next year (sorry Here2tellyouwhy but you're on your own mate)

Letting Setterfield go in round 6 after he got dropped. Boy I would love his forward bench cover right now. Have Young and Gardner the 2 campaigners instead! :(

Not picking up Stack and ROB. 2 of the best rookies this year in a tough year for cash generation. I am surprised that I am in the top 1000 without grabbing these 2. Grabbed Ross and Baker instead. Baker was not bad but Fyfe stood on Ross's foot and killed him. Sums up my luck!

Was thinking about grabbing Stack on the bubble but his 40 put me off in his second game. Was thinking to myself I'll just grab Ross instead who will be even better. FML!!!

I also didn't grab ROB on the bubble as I wanted to bring in Marshall instead as my first upgrade. As it turns out Marshall shat the bed against Gawn\Preuss and scored 50. :(

Oh and then the byes. F@rk the byes right SavDog23 ?

I seem to do well during the byes every year but it's at a cost. Like a drug addict with a million dollars I just can't help myself.

BANG! BANG! BANG! JM gung ho style to at least have 18 playing every week. Made some dud decisions along the way though and traded out Brodie Smith instead of Hore and trading out Answerth who would have provided some valuable bench cover right about now even though he is a potato right vast ? A potato getting games though. F@rk you Logue and Naish. :(

And here I am now campaigners drunk and with no trades left.

I was in tears after Cogs went down yesterday so consulted Ruby. She said feel free to post my puppies if you get another season ending injury....

giphy.gif

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope Hurley is out for the rest of the season so I can justify the trade. Useless since I brought him in for a bit of flavor during the byes.

Bringing in the following players who played 2-3 games then didn't get back in (at all, or when it was too late):
Rotham
Hately
Gardiner
Young
Rowbottom (although now he's getting real sexy)
Naish
B Scott

Am now struggling with cash although sitting in a decent position in most leagues. Can't get that final premo into my midfield.

My trade ins have been pretty good this year. Only bad trades I did was rage trading fyfe but netted me neale and boak eventually so I still call that a win.

Mid game injuries just killed me.

Fyfe
Ballastic
Cogs
Whitfield x2
Zerrett
Atkins

Last edited:
A look at my horror, which is actually better than most years. Still got 8 trades left, leading my leagues and sitting about 5800th - major brag I'm leading a league against the guy who's currently 4th. Hope he doesn't get too distracted from the main prize by trying to beat me. :cool:

Another reminder of how Brayshaw derailed my season. Was tossing up between Sloane & Brayshaw for M4 a week out from Rd1 as they were the same price. Ultimately chose Brayshaw in the end as I had the Crouch brothers already and thought 3 Crow mids might have been overkill and was bullish about the Dees prospects (team bias?) Had I taken Sloane instead, I'd be 372 points better off and be ranked in the top100 right now.

It seems like it's only ever two or three 50/50 calls that hold me back from contending most years. Heeney > Worpel in Rd3 for instance netted me the 130k cash grab I was looking for at the time and I have broke even points wise, but Boak was the other option for a 60k grab who came out flying with a new SC friendly midfield role and scores to match, but again my own personal bias (being burned trading Boak last year) clouded my judgement which contributed to making the incorrect 50/50 call. Get that call right along with the Brayshaw/Sloane call and I'm top10 right now. Not trying to be a hindsight hero or anything, just acknowledging that personal bias has been my Achilles heel.

I like to think I take emotion out of the equation and put personal feelings aside when choosing fantasy players, but it's difficult to be completely unbiased. :rainbow:

Another reminder of how Brayshaw derailed my season. Was tossing up between Sloane & Brayshaw for M4 a week out from Rd1 as they were the same price. Ultimately chose Brayshaw in the end as I had the Crouch brothers already and thought 3 Crow mids might have been overkill and was bullish about the Dees prospects (team bias?) Had I taken Sloane instead, I'd be 372 points better off and be ranked in the top100 right now.

It seems like it's only ever two or three 50/50 calls that hold me back from contending most years. Heeney > Worpel in Rd3 for instance netted me the 130k cash grab I was looking for at the time and I have broke even points wise, but Boak was the other option for a 60k grab who came out flying with a new SC friendly midfield role and scores to match, but again my own personal bias (being burned trading Boak last year) clouded my judgement which contributed to making the incorrect 50/50 call. Get that call right along with the Brayshaw/Sloane call and I'm top10 right now. Not trying to be a hindsight hero or anything, just acknowledging that personal bias has been my Achilles heel.

I like to think I take emotion out of the equation and put personal feelings aside when choosing fantasy players, but it's difficult to be completely unbiased. :rainbow:

My bias is towards players that have burned me before also refused to start sloane and zerrett. All except rocky will be on the table next year.

Rookies are dead to me however

Bringing in the following players who played 2-3 games then didn't get back in (at all, or when it was too late):
Rotham
Hately
Gardiner
Young
Rowbottom (although now he's getting real sexy)
Naish
B Scott

Am now struggling with cash although sitting in a decent position in most leagues. Can't get that final premo into my midfield.
Sorry to toot your Chol, but Rotham is a chance this week.

There are so many sliding door moments, where do you begin?
I guess my biggest one was busy on a Thursday/ Friday night; and was planning to get Dunkley, but I missed the trade
That was costly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back