No Oppo Supporters The Sun Lounge (Suns posters only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Last night will be the last game for a few Suns players I would think. Brodie is gone, bring in Riordan and let him have a crack. Let Nutting loose on the wing, bring Ellis in, he never deserved to be dropped. Caleb Graham should get game time now

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I believe GWS have enough midfielders in their reserves to cover the loss of Coniglio. From my view, they might drop in to the bottom of the 8 for a couple of seasons before they challenge again.
Time will tell. No guarantees those midfielders will be of the Coniglio, Kelly standard. For the sake of footy I hope they continue to remain competitive and build a decent rusted on supporter base.

There is nothing wrong with the 'Gold Coast' per se, its just about winning.
Players will come if we can start winning.

Success begets success. On the positive note we've retained a number of our young core which are the only way we can get there. With them 24-25 rather than 21-22 you would hope that we could manage 6-10 wins, that sells some hope for potential recruits.

There is nothing wrong with the 'Gold Coast' per se, its just about winning.
Players will come if we can start winning.

Success begets success. On the positive note we've retained a number of our young core which are the only way we can get there. With them 24-25 rather than 21-22 you would hope that we could manage 6-10 wins, that sells some hope for potential recruits.
Absolutely. There is nothing wrong with the GC or the club. Once they become more consistent and can win more games, players will want to come. Fans will feel better about going to the footy.

Heard somebody on the radio say that the Suns should get Roughead and Jordan Lewis (best mates) up to play.

To be honest both are cooked but if they wanted to come up together in some off-field roles and play together in the NEAFL that would be a real coup to develop the young kids.

Heard somebody on the radio say that the Suns should get Roughead and Jordan Lewis (best mates) up to play.

To be honest both are cooked but if they wanted to come up together in some off-field roles and play together in the NEAFL that would be a real coup to develop the young kids.
We need someone with a couple of years in the tank
Dream about getting Joel Selwood maybe if Geelong's premiership window closes
Hard as nails, never say die maniac

We need someone with a couple of years in the tank
Dream about getting Joel Selwood maybe if Geelong's premiership window closes
Hard as nails, never say die maniac

Oh I meant to get them up here in purely off-field roles. They could play NEAFL for the Sun's without taking up a senior/rookie spot (e.g. Andrew Swallow).

I heard Rough wanted to explore working in list management and Lewis strikes me as a good assistant coach in waiting.

Oh I meant to get them up here in purely off-field roles. They could play NEAFL for the Sun's without taking up a senior/rookie spot (e.g. Andrew Swallow).

I heard Rough wanted to explore working in list management and Lewis strikes me as a good assistant coach in waiting.
Even a cooked Roughead is better than our best forwards - a year as a 3rd fed target can’t hurt

I'd love to see GC approach Mick Malthouse, as a Part time (could probably even complete the role from Melbourne) Director of Coaching/Coaches Coach or similar. listening to him on ABC radio each week you can tell he's still sharp as a tack, and ruthlessly logical. It's not that i don't think Dew has what it takes, but i think that the situation he's walked into as a first time coach is in is many orders of magnitude tougher than a first time coach should have to be dealing with and any bit of help that can be provided would be good.

Even a cooked Roughead is better than our best forwards - a year as a 3rd fed target can’t hurt
Not to mention, you can't buy his kind of experience. 4 premierships. He even was giving out advice to the opposition when he was playing on a kid in the vfl. That man has leadership in spades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see on the draft and trading board the vultures are here.. Ben king gets the rising star nomination, now he allegedly wants to go home. I don’t subscribe to that. He seems very happy but these Victorian’s are always happy to pick at a carcass
I seen it facebook aswell, my favourite quotes were:

*Sources close to him say its pretty much a done deal
*Apparently Ben has told GC he wont be signing a contract
*A late first rounder will get it done easily

The complete arrogance and self entitlement of Vics is mind boggling yet 100% expected

A late first rounder will get it done easily.....pfffttt!

What planet do these bozos reside on.

He went pick 6, is under contract, has just won a Rising Star nomination but a late 1st rounder will get it done EASILY...
I know i couldn't help but have a laugh

I seen it facebook aswell, my favourite quotes were:

*Sources close to him say its pretty much a done deal
*Apparently Ben has told GC he wont be signing a contract
*A late first rounder will get it done easily

The complete arrogance and self entitlement of Vics is mind boggling yet 100% expected
Not to mention on Footy Classified Caroline bloody Wilson was like "Ben King and Jack Lukosius refused to sign." I doubt refuse is the word I would use.

Anyone put some money on Suns bets during the year?
I think the odds tend to be wrong early in the season and there is definitely value there to be had.

I put on the following:

The Suns >2.5 wins - WIN - got up in the first month - lucky didn't have to sweat it out for much longer

A few multi's early on when we know better than the bookies about our team - they take a while to catch on.
Fiorini, Brodie, DMac when he started playing midfield. Many wins - and a few losses on >20 / 25 disposal bets.

Suns leading goal kicker
Rankine @ $26
- Cashed out after making 150% profit after his pre season - always knew these odds were so skewiff

Not sure we need any more Inside players.
More outside run please.

I don’t mean inside players, I meant inside news. P.s absolutely agree we don’t need more inside players. I like targets such as Taylor Garner (NM), Hamish Hartlett, Burgoyne would be a great get, Betts would fit in well. Should go after Hawks; Gunston, Smith, Breust, Shoenmakers

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back