Our next CEO and president

Remove this Banner Ad

I once had a very interesting but short debate with Hitaf when she was working at the club. We had opposite views on the matter of the club that we should be. Her belief was consistent with the direction of the club at that time and that was "we've got to get away from the Magpies stigma" because it is "killing this club" and now I also remember "Josh Francou makes a good point" about the Magpies stigma where he grew up hating it and how challenging it was for him etc... At that time of her tenure the club were convinced that to grow we had to change the perception of the SA community about the club and in their view that meant to distance itself from the old Port Adelaide black and white magpies (and that did not mean the PAMFC). So along come the yearly jumper competitions, the Planet Teal, the declaration that teal was the most popular colour amongst Port supporters, and propaganda as such. So I would prefer than no employee from that era ever works at the club again.

Everyone involved with the John James identity strategy should swallow themselves.

If it was up to them we’d be the South Coast Footballers™ playing half ‘our’ home games in Zeehan.

I once had a very interesting but short debate with Hitaf when she was working at the club. We had opposite views on the matter of the club that we should be. Her belief was consistent with the direction of the club at that time and that was "we've got to get away from the Magpies stigma" because it is "killing this club" and now I also remember "Josh Francou makes a good point" about the Magpies stigma where he grew up hating it and how challenging it was for him etc... At that time of her tenure the club were convinced that to grow we had to change the perception of the SA community about the club and in their view that meant to distance itself from the old Port Adelaide black and white magpies (and that did not mean the PAMFC). So along come the yearly jumper competitions, the Planet Teal, the declaration that teal was the most popular colour amongst Port supporters, and propaganda as such. So I would prefer than no employee from that era ever works at the club again.

I wouldn't hold that against Hitaf. John James was a very strong CEO and would have made sure they were all singing from the same hymnbook.

I wouldn't hold that against Hitaf. John James was a very strong CEO and would have made sure they were all singing from the same hymnbook.

Well I do. If you can be swayed in believing Port's identity needed to take a totally different image then you can never be any good for the club.

Personally she was always good value to chat with though.

The most popular colour being teal was declared by Bucky … it wasn't only James but he did run with it too.

PS: It is good to see you here.

I want Davies as our next CEO- he's a very good operator. After that, it's more about who I want off the Board- Koch. Cut off the head of the snake and Vanstone, Ransom, Cardone will follow.

Get that done and we take the first steps in returning to being the Port Adelaide Football Club.

I want Davies as our next CEO- he's a very good operator. After that, it's more about who I want off the Board- Koch. Cut off the head of the snake and Vanstone, Ransom, Cardone will follow.

Get that done and we take the first steps in returning to being the Port Adelaide Football Club.

Do we know any more about his inner motives? His philosophy on the product we place on the field, the player profile at the club, the backing of the traditions, the captaincy, the bars, is he as passive as KT? He appears to be no nonsense and doesn't mix his words.

Do we know any more about his inner motives? His philosophy on the product we place on the field, the player profile at the club, the backing of the traditions, the captaincy, the bars, is he as passive as KT? He appears to be no nonsense and doesn't mix his words.
I've only had dealings with him prior to his time at Alberton and I was very impressed. Very intelligent, no-nonsense, hard line. I believe he's been responsible for giving more power to Cripps and Parker over drafting/trading and less to Hinkley, but nothing sure- just joining some dots.

From my experience, he is nowhere near passive. Beyond that, I'd leave it to others who know more.

The singular time I was critical of Davies was when vision emerged of him being on his phone when the players were being addressed during a review. Now that I know more about Koch, Thomas and Hinkley, I can't blame him and it only makes me think better of him.

The singular time I was critical of Davies was when vision emerged of him being on his phone when the players were being addressed during a review. Now that I know more about Koch, Thomas and Hinkley, I can't blame him and it only makes me think better of him.

Lol. The CandyCrush Saga.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back