Votes: 109 49.1%
  • Jayden Short

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 175 78.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Great to see Astbury get a vote, he had a super game that went unheralded. That's from Dimma I reckon.
Totally agree, he had a ripper game. As I mentioned in the game day thread I was watching on the tablet through the AFL app, and it showed the bench and times, he went back on the ground when it clicked over to 8 minutes, and that was the exact same time Cameron kicked his 2nd goal, 2 in 3 minutes. Some of the commentators said Cameron had a great game, but take those 2 goals out and it was just ok, nothing like how he ripped us apart in r3

No chance Higgins comes back IMO What exactly does he add to the team?

If we need to replace egg it will be via Stack. He's proven he's a gun there and we have baker/caddy to come in to the forward line. I wouldn't trust either of them on the backline and Edwards down back is a waste.
He's our most creative play maker, AA player in his position as a mid. Playing him in defence is garbage.

As much as I hate the campaigner Brent Harvey comes to mind when I watched Bolton's game on the weekend. Deadly movement, quick, agile, hitting up 30m passes all day. Let's hope he can play another 400 games for us.

A huge congratulations to Shai Bolton winning the rising star nomination!!
Always had copious amounts of talent! So proud of his work rate and attitude this year!!

Now please Richmond hierarchy sign the man up!!

Stand to be corrected on an earlier post re Caddy playing VFL. Surprised me.
However, reckon his a cert to return at the expense of Eggs.
The 2 games would've been a great experience for him.

If Egg goes out & Caddy comes back, I hope they keep Caddy up forward. As this is Caddy's best possie, he is not a good enough mid. He can certainly pinch hit in the mids to give others a rest, but he is the perfect 3rd forward now we have Jack & Lynchy as the main guys. Caddy is a very good mark for his height & probably one of the best kicks for goal in the side, so we need to capitalise on this & play to our strengths. I thinks it's good to have versatility in the team, but not every player has versatility in our team.

If Egg goes out & Caddy comes back, I hope they keep Caddy up forward. As this is Caddy's best possie, he is not a good enough mid. He can certainly pinch hit in the mids to give others a rest, but he is the perfect 3rd forward now we have Jack & Lynchy as the main guys. Caddy is a very good mark for his height & probably one of the best kicks for goal in the side, so we need to capitalise on this & play to our strengths. I thinks it's good to have versatility in the team, but not every player has versatility in our team.

Can see this being goal kickers every week

Reiwoldt 4
Caddy 4
Lynch 4
Castagna 4
Lambert 4

Put a couple more in there, caddy is elite forward , what a headache for opposition

Bolton 4

He cant play like he has before, as he is getting in the way, he will have to play fwd but he needs to compliment it, not create problems. he laos is needed to pull his finger out in the middle too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% yes. The circle is for the 22 on the ground, no exceptions have been made since that came in place. Why break it now because Dusty felt like uncle mushy. Maybe next week George can bring in his 6 year old next door neighboure because shes a tiger fan and its her birthday.
1563200411199.png

We were pretty good I thought today , played s**t for 20 minute patch and then we beat them easily other than that .
Going great until a terrible choice of kick by Broad. Didn't do the team thing; cute inboard pass to an outnumbered Dusty, they get a goal. Momentum killer and they get the next three. Not enough in the media gets said about bad decisions/skills that kills momentum. Happens all the time.

Demonstrates time and time again why you never let up, never take the foot off the throat. Offenders need to be dragged or dropped.
No use speculating over what might have been if Coniglio didn't go down. We looked a 5 goal better side all day. I dont think he makes that up (as good as he is).
I think Cotchs work in tight was great and has been underrated today. Interesting to hear commentators talk about us winning with Martin down on form. 25 touches. Wouldn't say he went missing. Bolton is a bonifide mid and bog today. I think Ellis had his best or close to his best game and looked physical today, or at least more physical. Lynch and Reiwoldt looked in sync. Brilliant. Guess it makes sense that 1 fwd knows what another wants. Ppl looking for people to drop, it may not happen, but if Kamdyn Mcintosh's head isn't on the chopping block then fu** knows what game selectors watched as he would have been better off staying at home. Waaay down on form.
Egg K Mac Out
Caddy Graham In
Yeah, Kamdyn's had a great year but his last two haven't been too good. Needs to be careful
I don't trust Egg playing in finals. He would poop his pants and cost us a few goals for sure.

Need to upgrade his position pronto. Maybe give Baker a go there?
Have always loved Baker's calmness, sure hands and good skill. Ideal replacement for Egg
Port are the Jeckyll/Chris Hyde of the competition. Their record is Win/Loss/Win/Loss/Win/Loss...they will beat Geelol one week and then lose to Carlton the next week. Not to be underestimated, I think we can beat them but they are due for a win next week. We do need to make the most of opportunities going forward and not relax in games as we sometimes do. Port are a confidence side and shouldn't be allowed to get any sort of flow.
As above. Exactly right. Cut out the relaxing. We, WC and Pies all guilty of it. Hungry teams win premierships
First game I've seen live this year. My campaigner son made me sit on level one the arsewipe!!

- Lynch is becoming really fit, ran like a motherf.... yesterday, and he's a beast
- Jack was OK. This Lynch/Jack thing just might work. Lynch still got doubled a few times, but that means Jacks not getting hammered. Their spatial awareness was OK for first game in however many weeks together
- Geez up close Prestia is clean, like, cleeeeean. Leading the JDM 100%
- I get the Rioli murmurs, but I thought yesterday OK. Ran super hard and made position repeatedly.
- Astbury underrated game, was great yesterday
- Egg was very, very jumpy. The rise in quality of oppo caught him out. He'll be OK, but on that effort of not really committing, he goes back
- I am as bigger Brando critic as there is. Last watched him live at Shepp pre season where I ripped into him talking to tugga (who ducked off after the game for an "appointment"). But he was enormous yesterday. Busted his balls and put his body in the right spots. Turned some 30/70 40/60 contests into negates or wins.
- I love Lambo
- Shai Bolton is waaay better than I gave him credit for. Going to have to admit I was wr-wr-wrwrong on this one

We went a little too Harlem Globetrotter in Q2, but barring that, we played ok.
"Harlem Globetrotter" is a good way to put it. I mentioned Broad's kick above. Got to eliminate that s**t
Whitfield was laughing at him as he spewed...was funny to see.

Whitfield one of the elite runners in the comp. Broad did well and good that he can take those jobs.
Suggested here a few weeks ago Broady should be tried as a tagger. He's quick, defensive minded but does he have the tank?
Emma Murray told us before the game to watch for Jack's body language, particularly the fact that was going to stand up straight and walk taller if that makes any sense.
Must admit I was disappointed with Jack's body language early. Was having a whinge at the umpire and had to switch back on because play was continuing near him. I expected better from a guy who should have been excited to be back out there. He'd only been playing 5 minutes after 2 or 3 months off and was having a sook. Not good enough.

Can't see too many changes.
I can't see Baker, Balta, Butler, Markov, Menadue, Naish, Ross to return.
In: Caddy Out: EMS

F Stack Riewoldt Castagna
Edwards Lynch Bolton
Lambert Prestia Ellis
Houli Vlaustin Short
Broad Grimes Astbury
Foll Soldo Martin Cotchin
I Caddy Chol KMc Rioli
Still 1/3 of the season left. I personally would not mind a team with Baker or Ross in it. After viewing the giants game. Egg ball watched a bit. Everyone else contributed. Sounds like Caddy responded well to the wake up call and would be the obvious change. But great to see Egg get a couple of games.

Like i said, he’s been a regular for over a year and a premiership defender. When he’s fit, he’s in. He plays his role.
Garth is no where near Broad in ability or footy intellect.
Interesting to watch how Broad and Grimes alternated on Sunday. Grimes would drop out the back ala Rance style and be unmanned at times. Then others, Grimes would go pick a bloke up and Broad would take up the role. That’s how high he’s rated by the coaching staff.

Wet and windy conditions v 5th on the ladder on Sunday. He’s going at 80% DE. Apparently he’s no good?

fc54423c672659e24c380656b1774f96.jpg

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower
Honestly, I agree with you if you’re talking 2017 and 2018, but disagree with you this year.

What I am more interested in seeing is how many defensive contests he has lost this year. He has lost 33.3% of his defensive contests this year. Let’s compare that to someone like Grimes, who is sitting at 18.5%. Much better. We ripped into Garthwaite on this board while he was sitting at 35.7%, which isn’t great, but is quite comparable to Broad’s numbers. I wouldn’t be saying this if it wasn’t evident when watching the game either. Grimes wins a lot of his defensive battles whereas the other two do not.

We need him to defend better than he is right now as a defender because he is not playing an offensive role in our backline. Yes, he’s been affected by Rance missing given that he’s now playing on bigger players but I think he could do better defensively

you’ve hit this spot on and totally agree, “but not every player has versatility in our team”....caddy is versatile but it’s obvious his best position by far is in the forward pocket, he can kick straight and can mark like a tall. I would use JR, Caddy and Tom in there, who are they going to stop first. That would be a trident aqua man would be proud of. Then you have stack, George , dusty all roaming in at times too.

you’ve hit this spot on and totally agree, “but not every player has versatility in our team”....caddy is versatile but it’s obvious his best position by far is in the forward pocket, he can kick straight and can mark like a tall. I would use JR, Caddy and Tom in there, who are they going to stop first. That would be a trident aqua man would be proud of. Then you have stack, George , dusty all roaming in at times too.
THE dusty 80/20 mid-forward and caddy 80/20 forward-mid swap is our best and most lethal rotation when both boys are firing :fire::fire::fire:

Last edited:
Honestly, I agree with you if you’re talking 2017 and 2018, but disagree with you this year.

What I am more interested in seeing is how many defensive contests he has lost this year. He has lost 33.3% of his defensive contests this year. Let’s compare that to someone like Grimes, who is sitting at 18.5%. Much better. We ripped into Garthwaite on this board while he was sitting at 35.7%, which isn’t great, but is quite comparable to Broad’s numbers. I wouldn’t be saying this if it wasn’t evident when watching the game either. Grimes wins a lot of his defensive battles whereas the other two do not.

We need him to defend better than he is right now as a defender because he is not playing an offensive role in our backline. Yes, he’s been affected by Rance missing given that he’s now playing on bigger players but I think he could do better defensively

The thing about our defence is it’s the sum of all parts. Our defence has been missing Rance, Short, Astbury and Houli (?) at times this year. The fact we got to the bye with a positive win loss record was remarkable.
If we didn’t have guys like Broad playing, I guarantee you, it would of been even worse again. He has had a solid year. He’s a lock. And it appears the tiger coaches agree with my sentiments over the knockers.
Broad and Vlaus allow Grimes to play his game. Grimes and Vlaus allow Broad to olay his game. Grimes snd Broad allow Vlaus to do his thing etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back