Opinion Things you regret saying about Nmfc

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We weren't up by much at half time in the come back game were we? Without checking I know qtr time we were up by alot.

We were 12.1 at q.time with Kingy's shot just before the siren missing. I remember Spider & Shagga kicking goals at the start of the 2nd q. and we were up by 69 ( stern look ) points.
Only up by 24 at half-time.

Pretty sure l'm close to the mark here, but, l haven't got enough tissues to actually sit down and watch it.

Like '98, if l deny it long enough it didn't happen.

Gameova_

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We were 12.1 at q.time with Kingy's shot just before the siren missing. I remember Spider & Shagga kicking goals at the start of the 2nd q. and we were up by 69 ( stern look ) points.
Only up by 24 at half-time.

Pretty sure l'm close to the mark here, but, l haven't got enough tissues to actually sit down and watch it.

Like '98, if l deny it long enough it didn't happen.

Just a regular season game at the end. Fun for the neutrals. It hurt at the time. Now not so much.

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
Jesse Smith will come back from his ankle injury hungry and better than before

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Jesse Smith will come back from his ankle injury hungry and better than before

UGH!

A complete tragedy that doesn't get factored in to our last decade enough. I don't reckon a lot of folks ever caught on to how good he really was.

This was the kid that outshone Lance Franklin in his time.

I'm pretty sure he would have been named our captain ahead of spitter.

Black2Blue

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
UGH!

A complete tragedy that doesn't get factored in to our last decade enough. I don't reckon a lot of folks ever caught on to how good he really was.

This was the kid that outshone Lance Franklin in his time.

I'm pretty sure he would have been named our captain ahead of spitter.
That BOG performance in the 2007 finals win over the Hawks is etched in the mind. And he had only played 20-odd games at the time. Jesse's game offered some compensation for the horror Qualifying and Prelim debacles, knowing that we had an emerging superstar on our hands. This made the hammy and ankle injuries even more tragic.

Back