• Poll closed .

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
The thing about our defence is it’s the sum of all parts. Our defence has been missing Rance, Short, Astbury and Houli (?) at times this year. The fact we got to the bye with a positive win loss record was remarkable.
If we didn’t have guys like Broad playing, I guarantee you, it would of been even worse again. He has had a solid year. He’s a lock. And it appears the tiger coaches agree with my sentiments over the knockers.
Broad and Vlaus allow Grimes to play his game. Grimes and Vlaus allow Broad to olay his game. Grimes snd Broad allow Vlaus to do his thing etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s true, which is why I say that he is affected by Rance’s absence. I just want a little more from him. I feel like he isn’t defending well nor offering something else around the ground such as CPs or game-breaking disposals. His form isn’t to the point I want him out of the side because we don’t have a replacement for him. I just want him to offer more.

His stats that you quoted for the GWS game were pretty solid though so hopefully that’s a turn for the season. Our whole backline played in a way that I haven’t seen since last year so it looks like we may finally be gelling together defensively without Rance. Exciting!

Apr 20, 2014
Brunch
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa
The thing about our defence is it’s the sum of all parts. Our defence has been missing Rance, Short, Astbury and Houli (?) at times this year. The fact we got to the bye with a positive win loss record was remarkable.
If we didn’t have guys like Broad playing, I guarantee you, it would of been even worse again. He has had a solid year. He’s a lock. And it appears the tiger coaches agree with my sentiments over the knockers.
Broad and Vlaus allow Grimes to play his game. Grimes and Vlaus allow Broad to olay his game. Grimes snd Broad allow Vlaus to do his thing etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Synergy. Where the output of the whole is greater than the sum of the individual efforts.

If you have a settled, predictable defence, you're half way there.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Unfortunate that Rance is not there but hopefully we see the entire height squad together next year
If we win it this year.
Rance to the Sun's for pick 1 & 2
We don't need him.

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
Watching the replay, did anyone else hear the umpire tell Lynch to stop intentionally wasting time when lining up for goal in the last qtr, you get 30 seconds and when you just stand there using it all up you get told off.

And yet Ben Brown can start his run up from the center square and take a full minute before he kicks.

69vintage

Premiership Player
Jan 15, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
He cant play like he has before, as he is getting in the way, he will have to play fwd but he needs to compliment it, not create problems. he laos is needed to pull his finger out in the middle too.
I think Caddy should base his game on Adelaide's Tom Lynch ,playing the lead up half forward and target for our defenders coming out of the backline .Jack could play similar too Tex's role only better and Tom Lynch similar too Jenkins and we have the small forward's to compliment them .

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Synergy. Where the output of the whole is greater than the sum of the individual efforts.

If you have a settled, predictable defence, you're half way there.

This guy gets it ^^^^^^

Barx

Senior List
Sep 2, 2004
McKinnon
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Shai Bolton has surprised me this year.

i expected he'd never amount to anything and go the same way as Stengel (traded for a low draft pick as a best-case return).

He has become a mainstay in a short period - Shai is one very good player.

I'm loving watching him - few in the League hit the ball as hard.

BKM78

Club Legend
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Watching the replay, did anyone else hear the umpire tell Lynch to stop intentionally wasting time when lining up for goal in the last qtr, you get 30 seconds and when you just stand there using it all up you get told off.

It's bizarre but I think if they catch you clock watching they can move you on. So open for interpretation

And yet Ben Brown can start his run up from the center square and take a full minute before he kicks.
Brown seems like a really nice guy but gee I hate him as a footballer.

I heard it on the replay, and I laughed.

It’s his 30 seconds let him use it anyway he bloody well wants! :D

Stylo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 17, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Actual shot of Phil Davis after dealing with the Jack and Tom show:

jSy0Hjb_d.jpg

Back