List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Gray supposedly not offered contract by port yet and carlton looking at him. To me hes some one we should be trying to get someone who actually knows how to football in the forward 1/2
Yes I agree with this. He'd be a shrewd sneaky get. How old is he? He can crumb and I don't think he's too bad kicking wise. Kicks with both feet - I'm a sucker for players who can do that I can't lie. Added bonus: loves a head duck high tackle free inside 50.

On a tangent, why aren’t we all in on the Coniglio chase? Surely we have cap space and getting an elite mid for nothing but salary is a no brainer.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I’ve wondered. I don’t want to be all gloomy, but it seems likely that we are one of several clubs that have spoken to his manager and already been told not to waste our time.

We spoke to cognilio’s management last year. I don’t know the result, but whatever was discussed there is yet to be revisited.

Hearing that we’re heavy into Z Jones and the two Freo boys.

One left field one is that we’re looking at someone from Richmond but know nothing more than that.

On a tangent, why aren’t we all in on the Coniglio chase? Surely we have cap space and getting an elite mid for nothing but salary is a no brainer.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not sure that wehave tge room tbh

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

We spoke to cognilio’s management last year. I don’t know the result, but whatever was discussed there is yet to be revisited.

One left field one is that we’re looking at someone from Richmond but know nothing more than that.
You’d think one of the small forwards. They have so many do not sure who. Bolton out of contract but can’t see him leaving. Butler?

This season has probably set our “destination club” status ablaze

So I can’t see us making many players short list when other clubs are chasing and the difference in it will be marginal

This season has probably set our “destination club” status ablaze

So I can’t see us making many players short list when other clubs are chasing and the difference in it will be marginal

Luckily the known players we are chasing are from clubs we have beaten :p

When you say, “...the two Freo boys”, please tell me that means the two Hill brothers... and not Hill and Langdon?

If we could land Brad Hill and Tom Papley, and somehow keep our first pick this year I’d be ecstatic.

I have no ******* idea how we could actually do that - but I would be ecstatic..
Brayshaw, next year's first and second? No idea what goes where but maybe we can use that as a starting point for our currency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we could land Brad Hill and Tom Papley, and somehow keep our first pick this year I’d be ecstatic.

I have no ******* idea how we could actually do that - but I would be ecstatic..
I don't think we'd be able to keep OUR first ... but surely A first. Tho it'd depend on where our first sits surely, if it's 2-3 I'm in the camp of keeping it no matter what. We'll have an early 20's second pick after all.

You’d think our first priority would be to get Stephen Hill, because he’s free and it would mean we could release Salem to play further up the field.

Also, if we could do that, it might go some way towards convincing Brad Hill to nominate us as his preferred destination. He was traded to Freo for pick 23 so an early second round should do it... in theory. Freo probably won’t be as accomodating as Hawthorn were.

Alternatively, as CWaffles said, Brayshaw could be used as part of the trade.

If we were to give up Brayshaw, we’d have an early second round pick to use on Papley.

We would lose Brayshaw, but the upside is that we would add outside run, improve our forward delivery, and increase our inside 50 conversion. How many goals would that be worth?

And, of course, we would retain our first pick to use on an Anderson/Rowell type midfielder.

Carlton apparently going after Papley as well as S.Gray ... pretty much exactly who we should be chasing.
I'd love Papley in Demons colours. He's perfect for what we need, very quick, great pressure, and loves to kick goals.

It's interesting - he looks very settled at the Swans and I think both his maternal and paternal grandfathers played for the (South Melbourne) Swans so there is a strong family tie there.

But I did see comments that he is open to returning home to Melbourne at some stage.

I'd love Papley in Demons colours. He's perfect for what we need, very quick, great pressure, and loves to kick goals.

It's interesting - he looks very settled at the Swans and I think both his maternal and paternal grandfathers played for the (South Melbourne) Swans so there is a strong family tie there.

But I did see comments that he is open to returning home to Melbourne at some stage.

Love him as a player. But he has Carlton or Collingwood flog written all over him!

I don't think we'd be able to keep OUR first ... but surely A first. Tho it'd depend on where our first sits surely, if it's 2-3 I'm in the camp of keeping it no matter what. We'll have an early 20's second pick after all.

Pretty sure we can’t trade out of the frat round this year.

Anyway yes I’m also firmly of the view that we keep our first this year - anything in the top 5 we should use at the draft.

You’d think our first priority would be to get Stephen Hill, because he’s free and it would mean we could release Salem to play further up the field.

Also, if we could do that, it might go some way towards convincing Brad Hill to nominate us as his preferred destination. He was traded to Freo for pick 23 so an early second round should do it... in theory. Freo probably won’t be as accomodating as Hawthorn were.

Alternatively, as CWaffles said, Brayshaw could be used as part of the trade.

If we were to give up Brayshaw, we’d have an early second round pick to use on Papley.

We would lose Brayshaw, but the upside is that we would add outside run, improve our forward delivery, and increase our inside 50 conversion. How many goals would that be worth?

And, of course, we would retain our first pick to use on an Anderson/Rowell type midfielder.

Brayshaw seems to be the one a lot of people are throwing up, but I’m still hopeful that he’s just out of form.

He was great last year and should have growth left in him as he hits 25-26+

Brayshaw seems to be the one a lot of people are throwing up, but I’m still hopeful that he’s just out of form.

He was great last year and should have growth left in him as he hits 25-26+
I don’t want to trade Brayshaw. I think he’s got a lot more to offer. Plus he annoys Topkent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back