David Koch as Chairman of PAFC - time to move on?

Get rid of David Koch as PAFC Chairman/

• Yes

Votes: 63 86.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect David would have someone on his own payroll for this type of thing.
Channel 7 would. David, no. He is convinced everybody loves him. Don’t you?

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
If he truly was a disastrous chairman then that comment wouldn’t be in the top 3 things people hang crap on him years later for.
People hang crap on him for all sorts of things, predominantly the current state of the football club he helms.

Comments like that are emblematic of his philosophy, a philosophy which is not in step with the Port Adelaide Football Club people grew to love.

It's not difficult, unless you're another one here who is deliberately going to avoid comprehending simple points that have been made on this board 1000 times over.

Nah. I just thought my distain for David was well known.
That’s okay mate. Disdain for Koch is a national asset. I was only wondering if you really thought he would need to bother with personal thought police when he has Channel 7 to nanny him.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Thinking about it ... under his leadership ...

- his comment about "coming together as one" prior to the Walsh (RIP) showdown that permeated through to Boak repeating it in interviews that week
- his affectionate cuddling of Chapman whilst witnessing another soft-belly Port falling short of a comeback home loss

I'm not saying I like the way Koch handled all of this and I don't particularly think it would have been an easy time for him and the club to manage everything that was going on. However, everyone was acting a bit cringey after what happened and in the lead up to the Showdown and there was ultimately some some odd behaviour between the supporters including graphics of a Power arm hugging a crying Crow and stuff like that. Not judging anyone, it was fair in the circumstances but I always knew we'd end up despising eachother again shortly after. Koch isn't blameless but he wasn't alone either.

- we're not financially better, apparently

Once again, I think as supporters we aren't blameless in holding the club to account. I've lost count of the amount of times I've read that we are a not for profit organisation and that any money we make should be put directly back into the football program and community programs.

In the future I think we need to hold the club to account and not be so quick to sing their praises when it appears we are flying. We all drank a bit of the bathwater and contributed to Koch's ego. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

3. He’s probably had the opportunity to slap Armatages jugs around on a drunken Logies night and we are jealous

Pro-tip: When you're pretending to be the moral arbiter, it helps to not say things that show your true colours.

ROBBBO

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers
I don't want to lose Kochie. Since he took over our club has found stability. Never under estimate what he has done. The Ken thing in hindsight was a bit out there but otherwise I'm happy where the club is going

FPPF

Premiership Player
May 9, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No. More than anything we need profile and a reputation of financial nous. He brings both.

Collingwood has had Emirates as a sponsor for two decades. Crows have had Toyota for nearly three decades now. Fremantle, a club that has achieved sweet * all in football has had Woodside as their major sponsor since 2010.
How many sponsors have we gone through just during Koch's reign at our club? I'll tell you. Five. In seven years.
VIP, Renault, Energy Australia, OAK, and GFG.

Singapore, Cathay Pacific, and Qatar airlines fly into Adelaide. Three massive globally recognized brands. If he's such a financial guru and genius, why hasn't he got one of them sponsoring us long term?
Coca Cola has had a presence in Adelaide for many decades. Another globally recognized brand. Why hasn't he got them on as a long term major sponsor?
Why haven't we got SANTOS, a major Australian company headquatered here in Adelaide, on board as a long term sponsor?

Where's the financial stability from the financial guru David Koch?

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Collingwood has had Emirates as a sponsor for two decades. Crows have had Toyota for nearly three decades now. Fremantle, a club that has achieved sweet fu** all in football has had Woodside as their major sponsor since 2010.
How many sponsors have we gone through just during Koch's reign at our club? I'll tell you. Five. In seven years.
VIP, Renault, Energy Australia, OAK, and GFG.

Singapore, Cathay Pacific, and Qatar airlines fly into Adelaide. Three massive globally recognized brands. If he's such a financial guru and genius, why hasn't he got one of them spke other clubsonsoring us long term?
Coca Cola has had a presence in Adelaide for many decades. Another globally recognized brand. Why hasn't he got them on as a long term major sponsor?
Why haven't we got SANTOS, a major Australian company headquatered here in Adelaide, on board as a long term sponsor?

Where's the financial stability from the financial guru David Koch?

I agree that sponsorship stability is a concern for our club. We've never had a long-term relationship with a major sponsor yet we are a club that has been around for 150 years with success and a decent size membership.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don't want to lose Kochie. Since he took over our club has found stability.
What stability?
Dwindling crowds?
Consistently mid-table?
Failure to find a second sponsor?
Consistently ignoring those with knowledge of China and pissing our best chance of getting out from the SANFL's and AFL's thumbs down the drain?
Consistently ignoring what the fans want? (No co-captains, Prison bars)

Koch (along with Ken and KT) are living off the AFL bailing us out and the move to AO, not through their own actions. Other than helping secure Renault over half a decade ago, all his stability has been is the stability of being a bit worse off as a club each year. Oh rejoice for that little bit of stability of consistently worse year on year.

elee

All Australian
Jun 10, 2017
Darling Point, Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Leicester City FC
I don't want to lose Kochie. Since he took over our club has found stability. Never under estimate what he has done. The Ken thing in hindsight was a bit out there but otherwise I'm happy where the club is going

sTABILITY.. how do you define stability? Losing home games with push-overs, players losing form in a flash,
Assistants coming/going, dwindling crowd, losing members
laughing stock in the AFL arenas.

View attachment 710998

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What stability?
Dwindling crowds?
Consistently mid-table?
Failure to find a second sponsor?
Consistently ignoring those with knowledge of China and pi**ing our best chance of getting out from the SANFL's and AFL's thumbs down the drain?
Consistently ignoring what the fans want? (No co-captains, Prison bars)

Koch (along with Ken and KT) are living off the AFL bailing us out and the move to AO, not through their own actions. Other than helping secure Renault over half a decade ago, all his stability has been is the stability of being a bit worse off as a club each year. Oh rejoice for that little bit of stability of consistently worse year on year.

You know stability...

Like a long standing successful tradition of the captain wearing the #1.

Stability...

Like a long standing successful motto that demands we exist to win premierships.

Stability...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back