Streaming Stranger Things - Netflix Original *SPOILERS*

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

You do realise it is a tv show don't you?

Wait, I was led to believe this was a documentary?

How she was treated in the show as an intern is, hopefully, less likely to be the scenario these days. Companies dont like to risk that.

Hopper is surely “The American” in the cut scene isn’t he? Was teleported to Russia or something. We never saw a body.
I would say so, the russians were calling him the american in the show, so i would say it's more than likely it is him, plus they only showed the scientists getting disintergrated and not hopper in the final ep.

Also saw an article saying 'Robin deserved better in Stranger Things season 3' and I kid you not, the reasoning was because 'who could have not seen this beautiful girl sitting in history class' in reference to Steve saying he never noticed her. The feminist agenda can be tough to understand sometimes.
Just people trying to get headlines. The worst you could say is that it's a hack trope, popular guy loved by girl he doesn't even acknowledge.

he was a ridiculous spoof of himself this season. He was actually a serious character in the first two seasons.

I meant in relation to how he handled Eleven/parenthood.

Yeah he was definitely used in a more comedic capacity overall this season, which I could have done with less of. Dunno if I'd go as far as spoof though.

Just people trying to get headlines. The worst you could say is that it's a hack trope, popular guy loved by girl he doesn't even acknowledge.

Yeah lotta clickbait around trying to cash in on the show's popularity. They kinda turned that trope on its head though with the revelation that she was gay and not into him at all, rather into the girl that gave him all her attention. Thought that was a decent swerve.

Yes in that 80s they joked about it. They were never serious. In the 50s it was a bit more serious.
And kids never roamed around the countryside solving mysteries in any era.

I don’t get the nitpicking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I meant in relation to how he handled Eleven/parenthood.

Yeah he was definitely used in a more comedic capacity overall this season, which I could have done with less of. Dunno if I'd go as far as spoof though.

Yeah lotta clickbait around trying to cash in on the show's popularity. They kinda turned that trope on its head though with the revelation that she was gay and not into him at all, rather into the girl that gave him all her attention. Thought that was a decent swerve.
Yep thought that twist was nice with Steve and the ice cream girl whos name escapes me. They had good chemistry those two and had the best scenes of the season.

The countryside solving mysteries bit was silly. The fact the russians just happened to be in the mall where they were trying to decode the message was ridiculous.
I would have said it was inevitable. The Russians had to be there, its where the rift is. It had to be at the mall, its the new structure that masked the building of the base. That they worked at the mall, the likely only significant employer of kids in the area, was likely. What was ridiculous was the code (super secret Russian base in the US uses a code that can be cracked by kids with a pencil?), and the Russians in general, who felt cartoonish to me. Cartoon villains, with an evil Dr and an evil leering commandant. Loved the series, hated the Russians (not that they were there, just how badly they were done).

The show is about eighties nostalgia, growing up drama, comedy and trying to avoid being eaten by monsters. The solving mysteries part has always been quite poorly done and a bit silly.

Not sure you can separate the mysteries from the monsters, they're one and the same. Anyway if you're gonna dissect it to that degree, the getting eaten by monsters from another dimension bit is easily the silliest part.

I'm not suprised you didn't rate the first 7 eps of this season, waaaaay over thinking it.

Exactly. Whole season was clearly heavily inspired by Red Dawn.
I think maybe the difference between mad scientist in the first and Russian meatbus in the third was the Russian had no real story so who cares. The Russian physicist played that part.

I think maybe the difference between mad scientist in the first and Russian meatbus in the third was the Russian had no real story so who cares. The Russian physicist played that part.

Yeah, antagonist in season 1 was always gonna have a bit more weight thanks to the actor (Modine) and story integration (relationship with Eleven).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back