Preview Melbourne vs. West Coast Eagles (TP), Sun Jul 21, 2:50PM // PREVIEW AFL Rd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melbourne-vs-WCE.png

709527 709528

Date​
Venue​
Home v Away Teams​
Result​
High Disposals​
High Goals​
Round 9, 17 May 2019​
Optus Stadium​
West Coast defeats Melbourne​
85-69​
S. Hurn 33
D. Sheed 33​
J. Kennedy 4​
Preliminary Final, 22 Sep 2018​
Optus Stadium​
121-55​
J. Redden 31​
J. Kennedy 4​
Round 22, 19 Aug 2018​
Optus Stadium​
West Coast defeated by Melbourne​
91-108​
D. Sheed 31​
J. Melksham 4​
Round 14, 24 Jun 2017​
Domain Stadium​
West Coast defeated by Melbourne​
96-99​
J. Viney 38​
T. McDonald 5​
Round 18, 23 Jul 2016​
Domain Stadium​
66-60​
N. Jones 34​
J. Kennedy 3
J. Garlett 3​
Round 14, 4 Jul 2015​
TIO Stadium​
Melbourne defeated by West Coast​
60-114​
N. Jones 29​
J. Darling 5​
Round 22, 23 Aug 2014​
Domain Stadium​
119-53​
B. Vince 34​
M. Lecras 4
J. Kennedy 4​
Round 2, 30 Mar 2014​
MCG​
30-123​
N. Jones 34​
J. Kennedy 4​
Round 3, 13 Apr 2013​
MCG​
83-177​
C. Masten 39​
J. Kennedy 5
J. Darling 5​
Round 2, 7 Apr 2012​
Domain Stadium​
166-58​
C. Masten 34
S. Selwood 34​
M. Clark 5​

http://bit.ly/BFKayoFree
Stream AFL Live to any device - 14 days free

Last edited:
Nervous about this one. Always unpredictable at those unfamiliar grounds. I hope we take it seriously, like it's a final, and come away with a belting win.

Just think, by Saturday evening, before you even play, you will be below Carlton on the ladder.
Eagles went from a wooden spoon to a Top 4 side just a few seasons ago...

... I reckon we're a chance at going Bottom 4 to a premiership. No better way to GUARANTEE some talent than some of those top end draft picks!! Could grab ourselves another Clayton Oliver!!!

Eagles went from a wooden spoon to a Top 4 side just a few seasons ago...

... I reckon we're a chance at going Bottom 4 to a premiership. No better way to GUARANTEE some talent than some of those top end draft picks!! Could grab ourselves another Clayton Oliver!!!
Good, you can never have too many players squirting around the packs and falling over with the slightest non-contact.

Got a sick feeling we might utensil this one up.
You utensil this up and you might as well just wave a white flag and drop out of the 8. We are so bad that even if you did utensil it up you’d probably still win. Put it this way; Carlton beat Gold Coast and you beat us and we are second last with 5 weeks to go with games to come against St Kilda (never win), Sydney (won’t win), Collingwood (now I am laughing), Richmond (now I am laughing a lot harder), and North (getting my cherry and putting it on my cake).

So basically we should finish second last with a win against GC by a point. Lose to us and you deserved to be laughed away to WA.

You utensil this up and you might as well just wave a white flag and drop out of the 8. We are so bad that even if you did utensil it up you’d probably still win. Put it this way; Carlton beat Gold Coast and you beat us and we are second last with 5 weeks to go with games to come against St Kilda (never win), Sydney (won’t win), Collingwood (now I am laughing), Richmond (now I am laughing a lot harder), and North (getting my cherry and putting it on my cake).

So basically we should finish second last with a win against GC by a point. Lose to us and you deserved to be laughed away to WA.
I was thinking more that we're playing in Alice Springs, we look like a tired team at the moment, and some decent injury concerns to important players, although Melbourne also have the same issues. After this week we have North at home, and Carlton at Marvel. Any loss from our next three games and I'd almost put a line through us.

I wish this game was at the MCG. 😒

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Classic danger game. Collingwood game was a close fought battle against a top 4 contender, no surprise we lost and I wasn't too cut up about it, but this is a game where we expect to win, and win easily, against an opponent that has the talent and potential to rip apart teams.

The annoying thing about Melbourne is that while they are awful, somewhere deep down they are capable of not being awful.

We cocked up last week and let a lead slip so if the Dees could continue being awful for just one more game that would be super.
have a feeling that this will play out similar to our last meeting and similar to quite a few of our games this year.

We will be right in the game for most of it but will * it up with poor ball use and/or kicking for goal.

This has West Coasg by somewhere between 14-23 point written all over it

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Actually think the Demons are a sneaky chance here. Unfamiliar environment, no NicNat vs. Gawn and Preuss. The question is where the goals will come from for Melbourne, but if they can gain ascendancy in the midfield and give themselves every chance with inside 50 entries, they might be able to pinch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back