Random Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Cool. I’ve tried brushing their teeth myself, but they didn’t appreciate it very much, to say the least. Not very successful.
I wouldn’t say our dog loved it but tolerated it I guess. also the weird double brush toothbrush helped a lot.

Has anyone had their dogs teeth cleaned by a vet? (Under anaesthetic)
I’m thinking of getting my two done, as they are a bit yellow in spots.
They are both 10, but in perfect health.

Yep done it once and need to get it done again expensive

One tip I can give is give them a dry food that is really chunky so they have to really chew it better for the teeth

Well they should get raw bone too from as young as possible. I can't imagine putting my dog through a general just to have teeth cleaned.

Has anyone had their dogs teeth cleaned by a vet? (Under anaesthetic)
I’m thinking of getting my two done, as they are a bit yellow in spots.
They are both 10, but in perfect health.
At that age I wouldn't do it unless there were problems with pain.

Preface this upfront by saying she's 100% fine.

My dog got hit by a car tonight, we were out walking and she got thorns in her paws and while I was pulling them out she slipped her harness and took off. The car was probably only going 40km/h and braked but it still hit her flush.

I have been beside myself for 2 hours with panic but staggeringly she's walking away with minor bruising. Hug your fur friends tight tonight, I know i will be.

She normally sleeps in the ensuite but I pulled her bed on the floor next to the bed last night. Woke up every couple hours to make sure she was ok.

Woke up at 4 and she was gone. Checked the ensuite and she'd dragged the blankets from her bed into the ensuite. Think she got sick of me checking her.

She normally sleeps in the ensuite but I pulled her bed on the floor next to the bed last night. Woke up every couple hours to make sure she was ok.

Woke up at 4 and she was gone. Checked the ensuite and she'd dragged the blankets from her bed into the ensuite. Think she got sick of me checking her.

Mate this all sounds like a nightmare. I'm really sorry you're all going through this.

Gee Dad, I only got hit by a car, I said I'm fine. Now leave me alone, I'm tired.

Having said that, dogs will do their best to not show pain so good thing you're checking I reckon.

Really glad she’s ok boncer34

My old boy Angus. He's a Kelpie/Wolfhound.

Named after Angus Monfries.

He turns 9 in a few weeks, starting to slow down now, but still gets completely jazzed every time I visit him at Mum and Dad's house.

13177807_242088752821259_2743904324883954725_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My little sister adopted this wonderful creature about a year ago.

An ex racing greyhound called... Brendan?
Naturally we changed his name to Ted because Brendan is a bizarre name for a dog.

He's an absolute chicken but loves ear scratches as long as he doesn't run away from you when youre coming.

Screenshot_20190710-095318_Instagram.jpg

My little sister adopted this wonderful creature about a year ago.

An ex racing greyhound called... Brendan?
Naturally we changed his name to Ted because Brendan is a bizarre name for a dog.

He's an absolute chicken but loves ear scratches as long as he doesn't run away from you when youre coming.

View attachment 706579
We used to have a half Alsatian half greyhound named Harry with those exact markings.

Beerfish doug85 VelvetSledge Runk Pweter dnbassador and anyone else who has had experience.

What'd ya know about pet insurance
Well....when rex are my Blundstone boots last Christmas I wish we had got it. $3000 later and a serious payment plan with ‘Vetpay’ and the whole thing was just crazy stressful. We’ve paid off what we owed since.

Perhaps I’m the last person to ask but I know we wished we had it at the time. You never know what those idiots are going to eat.

Beerfish doug85 VelvetSledge Runk Pweter dnbassador and anyone else who has had experience.

Truth be known I've never owned a dog.

My old man grew up on a farm so believes dogs need space, therefore we never had one when I was a kid as we lived in town. I then rented for 10 or so years in Adelaide in "no pets" houses, and now my wife isn't a dog person. I love them though. Many of my friends growing up had them and some of my friends in Adelaide have them now and I always make a bit of time for the dogs when visiting.

As such, I can't provide any tangible feedback here however I guess it's a situation where you need to weigh up the insurance cost against the risk of needing major medical treatment for your dog in the future which ain't cheap. If you can afford it then it's peace of mind, if it's borderline affordable, that's where the decision becomes tough.

Not a hell of a lot, we went through RSPCA for our insurance because my sister works there. I think we have a limit of $11,000 per year with 80% reimbursement and no excess. This covers accidents and illnesses.

You get a discount if you have multiple pets on the policy too; I think it's only 10% but it all counts at the end of the day.

We pay for the Ultimate Cover level only because Angus is 9 next week and older big dogs generally have more problems, plus Greyhounds have well documented health issues with their joints and hips. I'd find that the basic cover would be enough for most normal inside dogs, which allows you to claim $7k a year. Only thing is it doesn't cover illnesses, only accidents.

EDIT: Maybe I do know a bit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back