Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Mine are frivolous reports, though.
No I meant I report all your posts. I don’t report your reports. Though if it was possible to report reports I would consider it.

When someone disagrees with or criticizes the mods: "please understand why we're always right".

No one is saying that you have to agree and can't be pissed off about it (you can even vent to another poster in a PM :rainbow:), but the final decision is final, and is not open to public debate.

For some reason, I was always under the impression that we were allowed to comment freely on the main board within our club board, and that our club mods will look after the integrity of this board. I guess that was an incorrect assumption - although I think it is how it should work. The battles and biases on the mainboard are comment-worthy, and the moderation subjected to same is also comment-worthy. This is a place we retreat to for a bit of support when things get ugly on the other boards. I guess we all know now - comment on mods and you risk a ban.

The bolded is absolutely fair game, the MB has a variety of threads and perspectives that often cause serious disagreement and can upset people. Serial haters or overall trends/frustrations are fine for discussion and critique.

At one time or another though, supporters of every team feel they're getting a raw deal on the MB, it's the nature of that forum and is not unique to this one instance. The mods don't set out with an agenda though, unlike on a team board where their mandate is to be more tolerant of the locals than a visitor. As such, complaints and criticisms of their moderation are generally nothing more than unnecessary cheap shots that can breed wider (and often unfair) resentment of an individual moderator. Zero tolerance of that is a blanket rule across the site that protects all mods (including those on here who keep this board free of trolls after a bad loss) from public criticism simply for fulfilling an unpaid role.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
No I meant I report all your posts. I don’t report your reports. Though if it was possible to report reports I would consider it.

You could hire a Bangladeshi kid to report all my posts and it'd only cost you about 7 cents per day. Considering outsourcing.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
You could hire a Bangladeshi kid to report all my posts and it'd only cost you about 7 cents per day. Considering outsourcing.
I pressed reply without having a reply.

Ignore this post and I will double back and flick you a like instead.

stabler

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Guarantee the following happens next week -->

Alan Richardson is sacked after Saints lose to dogs -->

Brett Ratten appointed interim coach of St Kilda (and eventual full time senior coach) -->

Brett Ratten coaches Saints to victory over hapless dees in his first game -->

Simon Goodwin gives "full credit" to st Kilda in post match press conference.

Prove me wrong, footy gods.

Dec 15, 2008
Voyager 1
AFL Club
Melbourne

Brett Ratten appointed interim coach of St Kilda (and eventual full time senior coach) -->

Geez, you've gone way out on that limb there 'stabler'.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers

That's obviously why they've been waiting to pull the trigger, save it for when they'll get the most bang for their buck.

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants

Goodwin sacked after saints loss

Pert signs Richardson to 5 year deal

We avoided that mess by a week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stabler

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

Dammit! undone a week too soon.

Well at least my last three points are still a realistic shot.

Dancing Potato

Premiership Player
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Our season summarised in a couple of stats. Simon 'Contested Possesion' Goodwin hard at work here.

Also of note - Viney is ranked as one of the worst ball users. Oliver also not rated well.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Our season summarised in a couple of stats. Simon 'Contested Possesion' Goodwin hard at work here.

Also of note - Viney is ranked as one of the worst ball users. Oliver also not rated well.

Champion data can suck but stuff like that is a great insight. It shows how far our obsession with pure contested ball numbers has made us fall

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Just on AFL 360. We have played top 8 sides 18 times in seasons 2018 and 2019 and only won twice. West Coast and GWS in the last 2 games last season. Not good enough really!
I think the soft draws in 17 and 18 hid a lot of deficiencies, but for an 8 week period at the end of last year it’s been mediocre at best looking back, the team have been the ultimate flat track bullies, combined with inept coaching and poor off field decisions, I have a horrible feeling we may have to get used to this. It looks more and more like the club has completely overrated the list, time will tell

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think the soft draws in 17 and 18 hid a lot of deficiencies, but for an 8 week period at the end of last year it’s been mediocre at best looking back, the team have been the ultimate flat track bullies, combined with inept coaching and poor off field decisions, I have a horrible feeling we may have to get used to this. It looks more and more like the club has completely overrated the list, time will tell

It really sucks but looking back on it we got pretty lucky last year:

- barely beat the Eagles without Kennedy/Darling
- roll GWS who never turn up at the MCG, they also didn't have a lot to play for
- geelong traditionally s**t the bed in finals and we jumped them in the first qtr
- hawthorn 2018 probably the worst top 4 side of the last 10 years

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
It really sucks but looking back on it we got pretty lucky last year:

- barely beat the Eagles without Kennedy/Darling
- roll GWS who never turn up at the MCG, they also didn't have a lot to play for
- geelong traditionally s**t the bed in finals and we jumped them in the first qtr
- hawthorn 2018 probably the worst top 4 side of the last 10 years
Yep totally agree, the big worry is that the end of last year was the anomaly and not what’s happened this year. It looks more and more like the level of talent has been completely misjudged by me included. I don’t think we are as far away as 2012 but I’m getting a strong feeling we are nowhere near as close as I thought we were at the end of last year.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yep totally agree, the big worry is that the end of last year was the anomaly and not what’s happened this year. It looks more and more like the level of talent has been completely misjudged by me included. I don’t think we are as far away as 2012 but I’m getting a strong feeling we are nowhere near as close as I thought we were at the end of last year.

I think we've got a talented core group but if its to win a flag there still needs to be a lot of changes. We need a complete forwardline revamp and they need to sort out WTF they are doing with the midfield and wing positions. Clubs have completely figured us out this year, our contested ball obsession has killed us. Every coach in the comp would know you're fine to concede the ball to Melbourne because you're very likely to get it back, and they don't defend well as a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back