Rd 18 - Carlton v Gold Coast - Sat 20th July 2:10pm(EST) @ Marvel - Updated Team Post #509

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I understand - he can be nominated, but cannot win the award.

EDIT - https://www.afl.com.au/news/event-news/nab-afl-rising-star/history
"Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the AFL Rising Star Award, each year's nominated players must be under the age of 21 at 1 January and have played no more than 10 AFL games to the start of that season.

They must not have been suspended by the AFL or State League tribunals during the season (as with the Brownlow Medal, players found guilty of certain offences and fined or reprimanded by the Tribunal remain eligible to win the award)."

I put money on setterfield after our 1st pre-season game and cashed out when he was suspended - I remember looking into the rules then - luckily sportsbet didnt alter the odds on time and I managed to basically break even.
Correct, he can be nominated but cannot win it.

Been to the Great Northern a few times. Great place to watch the footy, and has a good beer garden as well

Yep Great Northern has gotten the nod from mates. Would love to check out someplace new but the decision is made.

I just can't see how Lang can be picked above a player like De Luca.
De Luca appears to have more speed, stronger, can tackle.
Is it just experience? What I am missing?
I beleive they are giving lang opportunities to prove he has a place on the list next year, deluca has all next year to show his wares, although i would like him to be at least given a taste at some point this year.

Been to the Great Northern a few times. Great place to watch the footy, and has a good beer garden as well
Great Northern is a Great pub for footy. The one pub we go to with the kids and with mates and it manages to handle both easy. The rose in Fitzroy is also good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant help but keep feeling this game for some reason is one of the more significant we have had for years. We win, it genuinely solidifies recent progess and suggests a real change in all things of the last few years. We lose and all goes out the window and some. Back to the canvas and questioning everything starts again from all corners.

Cant help but keep feeling this game for some reason is one of the more significant we have had for years. We win, it genuinely solidifies recent progess and suggests a real change in all things of the last few years. We lose and all goes out the window and some. Back to the canvas and questioning everything starts again from all corners.
You’re sounding like a Richmond fan who would always be scared they’d get rolled in the last even though being up by 5 goals (the old Richmond).

Don’t worry, we will s**t it in.

I'm hoping we select Deluca this week....not sure who the out would be....but we recruited him as an inside mid to extract the pill from the stoppages, not as an added extra for the NB's.
Perfect opportunity to give him a run in a team coming off a good win.

I'm hoping we select Deluca this week....not sure who the out would be....but we recruited him as an inside mid to extract the pill from the stoppages, not as an added extra for the NB's.
Perfect opportunity to give him a run in a team coming off a good win.
I’d like to see Ed,Murph and Crippa left alone in the middle. They are killing it.

I’d like to see Ed,Murph and Crippa left alone in the middle. They are killing it.
Can't argue that at all, they are smashing it....but all the better for rotating him through the guts to compliment this combo.
What's the point of bringing him into the club for the last half of the season if we can't assess his capabilities?

I blame Mal Fraser
The Australian Metric Conversion Act was given assent on 12 June 1970, at which time John Gorton was Prime Minister. A gradual conversion took place, starting from 1971. By 1973, all schools were teaching/using the metric system alone. Thus ends today's history lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back