Preview See Ya 2019, Bring On 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
With a miracle needed to play finals in 2019 we should look and hope does happen in 2020.
Here is things I like to see happen you find some spots vacant maybe North bigfooty supporters would like to fill the blanks in.
1:A win in Round 1.
2:A Double Header of away games in Queensland in late June early July to get out of the cold and wet of Victoria.
Now North supporters you may start to fill in the blanks.
Chairman-?
CEO-?
Directors-Maybe Scanlon that's it
Manager of Media Relations-Heath
Head of Recruiting-?
Football Manager-Brady Rawlings
Director of Coaching-?
Head Coach-Rhys Shaw
Assistants Coaches-?
Captain-Jack Ziebull
Now let's see if we can fill in the question marks or you may want to add to this😁

So the outside chance for a finals berth seemingly got Tipungwutied on Saturday. There's still plenty to play for (might even get Majak's comeback match before season end), but in the big picture, 2019 will likely go down as one of our more schizophrenic years in our history. Maj's struggles and remarkable recovery. The bottom-of-the-ladder horrors to taking the comp by storm. The demise of Brad and the emergence of Rhyce. Media talk of rebuilding a hopeless squad then 4 Rising Star nominees. The debilitating injuries to some kids (EVW, WW, Scott, Hayden) and the form of others (TT, Simpkin, Zurhaar, Larkey, LDU). From soft easy beats to hard bastards.

Just reading the articles on WW and BJ can feel the club has shifted its tone in anticipation for next season. I reckon that our hopes for a final's push was seen as dependent on beating * and we are now in the position of playing out this season with an eye to 2020.

Question to all, 'finals as mathematic possibility' aside, what would you like to see in the rest of the year to set ourselves up for 2020? ie. who and when of coach decision, other footy department or club changes, squad departures, team selections, etc

Primarily I want to see us maintain our pressure game. It's been a genuine joy to watch us play since Rhyce took over and I hope that the pressure and physicality continues for the rest of this season and into next. It should be what our gameplan is built on.

I'd like to see LDU, Jy & Ahern play a lot of midfield minutes between now and the end of the season. Ideally these three will be key components of our on ball brigade moving forward, so lets give them as much experience in there as we can.

Finally, I'd love to see Maj play AFL this season. It would provide a real highlight for the fans and Maj himself. If it doesn't happen for whatever reason, fair enough. I'd just love to see it this season rather than next.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2019 - *scum to miss the 8, Lions win surprise flag like the Tigers of old and Sons of the west

Gaff, Martyn, DeGoey, Kelly say they all want to come ( Rhyce says f**k u )

2020 - We continue being the hardest nuts in the comp. and flag no.5 is landed with this years 4 rising stars and next years 5 ( up yours Terry )

Primarily I want to see us maintain our pressure game. It's been a genuine joy to watch us play since Rhyce took over and I hope that the pressure and physicality continues for the rest of this season and into next. It should be what our gameplan is built on.

I'd like to see LDU, Jy & Ahern play a lot of midfield minutes between now and the end of the season. Ideally these three will be key components of our on ball brigade moving forward, so lets give them as much experience in there as we can.

Finally, I'd love to see Maj play AFL this season. It would provide a real highlight for the fans and Maj himself. If it doesn't happen for whatever reason, fair enough. I'd just love to see it this season rather than next.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Maintain the pressure style, no blowouts in Brisbane, Perth and Geelong, and at least 3 more wins against Hawthorn, Port and Dees.
Yep, a competitive end to the season is crucial to taking momentum into the pre-season, especially with the coaching change process. And seeing Maj play against the Hawks would be a great way to enjoy our last home (Melb) game for the year.

To be honest, we wouldn't have made the finals even if we won on the weekend. I am fairly certain that 13 wins would have been required with our %, while even 12 would seem unlikely with our draw. But beating * was still a must, especially to do so by a point! * me...

2019 - *scum to miss the 8, Lions win surprise flag like the Tigers of old and Sons of the west

2020 - We continue being the hardest nuts in the comp. and flag no.5 is landed with this years 4 rising stars and next years 5 ( up yours Terry )
Not sure if there is more pleasure in seeing the *Scum miss the 8 or scrape in to the eight only to get smashed in the elimination final to continue their no finals wins since the moon landing (or thereabouts).

Every one of them has missed chunks of footy this year. Hit by the Karma bus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep doing what we’ve been doing under Rhyce. Brisbane, West Coast and Geelong all away are massive challenges but also great learning experiences for the young brigade. Go out and show us what you can do against the best on their turf and see how we measure up. Come back bigger and better in 2020.

As for the coaching appointment it can wait until the end of the H&A season now. There’s zero reason to make the call early for mine. It almost feels inevitable it’s going to be Rhyce anyway so he already has a head start.

Pretty excited about where we’re headed with this group.

1, Complete recovery's for Ben Jacobs, Will Walker, Bailey Scott, Ed Vickers-Willis, in time for 2020 Utah trip/Pre season training.

2, Ben Brown to win Coleman medal.

3, Continue with our current brand of hard, pressure (shinboner) footy until seasons end, and establish our "new brand" for next year.

We SHOULD have been playing finals this year.

Based upon the current football, if we don't have major injury issues, we play finals in 2020.

We SHOULD have been playing finals this year.

Based upon the current football, if we don't have major injury issues, we play finals in 2020.
I'd suggest we keep our powder dry!
I recall a lot of posters during the off season declaring we'd spiflicate Freo in Round 1 and look how that turned out...

I'd suggest we keep our powder dry!
I recall a lot of posters during the off season declaring we'd spiflicate Freo in Round 1 and look how that turned out...

Who could have foretold that the coach was going to go insane?

Excluding Kelly, I have heard from a very reliable source, if Shaw was coaching us, one of those players would be playing for north now.

It wasn’t a case of Shaw being coach, just not the other guy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back