2019 NBA Offseason Thread - Free Agency starts 6 p.m. ET on June 30

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So because I'm hitting the reverse sweep well in the nets I should pull it out at the world cup for the first time ever in a game?

He's not reinventing the wheel. He'll be playing against average teams in the qualifiers. So why not let him try out his shot.

You're making it out like he's doing something he's never done before.

The best time for him to practice his shots in game situations is when Philly are up or down 20 points in an 82 game season. Not a 7 game world cup while representing his country.

Yeah because NBA teams wouldn't smash some of the national teams there.

He's good? At jump shots? No hes not. So by taking them in world cup matches he would definitely be derailing the team.
I hear Aron Baynes has been dribbling well at practice. Maybe he should bring the ball up at the WC?

He's good at being a world class X factor baller. If he takes a few mid range jumpers or 3 attempts during the tournament he's not going to derail the team.

Saying he would is utterly ridiculous.

He's not reinventing the wheel. He'll be playing against average teams in the qualifiers. So why not let him try out his shot.

You're making it out like he's doing something he's never done before.

He's good at being a world class X factor baller. If he takes a few mid range jumpers or 3 attempts during the tournament he's not going to derail the team.

Saying he would is utterly ridiculous.

Thats because he pretty much has never taken a long jumpshot in a professional game before.
He's played what 150 games of NBA and taken less than 10 mid-long jumpers.

Point being he wont be 'practicing' long jump shots in world cup matches (even if he was playing). Full stop. Ever. End of story.

If he played he'd be doing what he's good at. Getting to the rim, finding open players etc.

That's an interesting hypothetical. Would an NBA team defeat an international team. Perhaps undoubtably the likes of angola 🇦🇴 , Estonia 🇪🇪 and smaller nations maybe like Mali 🇲🇱 .

Spain or France could give say the knicks a wake up call

The Raptors side that just won the title would beat Australia imo.

FIBA rules or NBA rules?

I think in this contest/hypothetical all international players should be removed, NBA teams vs national team Super World Championship. Henceforth:

C: Monroe
F: Moreland
F: Miles/Miller
G:McCaw/Meeks/Powell/Richardson
G: Lin/Lowry/Loyd/Van Vleet/Wright

vs

Boomers

Thats because he pretty much has never taken a long jumpshot in a professional game before.
He's played what 150 games of NBA and taken less than 10 mid-long jumpers.

Point being he wont be 'practicing' long jump shots in world cup matches (even if he was playing). Full stop. Ever. End of story.

If he played he'd be doing what he's good at. Getting to the rim, finding open players etc.

He's not taking them because he's a total pussy right now.

Nobody is saying he has to become a dead eye jump shooter. But if he's open and he's ten ft out don't be an utter squib and pass the shot up.

Anthony Davis will be a free agent next offseason and was asked whether he envisions himself remaining with the Los Angeles Lakers "for years and years to come."
The Lakers mortgaged their entire draft future in order to acquire Davis from the New Orleans Pelicans.
"I'm just focused on this season," said Davis to ESPN's Rachel Nichols. "I don't know what's going to happen. I have one year here, so I'm going make the best of this year. And when that time comes around in the summer or, you know, whenever the season's over -- hopefully, around, you know, mid-June, after we just had a parade, and I need a couple days to think -- then we can talk about that. But until then, I'm trying to do whatever I can to help this team win this year."
Davis also revealed that Rob Pelinka called him "every 30 to 45 minutes" during free agency.
"Rob would call me: 'AD, what you think about him?' 'All right, cool.' Right back, 'AD, you know, this is what is going on with him.' 'All right, cool. All right.' Sometimes I had to tell him, like, 'Rob, I'm in the movies.' He'd be, like, 'All right, well, call me as soon as you get out.' But we're trying to put the best team around us, and I think he did a great job of doing it."

Davis back to Pelicans confirmed.

He's not a raptor therefore not eligible for the Toronto Raptors vs Australia Mens National Team (AMNT) basketball world challenge.
I thought that fact the post said "that just won the title" would not mean the team is it is right now, but instead the one that as at Game 6 of the NBA Finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anthony Davis will be a free agent next offseason and was asked whether he envisions himself remaining with the Los Angeles Lakers "for years and years to come."
The Lakers mortgaged their entire draft future in order to acquire Davis from the New Orleans Pelicans.
"I'm just focused on this season," said Davis to ESPN's Rachel Nichols. "I don't know what's going to happen. I have one year here, so I'm going make the best of this year. And when that time comes around in the summer or, you know, whenever the season's over -- hopefully, around, you know, mid-June, after we just had a parade, and I need a couple days to think -- then we can talk about that. But until then, I'm trying to do whatever I can to help this team win this year."
Davis also revealed that Rob Pelinka called him "every 30 to 45 minutes" during free agency.
"Rob would call me: 'AD, what you think about him?' 'All right, cool.' Right back, 'AD, you know, this is what is going on with him.' 'All right, cool. All right.' Sometimes I had to tell him, like, 'Rob, I'm in the movies.' He'd be, like, 'All right, well, call me as soon as you get out.' But we're trying to put the best team around us, and I think he did a great job of doing it."

Davis back to Pelicans confirmed.

Noted that with interest. One year here....

Enes kanter uses irvings exact first line prior to chosing the #11 lmao.

lol noticed that too. subtle jab!

Interesting how during the presser no one refered to kyrie by name. Only as "the last point guard we had". Savage. I know I was skeptical when he signed with your mob despite the hoopla and talk of a title. Turns out I am right :D

490f3fa0-a8d4-11e9-b9ef-ba91ef48b578

lol noticed that too. subtle jab!

Interesting how during the presser no one refered to kyrie by name. Only as "the last point guard we had". Savage. I know I was skeptical when he signed with your mob despite the hoopla and talk of a title. Turns out I am right :D

490f3fa0-a8d4-11e9-b9ef-ba91ef48b578
And to tell an audience that if we will have him he plans to re-sign.
He got what he deserved from that presser.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I dont have an issue with Benny Simmo sitting out the world cup if that's what he wants to do. Sure, playing exhibition games is somewhat odd, but he'll be doing that for his branding.

If the stars align, his practicing during the WC will help him become a better player, and then come olympics shall contribute and perform and help the national team to a medal.
I agree its to do with branding why Ben plays, but I think that's a good thing as he commited to playing at the time the tickets were put on sale and that was a contributing factor to why the tickets were sold at a very high price for one off basketball games. I could be wrong but it might be as simple as he wants to honour the commitment he made to Basketball Australia and aussie basketball fans. His thanked aussies for their support numerous times recently. While some media 'experts' and rival nba fans savaged Philly for signing him to the max he can sign for at this point in his career, he gets pretty much nothing but positive feedback from Australian fans. Just by the way it could be me but it baffles me as why do the so called nba experts on American cable tv are so savage on every team that's not the one or two favourites every year. They pretty much never talk about what emerging teams are doing or who might be contending for the latter playoff spots. Instead it always doom and gloom. I like Barkley ,but cmon having a go at Embid for not working hard enough when he's in better shape than Chuck was for all but his prime years already.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back