List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wadsworth

Fold the Eagles
Jul 21, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Wonder what the Saints board think Acres is worth right now :think:

If you ask me his value is probably at the lower end of the spectrum for him, unless he has a strong finish to the year.

View attachment 710741

Coach sacked, usual story with him being injured, not finding a consistent role in the team, thrown around a bit.

Surely they'd be open to the idea considering he hasn't really established himself and they have very few picks this year.

Averages 0.6 hit outs a game. I wonder if he could be an upgrade in the ruck. Everyone knows we need to upgrade the ruck.

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
Apr 8, 2016
Vietnam
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
SPP too much of a liability...
View attachment 710699
No thanks.....👎
I just don't get this being a disqualifying "issue". His other "incident" with the girl in the pub was far more serious and could be disqualifying but this?? If it was him and his GF and she isn't upset, there is no issue. Look at that horrendous photo of Nathan Wilson and his Mrs and, whilst ridiculed, there was no outrage. Dusty can do an underwear commercial and be wearing exactly the same, no outrage. To me, this is a non-issue, although other things may be more serious.

May 12, 2006
Moe's Tavern
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Bristol Rovers
I just don't get this being a disqualifying "issue". His other "incident" with the girl in the pub was far more serious and could be disqualifying but this?? If it was him and his GF and she isn't upset, there is no issue. Look at that horrendous photo of Nathan Wilson and his Mrs and, whilst ridiculed, there was no outrage. Dusty can do an underwear commercial and be wearing exactly the same, no outrage. To me, this is a non-issue, although other things may be more serious.

He doesn't fit our clean cut no dickhead policy.

Apr 8, 2016
Vietnam
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
He doesn't fit our clean cut no dickhead policy.
That may well be true but I back in our culture generally. A lot of young guys are complete idiots, particularly when they get "fame" and fortune. The question is whether he has matured or can mature. We have had plenty of players with "issues" that have matured well and no further incidents. Masten, Darling (non-issue, issue), Gov, Ryan (so far), Embley etc... I am not sure we can write off all players that have behaved like a dickhead at 18 or 19. Look at Mitch Robinson for Brissie (he has been a great pick up for them). That said, the incident in the bar was potentially disqualifying subject to not knowing the facts and if he is a complete dickhead, fine with not getting him. But as a footballer, I would take him. His disposal doesn't really bother me as I think we can cover one bloke with dodgy disposal if he has other attributes we lack (like being a bull at the contest).

Apr 29, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
So we have just had a dull posting session on Hickey.

The trade was as follows:
View attachment 710594

Assuming current positions are maintained and forgetting the points that will be in play and compo picks(effective for both years), that means we have traded for a pretty close replacement for Lycett and received pick 19 for compensation and paid out pick 57 for Hickey and saved a bunch of salary cap.

View attachment 710593

we turned the Lycett pick into O'Neill and Williams I think with the Swans trade.

And the 39 we gave to Saints would have had to be used on Cameron if we kept it, and who we got using points from later picks anyway.

So effectively we turned Lycett into Hickey, O'Neill, Williams and swapped 4ths with the Saints.

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Need to change our list age profile and free up some salary cap .

Out - masten schofield mutimer Fraze
Vardy - salary dump to gws for nothing as they will let coniglio go as a FA

In coniglio FA acres ( our 2nd ) 1st , sydneys 2nd and jeremy goddard ( next available pick )

For rucks we will have nicnat hickey brooksby goddard and pinch hitters Oallen and williams

Tall defence we have Gov barrass rotham brander Oallen and edwards developing.

Masten gets replaced by acres
Coniglio just adds another gun mid .
2 picks in the top 25

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Need to change our list age profile and free up some salary cap .

Out - masten schofield mutimer Fraze
Vardy - salary dump to gws for nothing as they will let coniglio go as a FA

In coniglio FA acres ( our 2nd ) 1st , sydneys 2nd and jeremy goddard ( next available pick )

For rucks we will have nicnat hickey brooksby goddard and pinch hitters Oallen and williams

Tall defence we have Gov barrass rotham brander Oallen and edwards developing.

Masten gets replaced by acres
Coniglio just adds another gun mid .
2 picks in the top 25
Can you explain the Vardy salary dump to GWS?

Re Cogs and RFA. GWS said they would not hold a player against their will, the wording of their statement left the compensation question deliberately blank. Apart from the injury question marked Sculley, GWS have extracted pretty good currency for their players that leave.

Your draft is predicated on getting Cogs for free which is not how I am expecting it to fall out. If I was in GWS list management, I would want Brander at a discount (traded as a late second rounder) and the first round compo pick from the AFL as a bare minimum.

Nov 15, 2013
Here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes
Wonder what the Saints board think Acres is worth right now :think:

If you ask me his value is probably at the lower end of the spectrum for him, unless he has a strong finish to the year.

View attachment 710741

Coach sacked, usual story with him being injured, not finding a consistent role in the team, thrown around a bit.

Surely they'd be open to the idea considering he hasn't really established himself and they have very few picks this year.
May be thrown around a bit here too as another back up . It is his home state and trust Simmo to get the best out of him eventually . Redden, Jetta , took a year ot 2 to settle and AhChee is good back up .

LittleGreekGod

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

Re Cogs and RFA. GWS said they would not hold a player against their will, the wording of their statement left the compensation question deliberately blank. Apart from the injury question marked Sculley, GWS have extracted pretty good currency for their players that leave.

Your draft is predicated on getting Cogs for free which is not how I am expecting it to fall out. If I was in GWS list management, I would want Brander at a discount (traded as a late second rounder) and the first round compo pick from the AFL as a bare minimum.
I think we are barking up the wrong tree in chasing high profile players via trade. The cost is too much and will effect our drafting and trading for years beyond this season.
The time has never been better to use our status as reigning premiers to attract some disgruntled Eastern staters who are wallowing in underperforming teams.
I have mentioned Steel from the Saints.
Or similar type players may be enticed to venture West with the right deal

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Early on his disposal was actually pretty good ( Same can be said of Cerra and Brayshaw). They dont do not practice skills like we do and i bet we could turn it around.
The knock on Blakey in his draft was his disposal efficiency. I think that came from Bond007. He hasn't fixed it yet he's now 23. IMHO - too late to change

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Well its not actually a salary dump its just a way of giving them vardy for free .

Gws at this stage may end up with pick 11-12 .
So coniglio compo not horrible

Maybe even vardy as steak knives in a pick trade in gws favour

They are desperate for a ruck mumford cooked , lobb gone , simpson 16 games in 3 years also 31 , flynn just did his ACL .

Vardy is a proven afl player who is still in his prime unlike mumford or ryder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back