Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
A bit off track here but does anyone feel funny about giving money to the AFL the way they are treating fans and governing the game at the moment? Must admit I'm not happy about doing so but I do feel the AFL membership is a good product and value for money so I don't see myself giving it up which admittedly is hypocritical.
I've been an absentee member since ahh, 2017, and I really don't know where I stand.

There's something quaint and romantic about being an AFL Member all your life and regaling stories about all the good games you saw. I don't especially care about neutral Grand Finals – feels like you're robbing someone else and I'd rather drink in a pub with my best mates – but the perks of the gold is a carrot.

But yeah I'm pretty anti-corporate lately and cannot eat the s**t that is the AFL. That amphibian running the show, the entitlement of players, the industry's unethical get-out-clause of 'I'm mentally ill' when they've ****ed or snorted the wrong thing is offensive. The standard of the game is awful. Players care more about being seen as an AFL player than being a good football player. But yeah, mostly the pandering holders of the game who get involved in every social cause, disrespect fans, and treat their most valued asset – us – like the s**t of a 'behavioral awareness officer.'

Obviously living in Fremantle doesn't help the cause as opposed to my life over in Mawbs where it was a 20-minute walk to Etihad or a 40-minute walk to the MCG... or flip them... but yeah, point is it's just not really worth it.

Anyone know how to scam into scanning into a Fremantle game? Saw club allocated AFL members can go sit in the GA as part of the membership. Is there any way to do it as an absentee?

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So I just walked into ALF members and waited as 20 campaigners with paper tickets fingered their bums in line whilst I waited.

I've stood there for 10 mins whilst stupid ******* campaigners with paper and mobile tickets could not scan a simple barcode for the life of them.

I stood there for 10 mins and 100% of the people coming in had paper or mobile tickets. Inside, 100s looking bewildered, wandering around with paper tickets. Demonic Ascent, we have lost man. Afl members is dead

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yep, fat corporate slobs all getting their big docket-looking roll of tickets from the window and going in and acting like it's the best thing ever crept in about 2016.

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yep, fat corporate slobs all getting their big docket-looking roll of tickets from the window and going in and acting like it's the best thing ever crept in about 2016.
True, but the extent of it now is eye opening.

They must make a killing off the guest passes

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
Demonic Ascent https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...ecurity-adequate-at-mcg.1218004/post-61673581

As usual, the section has turned into the outer, outer. Looked pretty serious last night. No doubt not a member involved.

I had a Collingwood supporter threaten to knock me out a couple of years ago at queen's bday. I just laughed in his face but he was pretty amped.

This year at our Essendon game two complete bogans were sitting a couple of rows behind us pissed to the gills and screaming out rubbish for the whole second half (a father and daughter from what it looked like). The dad would be lucky if he had 5 teeth in his head and the daughter had a voice that sounded like she'd sucked back far too many Winnie blues and Woodstock 440s.

At Collingwood and Essendon games you might as well be stabdibg behind the Punt Rd goals or back in the outer at Vic Park or Windy Hill. The ferals are rampant.

RDFLNUT

Debutant
Jul 11, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Lions make GF, pies / tigers/ bombers don’t what chance silver club support for Brisbane get opportunity to purchase ?

Lions make GF, pies / tigers/ bombers don’t what chance silver club support for Brisbane get opportunity to purchase ?
If against the Eagles, pretty much guaranteed to have a shot.

Bring-Back-Powell

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2005
Seattle
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Mariners
I still can't over the grand final ticket allocation for non-competing Gold members last year sold out in 10 minutes.

Sure Collingwood have by far the most at approx 8,000 gold members. But what would've West Coast had? 200?

So basically 6,000 remaining tickets for non competing gold members sold out in 10 minutes.

The AFL membership and Ticketek were a disgrace with respect to last year's grand final.

Bring-Back-Powell

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2005
Seattle
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Mariners
No chance a solitary silver member will get a ticket to a Lions grand final, or any grand final for that matter except for maybe a GWS GF if nobody cares to go.

The grand final allocation for remaining gold members sold out in 10 minutes for the Collingwood V West Coast GF and 90 minutes for the Richmond V Adelaide GF.

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
I still can't over the grand final ticket allocation for non-competing Gold members last year sold out in 10 minutes.

Sure Collingwood have by far the most at approx 8,000 gold members. But what would've West Coast had? 200?

So basically 6,000 remaining tickets for non competing gold members sold out in 10 minutes.

The AFL membership and Ticketek were a disgrace with respect to last year's grand final.

Well the PF sold out that quickly, the entire reserve was gone!

Sep 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No chance a solitary silver member will get a ticket to a Lions grand final, or any grand final for that matter except for maybe a GWS GF if nobody cares to go.

The grand final allocation for remaining gold members sold out in 10 minutes for the Collingwood V West Coast GF and 90 minutes for the Richmond V Adelaide GF.
But didn't sell out at all for several years before that. At least one of those years even non competing silver got some tickets.

But didn't sell out at all for several years before that. At least one of those years even non competing silver got some tickets.
Yep, I got a ticket to Hawks vs Freo in 2013 as a non-competing club silver member.

Didn’t get a chance in 14 or 15 though and I was gold by 2016.

Silver non competing got access to Hawthorn/ West Coast. A combination of an interstate team and Hawthorn's 5th Grand final in 8 years.
yes I got excellent seats in the Silver release

juggers

Debutant
Mar 22, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
More campaigners being let into the AFL members reserve for free

So I just walked into ALF members and waited as 20 campaigners with paper tickets fingered their bums in line whilst I waited.

I've stood there for 10 mins whilst stupid ******* campaigners with paper and mobile tickets could not scan a simple barcode for the life of them.

I stood there for 10 mins and 100% of the people coming in had paper or mobile tickets. Inside, 100s looking bewildered, wandering around with paper tickets. Demonic Ascent, we have lost man. Afl members is dead
God help us next year when Marvel goes mobile only.

But most people with paper tickets are seat upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back