List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well its not actually a salary dump its just a way of giving them vardy for free .

Gws at this stage may end up with pick 11-12 .
So coniglio compo not horrible

Maybe even vardy as steak knives in a pick trade in gws favour

They are desperate for a ruck mumford cooked , lobb gone , simpson 16 games in 3 years also 31 , flynn just did his ACL .

Vardy is a proven afl player who is still in his prime unlike mumford or ryder

This is going to sound blasphemous but if it meant getting coniglio i'd give up brander and vardy for GWS 2nd rounder if it meant they didn't match. Would allow us to trade in Kelly and then potentially say Acres with our second rounder this year.

Lose brander, vardy, 2019 first, 2020 first, 2019 second.
In Coniglio, Kelly, Acres, Swans second rounder, GWS second rounder.

Keep brooksby around, pick up a developing ruck late in the draft. We could easily fit them all into the side. May even allow someone like shuey to finish up his career at HB where his skills on both feet solve that future issue temporarily as well.

Would also allow us to either drop masten completely or delist and pick up as a rookie if no-one wants him.

All completely unlikely but it's nice to dream

I believe Oscar was playing that role

Nah, on the couch highlighted it this week with replay footage, and they took potshots at JK for his diminishing stats and work rate. Mind you, the stats were horrific, and are very concerning for the run in to finals. Simmo said he would have a talk to JK - I hope he has, and that there is a reaction this weekend.

This is going to sound blasphemous but if it meant getting coniglio i'd give up brander and vardy for GWS 2nd rounder if it meant they didn't match. Would allow us to trade in Kelly and then potentially say Acres with our second rounder this year.

Lose brander, vardy, 2019 first, 2020 first, 2019 second.
In Coniglio, Kelly, Acres, Swans second rounder, GWS second rounder.

Keep brooksby around, pick up a developing ruck late in the draft. We could easily fit them all into the side. May even allow someone like shuey to finish up his career at HB where his skills on both feet solve that future issue temporarily as well.

Would also allow us to either drop masten completely or delist and pick up as a rookie if no-one wants him.

All completely unlikely but it's nice to dream
I dont want to lose brander . We would also have too many mids and most on big salaries.

Yeo shuey gaff sheed redden and coniglio would be s**t hot but it would mean redden and sheed wont get much on ball time .

Kelly would be a very expensive luxury.

Better off going for a guy like acres . Much cheaper in salary/ picks playing wing/flank who will be 26 and primed for on ball once shuey redden retire .

Seeing Kennedy struggle in recent weeks it brings things more into focus the need to have a replacement for him lined up.

Brander's been playing up the field, but I still think he's the best placed to replace JK personally.

I dont want to lose brander . We would also have too many mids and most on big salaries.

Yeo shuey gaff sheed redden and coniglio would be s**t hot but it would mean redden and sheed wont get much on ball time .

Kelly would be a very expensive luxury.

Better off going for a guy like acres . Much cheaper in salary/ picks playing wing/flank who will be 26 and primed for on ball once shuey redden retire .

I then see Redden playing hutchings role. Acres playing masten's role and Kelly and Shuey alternating between the middle and HFF. Coniglio, Yeo and one of Shuey/Kelly is our centre square start. Sort of like the days of Kerr as the super sub.

What does those 3 bring to our 22 as it stands going into next year. It moves hutchings, masten out of the side and next in line for a midfield injury/role along with development of those we have on our list.

FB Hurn Barrass Sheppard
HB Jetta Mcgovern Duggan
C Acres Coniglio Gaff
HF Kelly Darling Cripps
FF Ryan Kennedy Rioli
R Nicnat Shuey Yeo
I Hickey Sheed Redden Cole
E: Masten, Schofield, Waterman, Oallen, Hutchings, Nelson, Cameron, Petrucelle, Rotham

31 AFL level ready to go players. Coverage for small and mid sized forwards and defenders. Coverage for key talls isn't as strong however Waterman could very easily play CHF with darling at FF and Oscar as a swingman. Schofield gets another year as depth key defender/match up player and we play 2 rucks.

Yes we essentially lose 3 first round draft picks and a second round pick. However it gives us a stronger best 22, stronger depth and still leaves us with 2 second round picks in this years draft. Remembering that 4 of those players are likely off our list going into 2021 in Jetta, Kennedy, Masten and Schofield. Then likely to lose Hurn the year after.

People suggesting it leaves us short on talls moving forwards. Williams is a genuine FF/second ruck option and we'd then play dual CHF/ marking talls up the ground in the future of Allen and Waterman and thats only once darling is gone which at this stage is probably another 5 seasons away. Harry Edwards developing down back, brooksby is worthy depth as a ruck choice and Rotham in the future could very easily play third tall down back.

TBH I personally think anyone expecting a like for like Kennedy replacement is delusional. He's been our best key forward in 30 years. We're not going to pull a fully formed one straight out of our arse.

If Kennedy Retired tomorrow I'd drop one small/mid sized forward and have both Waterman and Allen in the side. It's probably the best we're going to get and targetting key talls is nigh on impossible.

TBH I personally think anyone expecting a like for like Kennedy replacement is delusional. He's been our best key forward in 30 years. We're not going to pull a fully formed one straight out of our arse.

If Kennedy Retired tomorrow I'd drop one small/mid sized forward and have both Waterman and Allen in the side. It's probably the best we're going to get and targetting key talls is nigh on impossible.

Would probably help if we actually played our next key forward saviour in the forward line rather than on a wing for starters..

Image result for shake head wtf reaction gif

Regardless of whether he stays or goes i'm genuinely curious to see if we've bundled the development of the best KPP in the 2017 draft.

I see Connor Blakey is holding off signing a new contract. He could end up being a decent mid and not wasted down back like he is at Freo.
There is a reason he is down back and it is his kicking. I cannot see him being a midfielder.

Down back, we have Shep/Barrass/Hurn then Duggs/Gov/Jets with Nelson, Cole and Rotham all ahead of Blakey. Hell, Mutimer may even be ahead of him.

So the latest from the Kelly trade thread.

Kelly is worth more than any of Gaff, Yeo, Shuey or McGovern.

I woulds say he's pretty bloody close in value to any of Gaff, Yeo or Shuey. Not much separating them at all, maybe Shuey a tad lower only due to age not output.

But there is a reason Gov is paid more than any of them.

Would probably help if we actually played our next key forward saviour in the forward line rather than on a wing for starters..

Image result for shake head wtf reaction gif

Regardless of whether he stays or goes i'm genuinely curious to see if we've bundled the development of the best KPP in the 2017 draft.

He was the best KPP player taken at pick 13 in a supposedly weak draft, when gun KPPs are generally taken top 5. So I think our expectations need to be tempered a bit.

And even the outright pre-draft KPP heroes take time to develop or don't at all... Weideman, Weitering, Schache? McCartin etc.

He's trying to break into a team stacked with tall talent and is only 20. I'd back our development, it's just going to take time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is brooksby injured or out of form? I think he'll be delisted a years end.he cant crack a game even this week!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Is brooksby injured or out of form? I think he'll be delisted a years end.he cant crack a game even this week!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I think he is seen as a last resort, use in case of bulk injuries player. Like big frase has been.

I thought he may have been selected this week but they are obviously prioritising Williams over him.

I think he is seen as a last resort, use in case of bulk injuries player. Like big frase has been.

I thought he may have been selected this week but they are obviously prioritising Williams over him.
Don’t forget Williams has had a great last month which probably puts him just ahead of Brooksby being a long term prospect

Also Club would probably like to go with one ruckmen but against Gawn, Williams offers a lot more resting forward as well.

He was the best KPP player taken at pick 13 in a supposedly weak draft, when gun KPPs are generally taken top 5. So I think our expectations need to be tempered a bit.

And even the outright pre-draft KPP heroes take time to develop or don't at all... Weideman, Weitering, Schache? McCartin etc.

He's trying to break into a team stacked with tall talent and is only 20. I'd back our development, it's just going to take time.
You missed his point, that we're playing Brander in the WAFL as a wing instead of as a key forward (or even key back), so how the hell is he even supposed to develop his game as a forward?

You missed his point, that we're playing Brander in the WAFL as a wing instead of as a key forward (or even key back), so how the hell is he even supposed to develop his game as a forward?

Hasn't he played forward, back and on the wing? It's not that dissimilar to what we've done with OA.

I take the point, but perhaps the club is genuinely unsure of where his best position is or they want to get his hands on the ball more/further build his tank. Both Brander and especially Allen were drafted with a bit of uncertainty about what end they would ultimately play at.

Iirc the club didn't expect Allen to be available at 21 and if that's the case probably didn't plan on having two young KPP jets. So that might be part of the reason why they're throwing him around, to get him into the side another way.

In hindsight, drafting one of Allen/Brander & TK would have been the perfect recruiting year.

Hasn't he played forward, back and on the wing? It's not that dissimilar to what we've done with OA.

I take the point, but perhaps the club is genuinely unsure of where his best position is or they want to get his hands on the ball more/further build his tank. Both Brander and especially Allen were drafted with a bit of uncertainty about what end they would ultimately play at.

Iirc the club didn't expect Allen to be available at 21 and if that's the case probably didn't plan on having two young KPP jets. So that might be part of the reason why they're throwing him around, to get him into the side another way.

In hindsight, drafting one of Allen/Brander & TK would have been the perfect recruiting year.
Has barely played any forward at all from what I've seen, seems to be mainly on the wing/hbf.
You'd think that if we saw him as your future JK replacement you'd actually play him in that position. Having said that I don't actually see him as a JK replacement, he reminds me of a better marking and taller Andrew Embley type.
I think he'll be a very good AFL player, but it is hard to pin down where he'll end up.

Well its not actually a salary dump its just a way of giving them vardy for free .

Gws at this stage may end up with pick 11-12 .
So coniglio compo not horrible

Maybe even vardy as steak knives in a pick trade in gws favour

They are desperate for a ruck mumford cooked , lobb gone , simpson 16 games in 3 years also 31 , flynn just did his ACL .

Vardy is a proven afl player who is still in his prime unlike mumford or ryder
Kieran Briggs was Westcoasts pick 34 as a developing ruck but GWS matched as an academy player . Looked like a star of the future .

Has barely played any forward at all from what I've seen, seems to be mainly on the wing/hbf.
You'd think that if we saw him as your future JK replacement you'd actually play him in that position. Having said that I don't actually see him as a JK replacement, he reminds me of a better marking and taller Andrew Embley type.
I think he'll be a very good AFL player, but it is hard to pin down where he'll end up.

I agree, in that is appears very unlikely Brander becomes a JK replacement. I think he plays his better footy much higher up the ground and I also think Oallen is a much better contested mark(even though he drops a few atm)

Still I really like what I have seen and think there is a very high ceiling on what he maybe able to produce once given a good run at AFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back