List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

You pretty sure we’re trading our first round rounder?
More likely to trade it than hold it.
We've been linked to a number of players and some of them may require our first rounder for negotiations, even if it means getting a later pick(s) back.

A number of people have mentioned the draft thins out quite a bit after 30 so I'm expecting we trade fairly heavily, and have maybe 3 live picks with a rookie upgrade at the end (La Young), with one of those picks being a mature state leaguer.

Jeka has been a bit inconsistent but he has the tools to make it. He usually a very good field kick and has shown himself to have good leading patterns. If he doesn't make it as a KPF I could always see him becoming a KPD.

No, I'm expecting us to trade heavily as every indication the club has given has been for the need for mature bodies.
I think if we still have access to Jamara etc we will have to trade for picks in next years draft to make up the points for them too.

Not expecting to have a first round pick if the above happens.

I think if we still have access to Jamara etc we will have to trade for picks in next years draft to make up the points for them too.
I'd rather go into deficit than lose a first rounder this year over a maybe. We have three third rounders this year to trade for next years' picks and the 20% loading really helps.
Plenty of clubs love to trade up at a points deficit to obtain higher picks, happens every year.

I'd rather go into deficit than lose a first rounder this year over a maybe. We have three third rounders this year to trade for next years' picks and the 20% loading really helps.
Plenty of clubs love to trade up at a points deficit to obtain higher picks, happens every year.
I'd say this if it was one but if academy rules stay similar then we have 3 who could go first round and one of those looks like a top 10. Need more than 3rd round picks to pull that one off.

I'd say this if it was one but if academy rules stay similar then we have 3 who could go first round and one of those looks like a top 10. Need more than 3rd round picks to pull that one off.
We also have a first rounder to trade down, and a second. This can be done next year, no need to rush this year.

In 2015 we traded pick 11 (1,329 points) and our 2016 3rd round pick (ended up being 53, 233 points) for 20 & 21 (1,790 points)
Ended up being a 228 point surplus to us, with 233 points further delayed for 12 months (this being prior to the order being shuffled by other bids).

1790 equates to 2237 points when the 20% discount is factored in, which is enough to cover a JUH bid at pick 3 with 3 points surplus.

If he is a pick 5 as some suggest, 1,878 after discount is 1,502. We're in the box seat having two kids as Ewan is considered a pick in the teens (at this stage) which equates to two third round picks or a small deficit on a mid-round second.

So much uncertainty around NGA picks at the moment though. What if they eliminate the 20% discount as has been predicted? Or make even more radical changes than that?

The longer they wait to announce the changes the suspiciouser I get.

So much uncertainty around NGA picks at the moment though. What if they eliminate the 20% discount as has been predicted? Or make even more radical changes than that?

The longer they wait to announce the changes the suspiciouser I get.
If they did make these changes, they'd need to give a year's notice at bare minimum. They can't just remove the discount and * over teams that traded out of the draft in advance with the idea that they would have enough points to match. For us, removing the discount could mean we actually have to trade INTO the draft considering the calibre of players we are attached to

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they did make these changes, they'd need to give a year's notice at bare minimum. They can't just remove the discount and fu** over teams that traded out of the draft in advance with the idea that they would have enough points to match. For us, removing the discount could mean we actually have to trade INTO the draft considering the calibre of players we are attached to
Hopefully they don't get rid of the ability to go Into points deficit and repay it the year after.
I think they're likely to get rid of the 20% discount, at least for the players taken in the first round. Probably as of next season

Brodie Kemp's down with a possibly serious knee injury, according to Cal Twomey.
That potentially brings him to late teens or even second rounder territory. Max King was a rare exception where he was such an incredibly dominant player that his knee only dropped him to 4th pick when he could have been 1st. Jack Bytel had a serious back injury and ended up sliding to the 40s when he had previously been touted at a pick 1 prospect.

That potentially brings him to late teens or even second rounder territory. Max King was a rare exception where he was such an incredibly dominant player that his knee only dropped him to 4th pick when he could have been 1st. Jack Bytel had a serious back injury and ended up sliding to the 40s when he had previously been touted at a pick 1 prospect.
No it doesn't. Joel Selwood, Jake Lever, Aiden Bonar among others prove that idea wrong.

If a player is talented enough, a torn ACL won't affect their place in the draft too much.

No it doesn't. Joel Selwood, Jake Lever, Aiden Bonar among others prove that idea wrong.

If a player is talented enough, a torn ACL won't affect their place in the draft too much.
Literally the second word of my post - "potentially".

Jack Bytel was one of the most talented players in the draft, yet slid to the 40s due to the uncertainty surrounding his injury. Lever and Bonar only prove why there should be concern, since both have severely underperformed over their careers so far compared to those around them

Literally the second word of my post - "potentially".

Jack Bytel was one of the most talented players in the draft, yet slid to the 40s due to the uncertainty surrounding his injury. Lever and Bonar only prove why there should be concern, since both have severely underperformed over their careers so far compared to those around them
Bytel had a back injury. Big difference.

ACL injuries historically don't impact draft order much. If a player is a top talent, they will be selected at the top, simple as that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back