Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Conglio -> Yeo, Taranto or Duncan

Looking ahead to Round 23 (SC Grand Final), Taranto vs Suns and Yeo vs Hawks @ Optus Stadium.

Champion Data ranks Geelong as the easiest draw on the run home with Five games against bottom 10 sides.

Thoughts? :think:
If Geelong lock in top spot before final rounds would Duncan be at risk of being rested?

Geelong_Bisons_#36

Premiership Player
Jun 17, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Inverleigh Hawks
3 trades left. Coniglio has to go this week. Thinking of trading Louge to Birchall and then Cogs to pretty much anyone. Was thinking of the Bont but not sure about his injury. May go Sloan.
Will leave me with 1 trade.

majortinkle

Premiership Player
Jul 21, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
If I'm heading for a donut I'll trade Kelly for Zorko with my last trade.....hopefully no trades....

Apr 1, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Nice team!

Issues:
-M8
-no Junkley, Boak, Hurn
-Parish, Blakely (fix one now, one at start of finals?)

You don't need 3 x rookies around 230-270k ( Hately, Clarke, Answerth ). Assuming Hately is back, trade one of the other two (Answerth has DPP but Clarke better JS and scoring) to a 102k to free up cash.
Allows you to upgrade Parish or Blakely this week.

But still have the issue of M8, which could work with looping, or you could look to a cheaper premo type eg. Worpel, Hanners?
Brought Parish and Blakely in round 13 and Round 10 respectively and although they have performed averagely, I feel like I need to hold them until at least the finals. Ideally they'll end up on my bench as cover but seems unlikely and I'm not sure I can afford a trade to upgrade them atm, need to focus on getting a full premium team

Might leave it at no trades this week and downgrade Clarke or Answerth when their BE's get a bit higher

Wait what? How is Pendlebury not out after finger surgery?
Surgeon gave him the all clear today. It was down to him whether he thinks he can play as normal

They'll tape 2 fingers together and hope it doesn't get worse

Reckon it will affect his scoring at all? I don't really have the luxury to trade him anyway so I suppose he's a keeper.
Doubt it, Pendles plays injured all the time. Will play a more uncontested game off half back (like last week) if they're worried about him fighting for the ball in stoppages

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the consensus on best mid to bring in?

Already have Macrae, Fyfe, Cripps, Neale, Zorko, Oliver and Gaff

Money no object.

Dunkley or TK if you dont have them fwd, otherwise possibly Duncan maybe..possibly Sloane. Would have said Bont if he didn't have injury queries.

Gethsemene

All Australian
Apr 4, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

So plan is to Hold Fyfe, Jelly and Weller and hope the useless campaigners return, Darcy Moore’s time is up! I would like to get Gawn back at some point! Playing cash leagues so overall doesn’t bother me so had Nic Nat played may have waited a week for his price drop, now think he could go close to 200!

So, option one:
Moore+ Hately = Gawn + 102k player who may have zero job security (only one playing is Hayden McLean)
Instant upgrade, but leaves me with little cash and a VERY thin bench

Option two:

Moore -> Someone with job security and wait for Gawn to drop and cull someone else (thinking Jarrod Cameron ain’t getting dropped soon)
If Gawn goes massive, I’m in trouble as none of them are going to gain enough cash

Option three

Trade out Jelly and Moore for Gawn and a $500k mid (maybe Duncan, Walters or Hunter)

(Dislike sideways movements)

2 rucks plus Lobb against Sydney surely Lyon is taking the piss. Late change?

Anyway Wilkie and Fyfe/J Kelly to a rookie and the best mid i can afford. Which premo to trade out of the 2?

Gethsemene

All Australian
Apr 4, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I mean, it’s an infection in an elbow he had surgery on earlier in the year... Plus their season’s over, may just rest him

Nov 21, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
So I have narrowed down my options for Cogs...

Taranto - Pro: More mid time, Con: He plays for ******* GWS

JPK - Pro: High floor, Con: Low ceiling

Duncan - Pro: Never tagged, Con: could get rested

Yeo - Pro: High tackling rate, Con: starting to get tagged

Daniel - Pro: Seagull, Con: Bevo

Billings - Pro: None, Con: It's Billings

Walters - Pro: Can score big, Con: Burnman

dash555

Senior List
Apr 6, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi all,
I need some help with trades this week. Trying to stay in my league and make finals. Opponent has Fyfe too, so just wanting to know if I should get Whitfield this week to strengthen the gap left by Fyfe now and loop Burgess and Answerth, hoping one gets a 60/70ish score. Team below. Would love to get your options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back