Preview 2019 Round 18 - Richmond vs Port Adelaide @ MCG, Saturday July 20, 1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't we just pick on form?

Caddy best player in the 2's -bring him in.

Dropping our best defensive wingman who doesn't lose a contest one on one is also confusing.

Being too cute with selection. Will bite us eventually.
Or they've said to Caddy, we want to see these running patterns OR more defensive play OR get to more contests OR....
and he hasn't done so.
The match committee has the runs on the board. I trust them to have v solid reasoning for their decisions and that they are communicating v clearly with the players about expectations and decisions.

That would be a bad move.

Stack is far more damaging up forward for us.

Everytime he touches the ball it feels like it leads to as score.

He has smarts and skill that none of our other small forward possess.
I feel like Stack has serious smarts wherever we put him.
Plus Jack up forward provides us with plenty. I’m not saying he’ll never venture forward either.

dont think bakers kicking is not good enough for defence

I think we might get beat this week.

Port have to rebound ,their ins are not that bad and it will be interesting on the match ups. Chol on Westhoff???

How will our defence go against Dixon and others?? Then again Dimma knows a bit about Port and we went well against them earlier in the year against the odds but are we overconfident??

McIntosh is probably the most overrated player on this board. Had about three good games early in the season and has done stuff all since. Averages 14 disposals a game. So glad he’s gone.
🖕

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just thought I'd drop in again as you were so accommodating to my earlier posts, thank you. We have only forced changes this week, which to me (and most other posters in our changes thread) is nuts. All the talk we've had this week about responsibility and accountability means nought. Houston and Duursma are automatic ins (X should never have been dropped (incidentally he didn't play at any level last week and there hasn't been a public explanation of this)). Broady is a fan favourite and a logical replacement for Burton, who I reckon we'll miss big time. He doesn't have Ryan's pace but in form is very reliable in defence. He had a good game in the twos last weekend. Houston will play in the midfield.

Don't ask me why Sutcliffe is still in, or where he'll play. I have no idea. Not unless he was Dusty's groomsman as well.

Would have liked to have seen a bit more ruthlessness in selection, but there is possibly the argument that you can't make too many changes even given the turgid slop we dealt up last week.

I have no idea who's replacing Ebert up forward. None. It is true though that when we play well, we have a wide spread of goalkickers, so perhaps that's the tactic on a bigger ground.

All up I don't see any reason to change OPs original call. You should control this game, possibly without even getting out of second gear, and win by 4-5 goals. Your risk is whether we can get any kind of clearance domination, which again tends to be the case in our good wins.

Hoping for a game that's worth watching and injury free. Can't wish you luck on Saturday, but naturally will do so should you come up against the Crows in the finals.

EDIT: LOL, did I see Razor Ray on the umpires list? Is it too late to change my tip to Richmond by 1000000000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back