• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United
How mackay can get a game again after not even being able to show anything vs witches hats is incredible. Seriously how is he getting a game.
images (1).jpeg

Ramify

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
So team balance is chucked out the window?

Nether Lynch or Stengel play a similar role.

That ever elusive non-statistical role you mean?

AFCs notion of team balance is a freaking joke dude. Consists of balancing out half a team worth of in form talent with another half of hazbeen-but-never-were hacks who train the house down but never produce the goods when it matters.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
We both love Stengle but you got prize dibs
Think we should have played all 3 fwds
Hard to match on
Haha love him all you wish mate :p definitely agree with your point, having three small forwards in Betts, Murphy and Stengle (all guys that provide nice defensive pressure) would be a good point of difference for sure

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Let's be honest. The only time our club makes any progressive change is when we get our ass handed to us. They make the token change and then revert back once we flat track bully some useless club. Rinse repeat. Club is going nowhere under Pyke. He is incapable of developing anything other than mediocrity.

So team balance is chucked out the window?

Nether Lynch or Stengel play a similar role.
No Mackay would upset our team balance? That's like saying winning powerball would upset your budget.

Ramify

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lets assume it was MacKay, who plays where?

Simples. Change your bloody structure and quota system/ideal age profile to accommodate your most in-form and talented players.
I know the set-and-firget approach has payed off bigtime for us over the years but Isnt this a big part of a coaches job description???It's called dynamism or something like that.
Who knows, it could possibly make a certain teams gameplan a tad less predictable, and as farfetched a notion it may seem, it could even benefit the team both longterm and short by getting games into the kids(long) and by forcing players in the now to do wacky s**t like actually perform in order to secure their spot(the now).

Morning_Fog

Premiership Player
Jun 24, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
No Mackay would upset our team balance? That's like saying winning powerball would upset your budget.

I’m all for dropping MacKay, I would be ecstatic if he never played again but I just don’t See how the forward line works if you drop MacKay for Lynch.

Betts, Stengle, Murphy with Lynch, Walker and Jenkins just doesn’t work.

Sep 13, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Luton Town, 36ers,
i was a little supprised stengle was dropped too but when u think about it he had 2 gimmee goals and a good snap against wiches hats so i can understand if its for team balance. as for Dmac he has a lot of haters but isnt he one of the speedier players we have? everyone has been talking how the bombers will cut us up with speed. The proof will be in the pudding tommorow. If we win ( i thinks so by 2 goals) the changes have worked.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Back