Votes: 4 8.9%
  • OUT: Stengle

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • IN: Ootiib C

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

i was a little supprised stengle was dropped too but when u think about it he had 2 gimmee goals and a good snap against wiches hats so i can understand if its for team balance. as for Dmac he has a lot of haters but isnt he one of the speedier players we have? everyone has been talking how the bombers will cut us up with speed. The proof will be in the pudding tommorow. If we win ( i thinks so by 2 goals) the changes have worked.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Mate, you SHOULD have to actually be able to use that "speed" to your sides advantage for it to qualify as a reason for selection.
Shouldn't be to pad out our all round average meters or top speed statistics like it is.
Realistically in this case it just means he gets to either turn the ball over or get swatted like a mozzie in the contest quicker and perhaps more often(if hes on fire).

i was a little supprised stengle was dropped too but when u think about it he had 2 gimmee goals and a good snap against wiches hats so i can understand if its for team balance. as for Dmac he has a lot of haters but isnt he one of the speedier players we have? everyone has been talking how the bombers will cut us up with speed. The proof will be in the pudding tommorow. If we win ( i thinks so by 2 goals) the changes have worked.

No point having pace if you don’t do anything with it

Mate, you SHOULD have to actually be able to use that "speed" to your sides advantage for it to qualify as a reason for selection.
Shouldn't be to pad out our all round average meters or top speed statistics like it is.
Realistically in this case it just means he gets to either turn the ball over or get swatted like a mozzie in the contest quicker and perhaps more often(if hes on fire).
possibly but i guess we will see.

Disappointing, but understandable really.

Lynch was always coming in, and really, we've been witches hats against against Geelong and Port for large periods of time so it makes sense why Knight was preferred.

Mackay stays in just baffles me. What is wrong with this club to think he is even a remotely capable option, but I'm desensitized to that stupidity.

Selection seems to be narrowing leading into the finals countdown.

Injuries to specific role players notwithstanding, I’m seeing the possibilities of those outside the 22 for selection in the following categories:

Almost certain: CEY
Maybe: Gibbs, Stengle, Davis
Unlikely but possible: Jones, Poholke.
Shouldn’t but will be discussed: Douglas

Players who could get dropped if they dip: Mackay, Knight, Greenwood, Murphy

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd have rather gone in unchanged than this, I mean yeah drop Davey but you gotta give Stengle another crack, despite his deficiencies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't consider 'select the same 22 every week, injury allowing, while bringing in youngsters for one game and then dropping them regardless of performance, while underachieving perennial disappointments stay in the side,' - to be a plan.
I was under the impression he was talking about gameplan, however if it was about selection then I tend to agree.

I'm not a fan of a 1 game inclusion.

What did Stengle do wrong? I thought he Did well and would maybe lose confidence if he isn't given a run?
Nothing. Lynch was pretty much an automatic inclusion. Our match committee has a history of omitting the youngest or least experienced player in those circumstances (much to many peoples frustration)

Would we ever consider Knight to play half back? Surely worth a try before Mackay
Possibly, but he's just as 'quick', doesn't get the ball much and his kicking is just as ordinary

Would rather not have both.

I had to laugh at Hart tonight when discussing Milera and Smith in the middle, “we like a bit of speed in there”.

Really since when? Since you’ve worked out the same set up you’ve had for the last 3 years isn’t going to cut it? Since you were embarrassed by a s**t side?

This pisses me off. They guys are paid a s**t load to be gurus and yet they are clueless and take years to get what some of us got years ago. That’s why lines like “the coaches know best” is a joke. s**t coaches are just s**t coaches.

I’m all for dropping MacKay, I would be ecstatic if he never played again but I just don’t See how the forward line works if you drop MacKay for Lynch.

Betts, Stengle, Murphy with Lynch, Walker and Jenkins just doesn’t work.
Huh? What else do we need? Knight? McKay?

That's like saying that bringing in Stengle was warranted because we won.

It's not as simple as saying we won so the changes were right. If we lose by 7 goals, is it because we brought Lynch in?

Back