Round 18 VC / Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumford is back this week, so bank Grundy to get 30 touches this weekend. He'll get his standard ~20 touches, then the 10 he gets from free kicks thanks to Mummy

Gawn's heatmap from the weekend looks weird.

Was he playing predominantly forward?

The last time I had Gawn C on the Sunday was a nightmare. But I am considering it again...

Preuss factor. Preuss will get dropped this week gawn to double ton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grundy VC for me.
Champion Data or whoever the crooked campaigners are that do the scoring will find a way to get him to 130 regardless of how he plays.
Don't u think that Grundy's scoring has something to do with the fact that he's one of the 2 best ruck man in the comp, gets bulk HOTAs that score big points, gets it 20 times a week, plays for a top 4 side and is a huge part of his team's success?

Grundy VC for me.
Champion Data or whoever the crooked campaigners are that do the scoring will find a way to get him to 130 regardless of how he plays.
He'll crack 200 this weekend. Mummy will feel like he has to bully him in the contest to win the match up and he'll give away 10 free kicks.

48 hitouts, 31 touches, 9 tackles, 7 marks, 1 goal

Don't u think that Grundy's scoring has something to do with the fact that he's one of the 2 best ruck man in the comp, gets bulk HOTAs that score big points, gets it 20 times a week, plays for a top 4 side and is a huge part of his team's success?
sometimes yes. other times they just inflate his score cause he's Grundy.

What I don't get is what motive would CD have to over inflate his scores? Nearly everyone has him in their team so what difference does it make?
with Rance out for the season they needed a new knob to suckle on.

honestly i don't know why it happens but i know it happens. he's been KOTD for the last 3 weeks and 2 of those were losses.
he's good and i can see how he scores well but sometimes he scores too well given his performance and impact.

with Rance out for the season they needed a new knob to suckle on.

honestly i don't know why it happens but i know it happens. he's been KOTD for the last 3 weeks and 2 of those were losses.
he's good and i can see how he scores well but sometimes he scores too well given his performance and impact.
We'll have to agree to disagree.I just don't subscribe to the CD KOTD theories.
In his last game Grundy scored 129 in both AF and DT, game highs. These rely on pure stats and can't be inflated. He had 8 tackles,12 contested possesions and had a big influence in the last quarter, including a crucial spoil and important point. And was still only 8 points more than AF/DT scores.

We'll have to agree to disagree.I just don't subscribe to the CD KOTD theories.
In his last game Grundy scored 129 in both AF and DT, game highs. These rely on pure stats and can't be inflated. He had 8 tackles,12 contested possesions and had a big influence in the last quarter, including a crucial spoil and important point. And was still only 8 points more than AF/DT scores.
Don't think there's any diliberate inflation .....I do always wonder though in the statisticians interpretation .....when is a HTA accurate ? ....if it goes to his teammates hand and is fumbled, is it still a HTA ? .....what about if he taps into the path of his teammate, on the ground for his teammate to run onto ...is that a HTA ?

Then we have weighting for the match situation

Now that GC has dropped Scheer - I really can't see who is going to tag Cripps.

So now I have:

VC - Cripps
C - Grundy/Danger/Neale/Gawn etc - I will decide later if needed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back