Prediction Changes v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

“Who doubles down when we’ve gone too far,
Who makes Cam Sutcliffe...a star?”

giphy.gif
Who picks Sam Gray every Thursday night?
Who loses every showdown to Don Pyke?

This is hilarious.

I don't get it, he admits the tagging thing didn't work and wouldn't be attempted again. What role is Sutcliffe supposed to play then?

I said apart from, he was going to lose form with or without playing in those games.
The point is that Cam Sutcliffe is
- a 27yo Fremantle delistee
- who did not complete an AFL preseason
- who was selected after a 14 touch game
- to tag
- a tactic that did not work well
- a tactic we've open stated we won't repeat
- who managed 10 touches at 50% as a midfielder
- in a game we got smashed
- has been backed in for a further game.

Billy Frampton
- An in form, up and coming player in a position we have really struggled to develop talent in.
- Picked on form, is leading the reserves in goals averaging almost 3 a game.
- Kicked 3 the previous week against Gold Coast
- Had 9 touches as a forward in a game we struggled to enter the forward line effectively all day against Hawthorn
- Dropped

Todd Marshall
- A supremely talented blue chip tall forward prospect, again, a position where we struggle to develop players
- who has already shown plenty of that ability at AFL level
- who is coming off of one of the hardest off field situations that any teenage footballer would have to deal with with both of his parents passing away.
- who was playing solid football as a 3rd tall in a dysfunctional forward line, with statlines typical of a 10 game AFL key forward.
- dropped.

Cam Sutcliffe is continuing a storied tradition of low ceiling, low performance players with no improvement in them getting extensive AFL level games in the Hinkley era.

Any idea when they travel? I'll be at Tullamarine tomorrow and will happily provide Ken some feedback.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said apart from, he was going to lose form with or without playing in those games.

My first post also ignores the fact that we had Dixon out for the entire first half of the season. Why were we playing any games without an understudy replacing him? Why are the expectations of sub-20 game KPFs under Hinkley so high, but he'll let long term confirmed low ceiling, low performance players continue to spud up the field in a Port guernsey for years on end?

Imagine if every single one of Jake Neade's games had gone to John Butcher. Would we be better or worse as a football club now?

We could make a late change dropping Sutcliffe for Marshall and it would be the right decision. Hell, Marshall had 24 touches and 10 marks against the Crows in effectively the Westhoff role, sweeping back when required and using his running and reading of the play. Whatever role you've got Sutcliffe playing, pick Marshall in it and we're a better side this week and a better side going forward.

The point is that Cam Sutcliffe is
- a 27yo Fremantle delistee
- who did not complete an AFL preseason
- who was selected after a 14 touch game
- to tag
- a tactic that did not work well
- a tactic we've open stated we won't repeat
- who managed 10 touches at 50% as a midfielder
- in a game we got smashed
- has been backed in for a further game.

On the surface it appears that we're going to go down the tagging route again. This time will be different because we have specifically said we'll do the opposite. It's a plan so cunning that you could put a tail on it and call it a weasal.

s**t, I saw the changes, didn't think too much, and then checked in here by habit. Only then did it dawn on me that Sutcliffe is still in the side. WTF?

So, we're better off playing Sutcliffe than Atley, Drew, Garner or Woodcock?

R-i-g-h-t.
View attachment 711073

I did the same.

I assumed we drafted Sutcliffe purely for the Neale tag, it failed and he'd be at the Maggies until an end of year delisting.

Hey, we "terrorised" Gawn in rd1, some you win some you lose.

But wait, here he is again in the side, robbing Drew or Garner or anyone with a future a run on the G.

Fk me Ken, do us all a favour.

On the surface it appears that we're going to go down the tagging route again. This time will be different because we have specifically said we'll do the opposite. It's a plan so cunning that you could put a tail on it and call it a weasal.

We've lulled Richmond into a false sense of security! Another coaching masterstroke!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back