2nds Casey Demons 2019 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

About time the club got serious and moved to Casey Fields lock stock and barrel, men’s and women’s AFL, men’s and women’s VFL, academy and community programs all under the one roof and access to federal, state and local funding.

Next stage to redevelop oval 1 already approved and in planning along with the removal of local sports clubs from oval 2 and 3 to open them up as training venues. Opportunity for the club to take steps toward finally establishing an elite training set up, no more public paddocks beside main roads.
Bad idea. Will make us even less attractive to free agents and so forth. I mean I’m not taking any job that wants me to travel to work in Cranbourne or wherever.

Seaforth was so unattractive to St Kilda that they moved back to Moorabbin.
A lesson to us all.

I would like Melbourne to work out how to get a state of the art training facility somewhere around the centre of the botanical gardens

Bad idea. Will make us even less attractive to free agents and so forth. I mean I’m not taking any job that wants me to travel to work in Cranbourne or wherever.
Where do you think cranbourne is? It’s 40km from the MCG, the facility is there and about to have millions more spent on it, all our teams train and or play there as it is and it’s in the middle of one the fastest growing municipality’s in Australia.

Our so called professional club currently trains on a dog s**t strewn miss shaped public paddock next to a main road and shares the gym conference rooms etc with at least 2 other clubs. If the argument not to move is we may miss out on some unknown future free agent because the princess doesn’t what to drive an extra 20 minutes it’s not a very strong one. Or maybe they could just live in Mt Eliza or Sorrento

A lesson to us all.

I would like Melbourne to work out how to get a state of the art training facility somewhere around the centre of the botanical gardens
Will never happen, the cost alone would be astronomical not that it would matter because the club would never get planning, we need to move away from this idea that the club has to be within touching distance of the MCG at all times

Seaforth was so unattractive to St Kilda that they moved back to Moorabbin.
Haha, when did the Saints move to Sydney, and why weren't we told about it? Secret men's business going on at the AFL. Maybe they are sharing facilities with Manly!

Will never happen, the cost alone would be astronomical not that it would matter because the club would never get planning, we need to move away from this idea that the club has to be within touching distance of the MCG at all times
Really? So we couldn’t build structures in the middle of the botanical gardens?

Where do you think cranbourne is? It’s 40km from the MCG, the facility is there and about to have millions more spent on it, all our teams train and or play there as it is and it’s in the middle of one the fastest growing municipality’s in Australia.

Our so called professional club currently trains on a dog s**t strewn miss shaped public paddock next to a main road and shares the gym conference rooms etc with at least 2 other clubs. If the argument not to move is we may miss out on some unknown future free agent because the princess doesn’t what to drive an extra 20 minutes it’s not a very strong one. Or maybe they could just live in Mt Eliza or Sorrento

I know where Cranbourne is. Even worse, I’ve seen it.

A lesson to us all.

Just fill in the lake in the gardens, turf it and fence it off from the public. Problem solved.

All for it. We could rebrand ourselves as the Melbourne Fruit-Bats. Far more appropriate.

Really? So we couldn’t build structures in the middle of the botanical gardens?
I didn’t want to say it at the time but I’ve all the ideas for a training base I did think it was the dumbest and least likely, i clearly missed the sarcasm, my apologies. To be fair though it’s only mildly more stupid than some of the s**t that has come out of the club itself the last few years ie Yarra Park, Docklands etc

You snob, Cranbourne is a fine town

Yes, charming little town close to where I went to boarding school at Bryanston in Dorset. :thumbsu:

About 20 minutes on the A354 via Tarrant Hindon and Sixpenny Handley, from memory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha, when did the Saints move to Sydney, and why weren't we told about it? Secret men's business going on at the AFL. Maybe they are sharing facilities with Manly!
Oops - Seaford.

Yeah the Sydney life is finally taking over after 18 years away from Melbourne.

A lesson to us all.

We could have designed and built a flying fortress with state of the art training facilities and lasers if we hadn't committed all that cash to Goodwin's 5 year contract. Would have meant great training facilities wherever was most convenient for us as well as the ability to strike at our enemies... what could have been.

Wouldn't be the worst move. If you're ever playing cricket at Manly Oval, fielding on the boundary near the tennis courts is a must...

Nah King looks at the game with detailed statistical analysis and he brings information not available to the general public. The rest say things I could come up with myself after taking ice for 4 days
This explains your analysis thread

I've been against dipping back into our casey pool, but wouldn't be against taking lefau as a rookie pick

He has some interesting athletic traits for sure.

Can’t gauge if there’s enough to work with at AFL level though. He just doesn’t stay in games at all. Not sure he’s ever put in a 4 quarter effort.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back