Autopsy Ken Hinkley - PAFC senior coach 2013 to 2019

Who will coach PAFC in 2020?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We under achieved in 14, should have been top 4 hit a wall and just rebounded. He doesn’t finish a season well

Were 11-2, with the two losses being to North (when Monfries pinged a string running into an open goal) and Sydney (robbed by a kick), only to win 3 of our next 9.

And that was when he could walk on water.

I have never and will never forgive him for ruining John Butcher's career.

We joke, we love to joke, but Butcher being dropped for Sam Gray for round 4 2014 against the Lions at the Portress was simultaneously the canary in the coal mine for our selection and structure policies, and Ken Hinkley's first fun killing act. It was his first step in turning the footy into something I managed to enjoy during the depths of the Primus era winter, into something that I now struggle to enjoy.

Yeah more bad memories than good ones unfortunately.

Carlton comeback last round 2013
Going defensive against Geelong second half SF 2013
Brisbane & Carlton 2015
Fremantle 2-10 in 2016, Carlton again, Sydney first half
West Coast EF 2017, massive Showdown loss
West Coast dejavu 2018, going from 11-4 to missing finals

Just so much embarrassment and that's before getting into his love affair with Half Back flankers and mediocre small forwards whilst failing to develop a ruckman or tall forward of our own.

Today, on top of hints I have received from a senior Club executive, it is obvious to me that Hinkley is manipulating his own exit latest end of season ... and the Club is too stupid, too big a sucker, but to play along.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I won't miss the plethora of Hinkleyisms
We'll never give up
You get what you deserve
Someone's gotten lose
Work harder for longer
We look forward to the opportunity
It's a brutal competition
Youse
Stronger at the contest for longer
I'm sure there's plenty more.
We seen how good [the opposition] are today.

Yeah more bad memories than good ones unfortunately.

Carlton comeback last round 2013
Going defensive against Geelong second half SF 2013
Brisbane & Carlton 2015
Fremantle 2-10 in 2016, Carlton again, Sydney first half
West Coast EF 2017, massive Showdown loss
West Coast dejavu 2018, going from 11-4 to missing finals

Just so much embarrassment and that's before getting into his love affair with Half Back flankers and mediocre small forwards whilst failing to develop a ruckman or tall forward of our own.

I’ll add the 90 point loss to GWS in 2016 to this list. So glad I drove 6 hours each way for that shemozzle.

*, i hope it comes to an end this year.

Im hopeful (delusional really) that it'll happen soon enough that with Schofield taking over, we get on a run, finish 8th and win the flag from there.

Nothing would be sweeter.

Oh and playing Boak out of position for the better part of three years. Campaigner.

I'd decided I was just going to post the Butcher post and leave this thread but this has me absolutely raging again thinking about it.

"Hey captain and elite midfielder who has pulled us over the line in game after game with his midfield and clearance work, we're going to put you in a role where the plan is that coming out of defence you sprint to space, we bomb the ball to you while you're swarmed with opponents, we maintain our defensive structure behind you (in case there's a turnover lol) without giving a solitary support runner or option to kick to ever, ??????, profit"

I'd decided I was just going to post the Butcher post and leave this thread but this has me absolutely raging again thinking about it.

"Hey captain and elite midfielder who has pulled us over the line in game after game with his midfield and clearance work, we're going to put you in a role where the plan is that coming out of defence you sprint to space, we bomb the ball to you while you're swarmed with opponents, we maintain our defensive structure behind you (in case there's a turnover lol) without giving a solitary support runner or option to kick to ever, ??????, profit"

Which was essentially the same role we had Angus Monfries playing rather ineffectively right before his career fizzled out.

Sam Mitchell.

There I think that covers most topics raised.

raman imagine sitting through 7 years of Ken Hinkley, finally having the relief of his sacking, and then we sign up your old mate Sam Mitchell as head coach instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back